What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

National Strike Against Trump Feb 17 (1 Viewer)

Geez.  I already have two other protest/riots to attend that day.  It's going to be tough squeezing this one in.   Do you know if they'll be handing out coloring books?

"Let’s designate a day on which no one (that is, anyone who can do so without being fired) goes to work, a day when no one shops or spends money, a day on which we truly make our economic and political power felt, a day when we make it clear: how many of us there are, how strong and committed we are, how much we can accomplish"

Encouraging people not to buy anything that day?  Let's show Trump by penalizing business owners.

Also,  :lmao:  at we're not going to work!!!  Well, unless we might get fired then that Trump guy isn't so bad.  

WAIT.. One writer for the Guardian had a thought and penned an opinion column.

Now it's a "National Strike vs Trump" ???

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

This thing doesnt even have any legs.  

The faux outrage/hysterics by Dr Oadi is more worthy of being ridiculed then this. Ramblin Wreck got hooked also I see. lol

Last edited by a moderator:
WAIT.. One writer for the Guardian had a thought and penned an opinion column.

Now it's a "National Strike vs Trump" ???

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

This thing doesnt even have any legs.  

The faux outrage/hysterics by Dr Oadi is more worthy of being ridiculed then this. Ramblin Wreck got hooked also I see. lol
I don't know what's real outrage, fake outrage, real news, fake news, or anything with the crazies anymore.  

This feels like one of those "don't buy gas today......unless you have to" kind of things that people do.  
Reminds me of days at the University Of Maryland in the late 70s when a student group (pick one)  posted flyers "This thursday, wear blue jeans if you support ___________" and then claimed victory when pictures of the campus were filled with students wearing blue jeans. :lol:  

Can I do this on February 16th?  I already have that Friday off and with Monday being Washington's Birthday, I would really love a 5-day weekend! :pickle:  

Can I do this on February 16th?  I already have that Friday off and with Monday being Washington's Birthday, I would really love a 5-day weekend! :pickle:  
So you coincidentally have the protest day off? Ya, sure ya do...just coincidence. 

This is what frustrates me so much about our electorate.  We spend sooooooooooooooooooo much ####### energy doing stupid #### like this instead of the things that might actually make a difference (like calling our reps, writing letters etc).  We rail on our kids with the "if you'd take 1% of the energy you are using to try and get out of doing X and just do X you'd be done and not have to worry about it anymore" meme, yet here we are as adults doing the same childish things :wall:  

This is what frustrates me so much about our electorate.  We spend sooooooooooooooooooo much ####### energy doing stupid #### like this instead of the things that might actually make a difference (like calling our reps, writing letters etc).  We rail on our kids with the "if you'd take 1% of the energy you are using to try and get out of doing X and just do X you'd be done and not have to worry about it anymore" meme, yet here we are as adults doing the same childish things :wall:  
There should be a "price" to join this boycott. You may not use a vacation day unless you also write or call your local senator/house rep

The Commish said:
Indivisible: A Practical Guide For Resisting The Trump Agenda

ClownCausedChaos2 said:
Well,I have that day off, but now I'm going in to work voluntarily and working for free!  Screw you hippies!  Take that!
Ha, like you feel strongly enough about any cause to work for free. 

This energy better keep up until 2018 and 2020 we can vote this douche bag out.
Can't let Congress and the Executive think this is all about one issue either.  This isn't just about the ACA or the Muslim Ban, this is about resisting a Drumpf agenda that appears to be squarely set upon turning America into an Oligarchy (more of an oligarchy than it already is).

And that's the optimistic viewpoint of Drumpf's agenda.

The first 100 protestors get an Elizabeth Warren autographed black mask...there will also be a raffle where the lucky winner gets to smash the windows of any store of his or her choice without any legal ramifications...

The Commish said:
You can protest and email and call. It isn't one thing or another. We have already seen the people kill the attempt to roll back ethics rules and the sell off of public lands. 

I don't get why people look down on protests. How do you think we got the Civil Rights Act? So protests are as important as letters. And today you can be actively protesting and emailing at the same time.

You can protest and email and call. It isn't one thing or another. We have already seen the people kill the attempt to roll back ethics rules and the sell off of public lands. 

I don't get why people look down on protests. How do you think we got the Civil Rights Act? So protests are as important as letters. And today you can be actively protesting and emailing at the same time.
She agrees with you.

Bring her to the rally

The Commish said:

If this constitutes a protest, you have a very loose interpretation of the term.  This sort of "don't do X today as a show of solidarity" meme isn't worthy of being considered a protest IMO.  I'm down for a good old fashion protest.

Lol most liberals don't have jobs anyway? So are they striking already or?

If this constitutes a protest, you have a very loose interpretation of the term.  This sort of "don't do X today as a show of solidarity" meme isn't worthy of being considered a protest IMO.  I'm down for a good old fashion protest.
A national strike would be a protest. This is one guys idea and as far as I know it's just his. I was referring to protests in general.

Just another example of when Libs don't get their way, stomping their feet, holding their breath and pouting like children.

I'm used to it being in Wisconsin where the Dem Senators who didn't like something all left the State so they didn't have to vote.

smh

Users who are viewing this thread