What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official 2017 SF 49ers thread *** see original post or latest post for link to new 2018 thread (1 Viewer)

Wingnut

Footballguy
NEW 2018 THREAD: https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/764810-official-2018-sf-49ers-thread-the-lynchshanahangaroppolo-era-begins-lets-do-this/

2017 draft:

2017 49ers Draft Picks

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/John-Lynch-to-49ers-Fans-Were-Going-to-Make-You-Proud/76df0612-84b6-4560-bfaa-5c022d6ce854

John Lynch to 49ers Fans: 'We're Going to Make You Proud'

Lynch spent more than 25 minutes on KNBR Wednesday morning with the Murph & Mac show. His first interview with the San Francisco 49ers flagship radio station covered everything from rooming with Edgar Renteria during his minor league baseball career, to his expectations as an NFL general manager.

Lynch continued to speak candidly about the interview process with the 49ers, his qualifications for the job and how important it is to embrace the randomness of life. But maybe the most impactful portion of the half-hour chat came at the end.

As Brian Murphy began to wind down the interview, Lynch interjected with a thoughtful message for what 49ers fans should expect from his new regime.

“I would just tell people, watch the moves we make,” Lynch began unprompted. “Of course we’re going to make some mistakes along the way, but we’re going to make you proud with the type of players that we build this team around. I (also) think it’s very important to be invested in this community.

“I remember (former Tampa Bay Buccaneers head coach) Tony Dungy and the first meeting he ever had with us. He told us, ‘Our job is to win championships, but if that’s all we’ve done at the end of our time together, then we haven’t done enough.’ I’ve been around a lot of people that live that.

“I understand what a special community (the Bay Area is). We want to be a part of it, and we want to make people proud. I can give my commitment that we’re going to leave no stone unturned to try and get people that represent the organization. First of all, everything we do, being single-minded to win World Championships and also to make the community proud with the guys we have.

“That’s the one thing I will promise.

http://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/Lynch-addresses-Marathe-s-role-in-49ers-10900694.php

Lynch addresses Marathe’s role in 49ers’ front office

John Lynch might have answered questions posed by Paraag Marathe during the interview process, but the 49ers general manager has made it clear he wouldn’t be answering to the executive in his new role.

“I report to Jed York,” Lynch said Monday.

Today, during a 25-minute interview on KNBR, Lynch was again asked about the role Marathe will play in the front office.

Marathe has spent 16 years with the 49ers and is thought to have considerable influence. His reassignment in 2015 from president to his current title (chief strategy officer and executive vice president of football operations) was viewed as a demotion, but his presence during head-coach and general-manager interviews suggested he remained near the top of the power structure.

Marathe’s murky role was an “impediment” to attracting some candidates, Pro Football Talk reported.

For Lynch’s part, he said he followed his parents’ advice before meeting with York and Marathe: Do your homework, but form your own opinions.

“I’ve always tried to do that,” Lynch said. “I can tell you this: My short time being around him, I think Paraag is an unbelievable asset to me and to this organization. I understand that somehow the narrative has been out there that he meddled and all those things.

“All I know, for instance, one of my challenges early is negotiating contracts. I haven’t done that through my career, other than my own deals. Well, from what I understand, he’s one of the best in the league at it. So am I going to lean on him for that? Absolutely.”

Without prompting, Lynch went on to discuss football analytics, which has been one of Marathe’s areas of expertise. Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels noted 49ers director of football administration and analytics Brian Hampton was part of his interview with the team.

Today, Lynch said he was open to using analytics, but didn’t anticipate they would play a major role. The takeaway from what he said: Lynch - not Marathe - would determine how much analytics would be used.

