What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Worst Beer You've Ever Had... (1 Viewer)

Rot-gut beers are legion.  Especially post-proliferation of the mircrobrewery.

Not naming some small batch swill that a local micro put out on a whim/as a lark(or pretty much any malt lick-ra)?  Probably Schaefer's or Hamm's Light.  Although, hipster staple PBR is pretty downright disgusting too.  Anything that smells like stale urine probably shouldn't be trusted anywhere near your mouth.

Last edited by a moderator:
a heavily expired one on accident, i vomited almost instantly..  pretty sure it was a domestic... had to have been over 5 years old

Shaffer, PBR, Bud, Beast, any light beer, etc all basically taste the same. Not sure how one can be considered so much worse than another.

When I was in HS, there was a cheap beer called Chili Beer that had a pepper in it. It was so spicy, you could hardly drink it and it tasted like hell. That was a nasty beer.

ETA: Ive had some pretty skunky Heinekens over the years that were pretty bad too. 

When I was in HS, there was a cheap beer called Chili Beer that had a pepper in it. It was so spicy, you could hardly drink it and it tasted like hell. That was a nasty beer.
"Dave's Cave Creek Chili Beer" if I recall correctly... that was the first thing that came to mind for me when I read this thread title   :yucky:

ETA: Curiosity got the best of me and I checked "Cave Creek" is what I was thinking.  

I'm constantly bored and seeking new beers and I've had 'em 'all' and counting. But one I recall, though I don't remember who made it, had a smoked liquid jerkey flavor to it, with a hint of gym sweat and dog hair. It's still with me, I can't wash it out of the sensory bank. That's in the microbrew department.

In the regular domestic beer department, and leaving out the mass produced stuff, I think I will put down Iron City beer as a candidate.

Big Jug beer.

Pretty much undrinkable. If I"m at a party and all that's available is Bud, Miller or Coors I'm OK even though not a big fan. This stuff? Forget about it. Hand me a water or any other drink. All the other beers listed so far are champagne compared to this crapola.

Big Jug Beer

I'm constantly bored and seeking new beers and I've had 'em 'all' and counting. But one I recall, though I don't remember who made it, had a smoked liquid jerkey flavor to it, with a hint of gym sweat and dog hair. It's still with me, I can't wash it out of the sensory bank. That's in the microbrew department.

In the regular domestic beer department, and leaving out the mass produced stuff, I think I will put down Iron City beer as a candidate.
Particularly the I.C. Light version. They don't call it Panther Pi$$ for nothing.

Miller 47

I tried a Ballast Point w/ watermelon in it this weekend and it was pretty nasty too; tasted like the outside rind. 

A buddy came over my house with a strawberry beer a few years ago but I can't remember the brewery.   We all agreed it was the worst beer we've ever had -- it tasted like a strawberry pixie stick.    I finished it but really had to force it down.

I have a neighbor buddy who has - over the last 4 years - tried to get me to choke down the weirdest, worst sounding beers he can find.  I can generally get anything down if it's cold and contains alcohol.  Natty Ice, PBR, Beast, Bud, Busch, Keystone, etc are all child's play to the following:

1)  I present to you Camo Ice.  Folks, I've guzzled malt liquors far and wide, own a Colt 45 t-shirt and had a Mickie's hat at one time, but a college gf stole if from me when we broke up.  Camo Ice was not to be trifled with.  I gave it a great try, went in with furious gusto, gulped down what I could and nearly projectile vomited.  I could not finish this can.  I did, however, use it to remove some wall paper.

2)  Great American Carolina Clear. Proof positive that America was great before Donald Trump told us otherwise.  It's right there on the label.  Unfortunately, this 28 proof "Malt Speciality" is anything but great.  It's not even gross.  Gross and I can work down with enough encouragement.  This was vile and repugnant.  This was Donald Trump's urine brewed in Steve Bannon's butthole and bottled up in a jar that was begging me to set it free.  There is not a person alive who tried this and said "Yup, we have a winner here".  Unless that person is only into Alternative Facts.

3)  Baltika 3.  Hailing from Russia, this tasted like Chernobyl.  I was never really interested in trying Russia's beers before, but if anybody here does have an interest, let me disabuse you of that errant thought right now and spare you the torture.  I now know why they drink so much vodka; their beer tastes like radiation.

At the GABF, there's always some bigger brewery that brings some 18+% beer that is never any good.  I'd rather drink Coors, Bud, Miller, or Natural Ice over that stuff.

I once bought a six pack of Cheesehead Beer at Trader Joe's.  It was brewed by Capital Brewery in Wisconsin which produces some decent brands but Cheesehead must have been bottled from what they mop up off the floor.  It was undrinkable and I have pretty low standards. 

I keep a sealed bottle in my office because of the label.   If the North Koreans launch while I'm at work, I might guzzle it down even though it's gotta be ten years old by now.

