What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

A pick by pick community ranking for Dynasty (1 Viewer)

Who would you pick as the highest rated player overall for dynasty in a 12 team league of QB/RB/RB/W

• Mike Evans

Votes: 17 14.2%
  • Odell Beckham

Votes: 36 30.0%
  • Ezekiel Elliot

Votes: 37 30.8%
  • David Johnson

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • Antonio Brown

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Todd Gurley

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Leveon Bell

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Other (put the name of the player in the reply so i can add them as a choice)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Brisco54

Footballguy
I propose that the FBG dynasty community do a joint/communal ranking of player/pick value so that we can properly gage current market value of players and picks.  The FBG ranking can be useful, but having a finger on the pulse of market value can be even very effective in trade negotiations.

This should provide us more accurate market value than a mock draft, because a draft skews market value by incorporating a given team's positional need.  The latter is useful for draft strategy, but not market value.  Plus, no one is committed to picking at a certain time or whatever.

The way this will work is a series of polls.  Please vote on the player you would choose as the most valuable for dynasty.  The league we will use for the poll is a 12 team PPR dynasty with standard scoring and QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/K/DEF

Also, please tell me what players I should add to the poll for the current or upcoming pick if they are not there already.

Thanks!

Brisco

Last edited by a moderator:
why don't you make it a 2 rb league if you want a true gauge, most people don't play in a league where you play 1 rb

Thanks for doing this Brisco and I agree with you that the results of these polls will be different than a mock draft where only one person is making the decision about a specific player at a spot instead of a lot of people making that same decision and only using the most common choice.

Each thread could serve as a discussion for the particular decision point as well. 

Number of teams is vital.  

12-16 teams?  DJ, Evans or OBJ 

20-32 teams?  Luck

Ok... I am fine with a 2 RB league... I will change it.  and as stated above, this is for a 12 team league. 

I'm a bit surprised no one has voted for Brown or Bell yet.

I think AJ Green, Hilton, Jones and Cooper are guys who could be added to the next one.

Awesome idea.  Evans is my number one dyno asset, but I would take obj if I thought I could move him for Tampa Mike or Zeke plus.

I might have changed my vote had it been 2 RB format when I voted but I don't know that it skews things much.  Although based on the vote count when I voted if you threw out those beginning votes I think Zeke and OBJ would be in a tie at this point.

Awesome idea.  Evans is my number one dyno asset, but I would take obj if I thought I could move him for Tampa Mike or Zeke plus.
I agree. Hard to argue for those voting Beckham 1.1, but I still think the diva/attitude in him bring more a risk than that with Evans. 

I would likely add Julio to the list. Zero off-field issues, consistently in the top of the rankings, and great rapport with his QB.

I agree. Hard to argue for those voting Beckham 1.1, but I still think the diva/attitude in him bring more a risk than that with Evans. 
Just my  :2cents:

Evans = OBJ

Zeke = DJ

These are the top 4 players without much doubt IMO.  Order will vary.  I wouldn't argue against Bell except his behavior decreases his value IMO. 

I would likely add Julio to the list. Zero off-field issues, consistently in the top of the rankings, and great rapport with his QB.
sure. Julio and Antonio, even at 28/29 (soon) should be considered, top 7ish. 

First off thanks for doing this, listening to suggestions and adding in the second RB.

For me it's a clear top 3 but even inside that top 3 it's really a top two. Elliot and Odell.

Elliot over DJ and Bell almost, but not quite 100%, due to age. I'd take both DJ and Bell over Elliot in redraft next season.

I think Odell,and for that matter a few other WR',s are a solid cut above Evans in terms of pure talent and I think the diva stuff is overrated with Odell. But the other WR's not named Odell are older, Cooper is the next really young WR I like but he's not up to Evans level, yet.  I'd still put Evans at 3 and a tier above the others based on of course his production but what looks like a likely QB pairing that if healthy has a great chance to see him through the bulk of the most productive years of his career, if not all of it.