“People talk a lot about analytics and what role they play in football,” Lynch said. “I want to explore that. I don’t think it’s going to be a big part of what we do, but I think to ignore it would be foolish. Anything that help us get better, I’m going to embrace. That’s where we are. I can tell you that thus far (Marathe has) been a tremendous resource.”

http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/Why-Adam-Peters-is-a-Big-Hire-for-the-49ers/36a0112e-5390-4353-882f-84f26ec3d457?sf53742572=1

Why Adam Peters is a Big Hire for the 49ers

John Lynch vowed on Monday to “aggressively pursue” some of the people in the NFL that he views as the best in the business. Not even 24 hours later, that promise is already bearing fruit. The San Francisco 49ers general manager made his first move on Tuesday.

Adam Peters, the former Denver Broncos director of college scouting, has agreed to terms to be the 49ers vice president of player personnel. Peters has spent the last eight years in Denver and another six seasons with the New England Patriots. He has three Super Bowl rings, five conference championships and 10 division titles to his name.

“When it comes to stars in this industry, Adam Peters is certainly one of them,” Lynch said in the press release announcing the hire. “He brings a wealth of knowledge and experience from two incredibly successful organizations, and is one of the most respected talent evaluators in the National Football League.”

Peters has spent nearly a decade as one of John Elway’s most trusted confidants for good reason. One member of Denver’s front office reportedly called Peters, “a savant.” Broncos running back C.J. Anderson thanked Peters for being the one to give him a chance in Denver. Peters deserves credit for Denver’s acquisitions of Von Miller, Chris Harris Jr. (undrafted free agent) and Malik Jackson – all players who were key contributors in Super Bowl 50.

The fact that Elway even let him interview with the 49ers was significant. But for Lynch to get Peters to join him in San Francisco illustrates the kind of respect that the 49ers new GM commands.

It circles back to what Lynch said on Monday. Keep in mind, it’s important to never draw too much from a press conference – or in this case, a conference call. You can’t win or lose a presser, per se, but Lynch’s candor was still refreshing.

For starters, it was great to hear Lynch’s confidence in regards to his qualifications for the job. Fans were eager to hear about his areas of expertise.

“I know football. I’ll put my football acumen up with most in this league,” Lynch said. “I know people and I know how to lead.”

Lynch also wasn’t shy when addressing his shortcomings. His lack of experience in an NFL front office has been a hot topic of conversation since he was announced as the team’s GM on Sunday. Lynch seamlessly addressed those critics honestly, without going on the defensive.

“I’m eager to earn their trust,” Lynch said. “I think the feelings that some might have there are natural. … I understand that, and I’m fully aware that myself and the team I put around me – we’re going to have to earn that respect. The only way to do that is through your actions. For us, that’s showing it on the field.”

A thorough self-evaluation is crucial for anyone in Lynch’s position as a first-time general manager. Understand what you bring to the table, and ensure you find the right people to pick up the slack in other areas. Lynch doesn’t have a decade of NFL personnel experience, but it only took him a matter of hours to lock up someone who does.

Lynch is a proven leader with a vision for the 49ers. He now has one of the NFL’s most highly-regarded eyes for talent in his corner. The process has only just begun, but Adam Peters is a tangible first step in the right direction.

Im liking these recent moves and am warming up to the idea that Jed might actually be making good decisions. We shall see....

Jut for the hell of it, here's a look at last year's draft.

Round 1, pick 7 (7): Deforest Buckner, DE Oregon

Round 1, pick 28 (28): Joshua Garnett, OG, Standord

Round 3, pick 5 (68): Will Redmond, CB, Mississippi State

Round 4, pick 35 (133): Rashard Robinson, CB, LSU

Round 5, pick 3 (142): Ronald Blair, DE, Appalachian St

Round 5, pick 6 (145): John Theus, OT, Georgia

Round 5, pick 37 (174): Fahn Cooper, OL, Ole Miss

Round 6, pick 32 (207): Jeff Driskel, QB, Lousiana Tech

Round 6, pick 36 (211): Aaron Burbridge, WR, Michigan State

Round 7, pick 28 (249): Charles Iworah, CB, Western Kentucky

Honestly I thought they killed it in the draft last year, I wouldn't be surprised to see that class blossom under better coaches and a more stable regime, as long as none of them slip through the cracks in any scheme changes.

