What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Brady still not the best ever (1 Viewer)

I disagree with Joe T a lot but this time he's right on the money. His thread was timely and his OP well written and perceptive. Joe T, I commend you and support you 100%. I can't give you enough likes!

It must suck knowing that you were depending upon this game as a big FU to Donald Trump too since Belicheck and Brady both voted for him.

This is like Clinton vs Trump all over again for you, isn't it?  That kind of makes me chuckle.

It must suck knowing that you were depending upon this game as a big FU to Donald Trump too since Belicheck and Brady both voted for him.

This is like Clinton vs Trump all over again for you, isn't it?  That kind of makes me chuckle.
That juggling catch by Trump was probably the best catch of all time and then when he sacked Ryan I was like wtf. He is a winner. 

Just received word that, after SBLI, Roger Goodell placed an ex post facto ban on the avocado ice cream enema Brady received at half time to chill his gassed 40yo *** and fined the Patriots their entire hoodie revenue thru 2020 and sentenced the great QB to play the first six games of next season riding on the shoulders of Jacoby Brisett.

Just received word that, after SBLI, Roger Goodell placed an ex post facto ban on the avocado ice cream enema Brady received at half time to chill his gassed 40yo *** and fined the Patriots their entire hoodie revenue thru 2020 and sentenced the great QB to play the first six games of next season riding on the shoulders of Jacoby Brisett.
I hate teh cheating Patriots, but LMAO

So the Pats are cheaters. But the Seahawks broke the rules by not putting players on the injury report. That's a major violation I know the hammer is coming, wait what? No punishment at all? No hot takes for weeks over something you could actually prove? Because it only matters when the it's the Pats. Why? ####ing jealous crybabies. I was raised hating the Pats. If they never win another game I couldn't care less. But to see the people so childishly invested in hating people they never met and have no clue about rouses the contrarian in me. it offends my sense of fair play. So I rooted for Brady and Co. I wanted that slimy piece of #### Goddell to have to hand them the trophy. And they did it in the most amazing way they could. Biggest comeback win in SB history. Most passing yards in SB history. Most completions. 4 time MVP, also a record. 5 rings.  Brady and Bellichik are the GOAT. And no one is likely to ever catch them. Then on top of that apparently the Pats are going to sign Brady to an extension. I will now be rooting for him to get ring 6 just to piss off the childish whiners.

So the Pats are cheaters. But the Seahawks broke the rules by not putting players on the injury report. That's a major violation I know the hammer is coming, wait what? No punishment at all? No hot takes for weeks over something you could actually prove? Because it only matters when the it's the Pats. Why? ####ing jealous crybabies. I was raised hating the Pats. If they never win another game I couldn't care less. But to see the people so childishly invested in hating people they never met and have no clue about rouses the contrarian in me. it offends my sense of fair play. So I rooted for Brady and Co. I wanted that slimy piece of #### Goddell to have to hand them the trophy. And they did it in the most amazing way they could. Biggest comeback win in SB history. Most passing yards in SB history. Most completions. 4 time MVP, also a record. 5 rings.  Brady and Bellichik are the GOAT. And no one is likely to ever catch them. Then on top of that apparently the Pats are going to sign Brady to an extension. I will now be rooting for him to get ring 6 just to piss off the childish whiners.
I actually somewhat agree with you. Well, not about the Seahawks part.

Goodell is such a horse's *** that seeing him have to eat #### was satisfying. And Belichik cracks me up.

Speaking of the Steelers, and maybe it's just that I don't pay as much attention to sports media as I did back then, but wasn't the buildup to Brady's run at #5 about 1000 times less annoying the the Steelers and all that "one for the thumb" bull####? Or maybe it's just that I can't stand Steelers fans (no offense to Steelers fans).

Anyway, I hope Brady wears the other 4 to the ring ceremony, and makes sure to slide #5 onto his middle finger.

Super edgy post , bro.  I cut myself a little bit just reading it.  

Speaking of the Steelers, and maybe it's just that I don't pay as much attention to sports media as I did back then, but wasn't the buildup to Brady's run at #5 about 1000 times less annoying the the Steelers and all that "one for the thumb" bull####? Or maybe it's just that I can't stand Steelers fans (no offense to Steelers fans).

Anyway, I hope Brady wears the other 4 to the ring ceremony, and makes sure to slide #5 onto his middle finger.
F them and all their dumb nicknames for their wins.  One for the thumb.  Sixburgh.  :X

In all seriousness, I don't think the number of championships makes one the best ever, particularly in a team sport. Tom Brady may very well be the best QB ever but his 5 rings don't define that. He's in the conversation, but so is Peyton Manning and Joe Montana and John Elway and a few others. 

I think Wilt Chamberlain was the greatest player of his era, despite the fact that he has 2 championships and Bill Russell has 9. Russell had better teams around him. 

In all seriousness, I don't think the number of championships makes one the best ever, particularly in a team sport. Tom Brady may very well be the best QB ever but his 5 rings don't define that. He's in the conversation, but so is Peyton Manning and Joe Montana and John Elway and a few others. 

I think Wilt Chamberlain was the greatest player of his era, despite the fact that he has 2 championships and Bill Russell has 9. Russell had better teams around him. 
I think that this is true.  Dan Marino is clearly a LOT better than given credit for due to lack of titles.   Peyton Manning has 2 titles, but one was in his worst season as a pro... it just so happened he was the guy under center.

However, I think that when careers begin to be similar that success on a team level can push one over the top.  For instance Brady might not catch Favre or Manning in total yards/TD's etc...  but it will be close enough that the titles will push him over the top.

Or LeBron might actually end up with bigger numbers than Jordan in the overall scheme of things, but he won't have the 6 titles with one team to put him over the top.

But I do think this line of thinking is overall correct in a team sport.   It's much easier to look at an individual sport and say:  Serena, Federer, Jack Nickalaus... GOATS without question

I agree with every word in this post.

I could go on, but this is the only real football post in a non-football drunken troll thread (with all due respect to OP), so no need to go further.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with every word in this post.

I could go on, but this is the only real football post in a non-football drunken troll thread (with all due respect to OP), so no need to go further.
Yeah whatever dude. You're a Saints fan and we all know that you hate the Falcons.

Yeah whatever dude. You're a Saints fan and we all know that you hate the Falcons.
Totally different situation. I can't help that you can't see the difference between light and dark, good and evil, it's very simple... the right thing happened last night for order to be restored to the Universe. The New Orleans Saints have a Lombardi Trophy and the stoopid falcs DON'T.

And oh please btw your post further up wasn't serious. Yes championships and winning matter.

However that shouldn't affect how people view Brady. And I don't even like the guy or the team particularly, but this is ridiculous - they're the 2nd greatest dynasty after the 60s Packers now. Forget the Super Bowl: This is patently absurd, Brady has the most NFL Championships after... Starr? Graham? I haven't looked it up yet, but we're talking NFL History since 1919. Now at his age, most completions in a SB/NFLC game, most yards, greatest comeback... it's just ludicrous. Doff the cap, people.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a 49ers fan, I've argued Montana for the last few years, even I'm in a position where it is getting harder to argue.

Users who are viewing this thread