Just want to say my opinion does not come from owner bias, if anything owner envy. I don't own Elliot, Odell or Evans in a single league, used to own Evans but dealt him last off-season. I do own a lot of Julio and Brown and no way on earth would I make my initial pick of 1.1 in a startup of a 28/29 year old WR, not when you have such attractive young options like Evans and Odell at that same position.

FUBAR said:
Just my  :2cents:

Evans = OBJ

Zeke = DJ

These are the top 4 players without much doubt IMO.  Order will vary.  I wouldn't argue against Bell except his behavior decreases his value IMO. 
Zeke is younger with a better line while Palmer and Fitz are the only two proven guys and nearing retirement. Situation could turn bad for him quickly.

Zeke is younger with a better line while Palmer and Fitz are the only two proven guys and nearing retirement. Situation could turn bad for him quickly.
maybe, but Palmer wasn't good in 2016.  DJ still produced.  If the offensive scheme changes away from DJ, sure he'll lose value.  But that won't happen.

maybe, but Palmer wasn't good in 2016.  DJ still produced.  If the offensive scheme changes away from DJ, sure he'll lose value.  But that won't happen.
Palmer was good enough to keep defenses from stacking the box. Can't remember where I read it, but David Johnson was one of worst RB's in the league against a stacked box. Fact he's such a high volume receiver helps a great deal, but I think it's valid concern if they don't get a new QB in when Palmer is ready to go, which I assume will be after 2017.

Palmer was good enough to keep defenses from stacking the box. Can't remember where I read it, but David Johnson was one of worst RB's in the league against a stacked box. Fact he's such a high volume receiver helps a great deal, but I think it's valid concern if they don't get a new QB in when Palmer is ready to go, which I assume will be after 2017.
www.revengeofthebirds.com/platform/amp/2017/1/31/14435842/carson-palmer-is-he-getting-ready-to-retire&ved=0ahUKEwi7otqWjvXRAhXi4IMKHeVJCz4QFghKMAo&usg=AFQjCNEQ7Z6HiKWdp28wTgUv_qaLeY5T4Q

Makes perfect sense as a reply to what you said about DJ/Palmer/Cardinals QB situation? You said you assumed Palmer will play this year (I do too). He posted a link saying that could be incorrect 
Ok, thanks for reply but still don't get it since we've had updates since that story broke which kind of makes that whole article pointless.

ETA- I read the article twice because I thought I was missing something. Like maybe a section which talked about DJ ran against stacked boxes or something but after the second go around was pretty sure it was old news which has since been updated. Was genuinely wondering was the point.

Last edited by a moderator:
First off thanks for doing this, listening to suggestions and adding in the second RB.

For me it's a clear top 3 but even inside that top 3 it's really a top two. Elliot and Odell.

Elliot over DJ and Bell almost, but not quite 100%, due to age. I'd take both DJ and Bell over Elliot in redraft next season.

I think Odell,and for that matter a few other WR',s are a solid cut above Evans in terms of pure talent and I think the diva stuff is overrated with Odell. But the other WR's not named Odell are older, Cooper is the next really young WR I like but he's not up to Evans level, yet.  I'd still put Evans at 3 and a tier above the others based on of course his production but what looks like a likely QB pairing that if healthy has a great chance to see him through the bulk of the most productive years of his career, if not all of it.

Just want to say my opinion does not come from owner bias, if anything owner envy. I don't own Elliot, Odell or Evans in a single league, used to own Evans but dealt him last off-season. I do own a lot of Julio and Brown and no way on earth would I make my initial pick of 1.1 in a startup of a 28/29 year old WR, not when you have such attractive young options like Evans and Odell at that same position.
It was a bit easier to argue for Brown or Jones two years ago than it is now.

I agree with you in that I see a top tier of about 8 players to choose from with the first pick but as they are all the same tier I would take the younger ones with my choice from all of them, In a PPR format it is hard to pass on David Johnson though.

Users who are viewing this thread