Im liking these recent moves and am warming up to the idea that Jed might actually be making good decisions. We shall see....
The more I hear Lynch talk, the more optimistic I am. Peters is a huge hire as far as a respected player evaluator. Lynch and Shanahan see to be on the same page as far as their roles in draft and roster decisions.  I sense an actual team approach to roster building.  

Sounds like the Falcons are going to block Shanahan from taking other coaches with him.  Will be interesting to see how he fills out his staff.

Quite honestly, I'm shocked. It's the move I hoped Jed would make: Hire his own Elway and get out of the way.

This franchise needed a face more than anything, and Lynch is the only face of the whole bunch of candidates. The guy for this job doesn't need to be the best scout, he needs to be the best at shielding the team (including the coaches) from Jed and especially Marathe and prevent both from doing their thing and leaking infos. And he made the leaking-thing part of the hiring-process. Smart. Now he got his talent-guy in Peters to patch his inexperience in that respect.

It's still the Yorks. It's still Marathe. But if there's a way to salavage this organization, this was probably the only route to take.

The whole change reminds me a lot of the change from Shingles to Harbaugh with the difference being that this time there's no bootlicker in Baalke.

I'm leaning back and enjoy the show which is either gonna blow up spectacularly, yet again, or result in Jed and Marathe finally disappearing from social networks and other media.

Glad Lynch made a decent front office hire but I'm pretty surprised how quickly you guys are talking yourselves into the Lynch himself as GM.
Mainly because he is already showing traits of a good leader by getting everyone on the same page to work together and surrounding himself with good people. 

He's seems like a smart, football junkie, so I think he probably can evaluate talent himself, yet seems to be willing to listen to others as well.  

I just like how he is presenting himself so far.  The fact that he was able to hire Peters says something about the respect he has. 

The more I hear Lynch talk, the more optimistic I am. Peters is a huge hire as far as a respected player evaluator. Lynch and Shanahan see to be on the same page as far as their roles in draft and roster decisions.  I sense an actual team approach to roster building.  

Sounds like the Falcons are going to block Shanahan from taking other coaches with him.  Will be interesting to see how he fills out his staff.
The problem is, that's what Lynch is really good at, and what he was hired for. To be the face of the front office. He's articulate, likable, intelligent, has a player's POV and an anylists insight, with a face for television.

All the same qualities that landed Matt Milan a job in DET. That sure worked out awesome, huh? 

So per the topic title, while Jed may not get out of the way of the team, he's certainly going to get out of the way of the cameras. Because now he has Lynch for that. He has Lynch to answer for the 3-13 seasons when the witch hunts begin. 

Count me as highly skeptical. This remains a dysfunctional train wreck devoid of talent at the pro level. The cupboard is pretty much bare. 

And unless Lynch is gonna suit up on Sundays, he's just a face to put in front of the cameras so a certain prematurely balding rich kid doesn't have to be up there getting beat up any more, while saying "culture" 17 times. All the culture in the world won't win football games. 

hiring a GM who's never had any level of management experience, football or otherwise, is like hiring a sex therapist who's never been past 1st base. 

I like Lynch, but I hate the hire. We'll see what happens with the draft and the Shahannagins, but I don't see Lynch as anything but a well-dressed mouthpiece at this point. And if he has any real power, that's probably even worse. 

Hoping I'll eat crow in a couple years, but I'm not optimistic about it. 

Hot Sauce Guy said:
The problem is, that's what Lynch is really good at, and what he was hired for. To be the face of the front office. He's articulate, likable, intelligent, has a player's POV and an anylists insight, with a face for television.

All the same qualities that landed Matt Milan a job in DET. That sure worked out awesome, huh? 

