What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rebuild has come around nicely...what to use these picks on? (1 Viewer)

Matt's Eagles

Footballguy
12 team PPR, start 1 QB/2 RBs 3 WRs, 1 TE, 1 flex

I have picks 1.2, 1.5, 2.5, 2.6, 2.8

We do a roster cutdown to 12 around June prior to draft, then Rookie Draft, then FA Auction to round out rosters, we also have 4 taxi squad positions

QB Wentz, Mariota

RB Ajayi, Coleman, Abdullah, Booker

WR Allen, Jeffery, Martavis Bryant, Parker, Perriman, JJ Nelson, Boyd

TE Fiedorwicz, James

i got offered Henry, pick 2.9 for my pick 1.5 and James.

looking to just draft BPA and hopefully get one of the big TEs in the 2nd round

Pre draft id say cook/fournette at 2, stay at 5 and hope Williams or Davis falls to you, or look at foreman perhaps, or look to trade back while otc. I'd want to wait and see who's available rather than wait another year or more for Henry to be the bell cow. Maybe you drop back to 1.09 and take Howard for your te and pick up a 2018 1st or something like that. Chances are you take a rb at 2 so you won't really need Henry. 

I'm in a similar situation in rebuild, own 1.02, 1.07, 2.2, 2.3, 2.11. I have a lot of youth, trying to strategize for the draft. I want the stud rb at 2, I suppose I'd entertain moving back but deciding what kind of offers I'd give to move up to 1.04 or back to 1.10 from the 1.07 mostly. Entertain offers, but don't be hasty this time of year, that pick will get more and more the closer to your draft you get. 

First off, no to that trade offer.  Your team has a while to grow and while I like Hunter Henry, he and pieces aren't worth the 1.05.  I would consider a counter offer to try to add Henry.  Maybe remove the 1.05 piece of that trade and try to swap in a late round 1 value like Abdullah, Booker, or Perriman instead? Continue to build.  You have some decent young pieces but are a ways from competing.

Easy no to that offer.  Much rather have the 1.05.  As other's have said Hunter Henry is a nice young piece but TE's are fairly easy to fill with serviceable guys in a pinch.  Not worth the early pick.

Users who are viewing this thread