So per the topic title, while Jed may not get out of the way of the team, he's certainly going to get out of the way of the cameras. Because now he has Lynch for that. He has Lynch to answer for the 3-13 seasons when the witch hunts begin. 

Count me as highly skeptical. This remains a dysfunctional train wreck devoid of talent at the pro level. The cupboard is pretty much bare. 

And unless Lynch is gonna suit up on Sundays, he's just a face to put in front of the cameras so a certain prematurely balding rich kid doesn't have to be up there getting beat up any more, while saying "culture" 17 times. All the culture in the world won't win football games. 

hiring a GM who's never had any level of management experience, football or otherwise, is like hiring a sex therapist who's never been past 1st base. 

I like Lynch, but I hate the hire. We'll see what happens with the draft and the Shahannagins, but I don't see Lynch as anything but a well-dressed mouthpiece at this point. And if he has any real power, that's probably even worse. 

Hoping I'll eat crow in a couple years, but I'm not optimistic about it. 
You lost me at the Millen comparison.  To point to one failure as the likely outcome of this hire is not a strong argument.   Millen is a total different personality.  Seems much more sullen. Maybe he couldn't attract good people to surround himself with.  He obviously was not (or did not hire) a good talent evaluator.  Everyone can see he failed in Detroit, but very few know the internals of why.

Lynch has already hired a respected talent evaluator in Peters.  I am sure there are other hires coming to strengthen the scouting department, probably once Shanahan is in place.  This is a total rebuild at this point, so anyone expecting to be playoff contenders in two years is going to be disappointed.  But you have to have a starting point and I can think of much worse than a smart, respected guy, who has a reputation for being a good leader, regardless of his lack of experience. 

I was waiting for my car to be serviced yesterday and by chance read an article in ESPN magazine about John Elway and what drove him to being a GM.  See similar traits in Lynch, despite having different personalities.  I know Elway cut his teeth on being owner/GM in the arena league, but the drive and the obsession on football is similar. 

You lost me at the Millen comparison.  To point to one failure as the likely outcome of this hire is not a strong argument.   Millen is a total different personality.  Seems much more sullen. Maybe he couldn't attract good people to surround himself with.  He obviously was not (or did not hire) a good talent evaluator.  Everyone can see he failed in Detroit, but very few know the internals of why.

Lynch has already hired a respected talent evaluator in Peters.  I am sure there are other hires coming to strengthen the scouting department, probably once Shanahan is in place.  This is a total rebuild at this point, so anyone expecting to be playoff contenders in two years is going to be disappointed.  But you have to have a starting point and I can think of much worse than a smart, respected guy, who has a reputation for being a good leader, regardless of his lack of experience. 
It's a perfect comparison. Other players-turned GMs all had experience in front offices before.

Millan is the only one that compares apples to apples to Lynch.

And I agree - Peters is a great talent evaluator and has been on the rise in NFL circles.  So hire Peters as the GM. 

Smart and respected does jack in the GM position. You need experience and Lynch has none whatever. 

His entire purpose is to be the mouthpiece - and it's very telling about the amount of control Shanahan is going to have (see: lots and lots)

The only & biggest difference betweeen Lynch and Mllan is that Lynch won't get 9 years for F up the team, nor will he have any real say in the big decisions. But you can bet he'll be an easy scapegoat if it all goes horribly wrong (which the smart money says it will) 

It's a perfect comparison. Other players-turned GMs all had experience in front offices before.

Millan is the only one that compares apples to apples to Lynch.

And I agree - Peters is a great talent evaluator and has been on the rise in NFL circles.  So hire Peters as the GM. 

Smart and respected does jack in the GM position. You need experience and Lynch has none whatever. 

His entire purpose is to be the mouthpiece - and it's very telling about the amount of control Shanahan is going to have (see: lots and lots)

The only & biggest difference betweeen Lynch and Mllan is that Lynch won't get 9 years for F up the team, nor will he have any real say in the big decisions. But you can bet he'll be an easy scapegoat if it all goes horribly wrong (which the smart money says it will) 
But it not a "perfect" comparison.  They are totally different people.  Because one fails doesn't mean the other will. 

Being a GM is more than talent evaluation.  Leadership is huge.  Smart and respected does mean a lot.  If you are respected, much more likely to get good people to work for you.  It may even come in handy when it comes to signing sought after free agents.

Working closely with the head coach doesn't mean you're a "mouthpiece".  That's the way it should be.  That was one of the big issues that Harbaugh had.  Not enough input on the draft.  Makes sense that the coach and GM are on the same page.

We will see and we will get an idea pretty quickly.  Draft is coming up and that will tell a lot about the direction this hire will go. 

But it not a "perfect" comparison.  They are totally different people.  Because one fails doesn't mean the other will. 

Being a GM is more than talent evaluation.  Leadership is huge.  Smart and respected does mean a lot.  If you are respected, much more likely to get good people to work for you.  It may even come in handy when it comes to signing sought after free agents.

Working closely with the head coach doesn't mean you're a "mouthpiece".  That's the way it should be.  That was one of the big issues that Harbaugh had.  Not enough input on the draft.  Makes sense that the coach and GM are on the same page.

We will see and we will get an idea pretty quickly.  Draft is coming up and that will tell a lot about the direction this hire will go. 
But the draft won't tell you anything about Lynch. It'll tell you about Peters and Shanahan.

But the draft won't tell you anything about Lynch. It'll tell you about Peters and Shanahan.
Sure it will.  Besides the fact that he hired Peters, who was not on the 49ers radar (at least I never saw his name mentioned), I am pretty certain he has some skills on the player evaluation side, especially defensively. 

Who is the last GM hired without even a tiny bit of background in front office work, in any sport,  that was successful? This reeks of an incompetent/inexperienced owner falling for a guy who interviews well, and not sufficiently weighing technical expertise in the hiring decision. 

Sure it will.  Besides the fact that he hired Peters, who was not on the 49ers radar (at least I never saw his name mentioned), I am pretty certain he has some skills on the player evaluation side, especially defensively. 
Peters may know his stuff but he's certainly at least third in the decision making process - given the circumstances, Shanahan will undoubtedly carry a ton of personnel influence regardless of whether he has any formally stated control.  

The 49ers have the 2nd most cap dollars in the NFL to spend...heres hoping they are active in the FA market and the Lynch/Peters/Shanahan trio will convince a few good players to come here and be part of the rebuilding process.

As far as Lynch goes, hes got a good friend in John Elway that he can (and will IMO) hit up for advice, and Peters has been working with Elway the GM the past 7 or so years, so I think he will be a great help to Lynch and will help steer him in the right direction.

With a 1st time GM AND Head Coach, its risky....Im not saying this is absolutely going to work and be awesome, but there are reasons to be cautiously optimistic IMO.

Who is the last GM hired without even a tiny bit of background in front office work, in any sport,  that was successful? This reeks of an incompetent/inexperienced owner falling for a guy who interviews well, and not sufficiently weighing technical expertise in the hiring decision. 
+1

The 49ers have the 2nd most cap dollars in the NFL to spend...heres hoping they are active in the FA market and the Lynch/Peters/Shanahan trio will convince a few good players to come here and be part of the rebuilding process.

As far as Lynch goes, hes got a good friend in John Elway that he can (and will IMO) hit up for advice, and Peters has been working with Elway the GM the past 7 or so years, so I think he will be a great help to Lynch and will help steer him in the right direction.

With a 1st time GM AND Head Coach, its risky....Im not saying this is absolutely going to work and be awesome, but there are reasons to be cautiously optimistic IMO.
 They had all that money last year too. And didn't spend a penny of it. 

They had all that money last year too. And didn't spend a penny of it. 
Yeah I'm aware of that. I guess all we can do is watch how this plays out. I'm not gonna get into a debate about what's gonna happen based on what's happened in the past. I'm guessing the new hires wouldn't be as interested in being in SF unless they were convinced that the organization is willing to spend money in the FA market and letting them make key decisions on personnel.

It's ok, you're allowed be skeptical. Jed has shown us no reason not to be. Myself? I'm hoping this is the start of a turnaround. It won't happen overnight...if these front office and coaching hires don't pan out, nothing changes, they're still a laughing stock...but if they DO pan out...we as Niner fans will be happy campers. Hope is a wonderful thing, and I think there is now some hope...even if it's a long shot.

They hired a GM who has zero experience as a GM. To go down the list 

Terry Donahue

Mike Nolan (who was basically GM and HC)

Scot McBoozin

Trent Baalke

All who had the same qualifications as Lynch

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

The is pure MaRAThe/Denise. Find a YES man, but this time someone who the fans might like, because what do they know? They will be on board with anything at this point.

ETA: at least he ain't Trent Dilfer 

I was waiting for my car to be serviced yesterday and by chance read an article in ESPN magazine about John Elway and what drove him to being a GM.  See similar traits in Lynch, despite having different personalities.  I know Elway cut his teeth on being owner/GM in the arena league, but the drive and the obsession on football is similar. 
Did that magazine article remind you that Elway doesn't work for the Yorks?

Cousins in 2018? Yay or nay? (opinion wise, not probability wise)
I would very much prefer not. He's competent. He's not the solution. They'd be better off trying to develop a QB and use their high draft picks to build a roster for the next two years. 

We've seen teams try to both "win now" to appease fans while attempting to rebuild and it's a bad strategy. Cousins coming in would be counterproductive. Those 5-6 wins Cousins wills the team to would cost them valuable draft position. 

One man's opinion.

Congrats. Your team is now coached by someone who is largely responsible for the largest choke in Super Bowl history. That has to have y'all feeling optimistic.

Congrats. Your team is now coached by someone who is largely responsible for the largest choke in Super Bowl history. That has to have y'all feeling optimistic.
Yeah, because he's the first coach who could have called smarter plays in a Super Bowl.

The best way for Shanahan to truly get over that loss will be to win a Super Bowl as HC with San Fran...and he's gonna be hell bent on trying to do that, maybe even more so now that he got that far and experienced that gut wrenching loss.

Will he be a good HC? Who knows...but that loss doesn't affect how I feel about him coming to SF.

Yeah, because he's the first coach who could have called smarter plays in a Super Bowl.

The best way for Shanahan to truly get over that loss will be to win a Super Bowl as HC with San Fran...and he's gonna be hell bent on trying to do that, maybe even more so now that he got that far and experienced that gut wrenching loss.

Will he be a good HC? Who knows...but that loss doesn't affect how I feel about him coming to SF.
Drunken Jed threw Harbaugh under the bus with he blurting aloud "a better coach would had won this game" when they lost the Super Bowl. I wonder how he feels now?

He really doesn't care. Because he roped you guys in again thinking Super Bowl  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

They need to not be the Browns West first. 

Give it a rest, man. Nobody here is thinking super bowl. 
The best way for Shanahan to truly get over that loss will be to win a Super Bowl as HC with San Fran...and he's gonna be hell bent on trying to do that, maybe even more so now that he got that far and experienced that gut wrenching loss
Look, Chokashan has a looong way to go before he can even think SB there with that franchise. Is he as good as Harbaugh? Probably not, and Harbaugh had more talent to work with with the exception of QB, which the 49ers still don't have even if Kaep stays. Plus, remember how MaRAThe was supposed to not like be there anymore? Well he never left. Jed lied there once again. I mean how is that going to work with Lynch? Lynch has zero experience as a GM, and now has to have the Rat there for contract negotiations, which is a GM's job.

The Rat who has undermined every head coach and GM there in the building as long as he has been there, and that even includes Bill Walsh when he came back as GM under Daddy York. 

Are you seeing through the ruse yet?

:lmao:  for an adult, you have the reading comprehension of a 5 year old.

Try quoting me where I said I think he he'll do it. I said winning one with SF would be the only way he could get over the SB loss. Big difference.

:lmao:  for an adult, you have the reading comprehension of a 5 year old.

Try quoting me where I said I think he he'll do it. I said winning one with SF would be the only way he could get over the SB loss. Big difference.
Let's parse this a bit: 

"Yeah, because he's the first coach who could have called smarter plays in a Super Bowl.

Will he be a good HC? Who knows...but that loss doesn't affect how I feel about him coming to SF."

Wouldn't the best way for he to get over this loss would be like, say owing ATL  another chance with he still in ATL? How does taking SF to a: 

"Super Bowl"

Going to avenge that? 

"and he's gonna be hell bent on trying to do that, maybe even more so now that he got that far and experienced that gut wrenching loss"

The current 49er 2-14 team is like, dead last in almost every statistical category in franchise history, including the Win/Loss column, which they are as of last season: 

2-14

But you are saying he is hell bent on winning a: 

"Super Bowl" 

Because he lost a 

"Super Bowl"

ETA: he is inheriting a horrid roster, has a GM who never had been one before, and now works for the worst owners in the NFL, like his new GM who has never had that job before also works for. 

How many times has this worked out there? 

Let it go, he's not in here predicting Super Bowls. Wasn't long ago I thought San Fran was headed for a dynasty run with harbaugh, a fierce young defense, a great oline with a serviceable playmaker at qb, and seemingly endless future draft picks. I think they hired the right coach despite the stupid play calls, and I'm sure he's learned an important lesson in game/clock management at atlantas expense. Its too bad he will also likely get canned 3 yrs in like singletary/harbaugh/chip etc when Jed York decides the coach has to go. 

While im in here, I like lynch, great player, smart football guy, but how do you interview all these "who's who" of asst gm types from sea, NE, GB, and give the job to a guy with no personnel or front office experience? I hope he is successful but I'm pretty skeptical. Hey, we brought in a new gm, but he doesn't really know what he's doing, so we kept some of our old s*%#ty front office guys to help him along. I think Jed York just likes seeing his own name in roto blurbs. 

Dude you still aren't grasping what Im saying, and Im done trying to explain it to you because I really don't care if you get it or not. 

Dude you still aren't grasping what Im saying, and Im done trying to explain it to you because I really don't care if you get it or not. 
I did grasp it. I would think every head coach in the league would be dead set in "winning the Super Bowl", but would you like say that about whoever coaches the Browns and say that person who posted "Super Bowl" was being unrealistic? 

Let it go, he's not in here predicting Super Bowls. Wasn't long ago I thought San Fran was headed for a dynasty run with harbaugh, a fierce young defense, a great oline with a serviceable playmaker at qb, and seemingly endless future draft picks. I think they hired the right coach despite the stupid play calls, and I'm sure he's learned an important lesson in game/clock management at atlantas expense. Its too bad he will also likely get canned 3 yrs in like singletary/harbaugh/chip etc when Jed York decides the coach has to go. 

While im in here, I like lynch, great player, smart football guy, but how do you interview all these "who's who" of asst gm types from sea, NE, GB, and give the job to a guy with no personnel or front office experience? I hope he is successful but I'm pretty skeptical. Hey, we brought in a new gm, but he doesn't really know what he's doing, so we kept some of our old s*%#ty front office guys to help him along. I think Jed York just likes seeing his own name in roto blurbs. 
Well we would think Andy Reid would had learned a thing or tow of game clock management along they way as well. 

Lynch I doubt was on any short list for GMs, but with MaRAThe there and his analytics guy, why even have a GM in the first place? The Yorks never liked having one since Donahue, and this one is the only one they did not promote from within. He just may be one in name only, which is gonna be another fun round of power struggles the love to have there. 

Users who are viewing this thread