Hawaii's own Primo. In the 70s, they started importing it to the mainland, likely for soldiers who'd had it in 'Nam. Dunno why, cuz i useta hear stories from guys coming back that the two brands they could get the most of with their beer chits after being in country a while was Primo or rusted-out cans of Schaefer and everybody took the Schaefer. Anyway, even @ 75 cents/sixpack, i never went back for seconds. wikkidpissy -

In college we would go down to the distributor on Friday's for "Dock Sales", where basically they would sell about-to-expire beers super cheap.  Some of the high, errr, lowlights:

• Foster's, in the big oil cans.  It was something like $.50 a can, but when you opened them they would foam for several minutes, leaving about 2/3 of the can to drink.  Which was probably a good thing.
  • Heidelberg 40s.  Tasted like what the basement of the fraternity smelled like on Sunday mornings.  And they always had a bunch of stuff floating in them.  
  • King Cobra 32s.  I think they were just doing consumers a favor by not giving them the extra 8 oz.  Good to see Walmart is still selling this stuff.
  • And I think some people actually liked it, but Weinhard's Ale in the green bottle was about the only beer I just couldn't choke down no matter what.  Pass the stale Heidelberg if those are the two choices. 

Back when I was younger and shared living quarters with my brothers/friends over the years, there was always beer in the house.  We went through so much of it that someone was buying a case just about every day.  Any time friends came over, they knew to bring at least a 12-pack to get across the threshold and into the house.  Hundreds of thousands of beers were brought into that house and all but one left via the recycling bin.

The only beer that ever survived was Steel Reserve.  That stuff sucked so badly that even at 4:40 AM when everything else was gone, people would go to sleep instead of drinking it.  That one lonely can sat in the fridge for months and months before I finally put it out of its misery by throwing the full can into the woods behind my condo for some unwitting 12 year old to find.  My hope is that it would put him off drinking for life.

I have a neighbor buddy who has - over the last 4 years - tried to get me to choke down the weirdest, worst sounding beers he can find.  I can generally get anything down if it's cold and contains alcohol.  Natty Ice, PBR, Beast, Bud, Busch, Keystone, etc are all child's play to the following:

1)  I present to you Camo Ice.  Folks, I've guzzled malt liquors far and wide, own a Colt 45 t-shirt and had a Mickie's hat at one time, but a college gf stole if from me when we broke up.  Camo Ice was not to be trifled with.  I gave it a great try, went in with furious gusto, gulped down what I could and nearly projectile vomited.  I could not finish this can.  I did, however, use it to remove some wall paper.

2)  Great American Carolina Clear. Proof positive that America was great before Donald Trump told us otherwise.  It's right there on the label.  Unfortunately, this 28 proof "Malt Speciality" is anything but great.  It's not even gross.  Gross and I can work down with enough encouragement.  This was vile and repugnant.  This was Donald Trump's urine brewed in Steve Bannon's butthole and bottled up in a jar that was begging me to set it free.  There is not a person alive who tried this and said "Yup, we have a winner here".  Unless that person is only into Alternative Facts.

3)  Baltika 3.  Hailing from Russia, this tasted like Chernobyl.  I was never really interested in trying Russia's beers before, but if anybody here does have an interest, let me disabuse you of that errant thought right now and spare you the torture.  I now know why they drink so much vodka; their beer tastes like radiation.

:lmao:

I've never even heard of any of these, but thanks to your descriptions, I will actively avoid forever (if they even still exist.)

As bad as Steel Reserve is, it still doesn't compare to the worst alcoholic beverage I have ever had, even though it isn't beer.  Blue Four Loko is the worst crap I have ever put to my lips.  I don't even remember how I ended up with a can of it (I didn't buy it) but I took one sip and instantly started gagging.  I remember describing its flavor to friends as : "they managed to somehow capture the horrors of the Holocaust in liquid form."

Hawaii's own Primo. In the 70s, they started importing it to the mainland, likely for soldiers who'd had it in 'Nam. Dunno why, cuz i useta hear stories from guys coming back that the two brands they could get the most of with their beer chits after being in country a while was Primo or rusted-out cans of Schaefer and everybody took the Schaefer. Anyway, even @ 75 cents/sixpack, i never went back for seconds. wikkidpissy -
I remember that swill.  For a while it was "exotic".  

I remember that 6 dollar case of hackstein I bought a few years back lasted about two years. (it was a case of beer for 6 bucks! which is the cheapest I can remember ever seeing,  I had to buy it).  Any beer with the word hack in the name should be avoided.

you really haven't lived if the worst beer you've ever had is Budweiser, busch light, natty ice, Ole E ect ect

Miller 47

I tried a Ballast Point w/ watermelon in it this weekend and it was pretty nasty too; tasted like the outside rind. 
Watermelon Dorado.... it's horrific.  Not sure how anyone likes it.

For me Bud Light Lime is the first beer to jump out at me.  When I had it I thought it tasted like the smell of a urinal cake.

Chili beers are also horrible.  I love beer and I love food with chili peppers, but have never had a chili flavored beer that I can stomach

Robin Hood Cream Ale was infamous in Ohio.  Tough to choke down the first several to get blitzed enough it didn't matter anymore.  

Yacht Club was a close second.  It came in cases of returnables a little less than $5 (75 cents deposit - but you almost always had a case to return).  That and Braumeister was a standard for dads in the neighborhood.  

Ahh, to be back in college...

Genesee Cream Ale.  Dude, have you ever seen the Genesee river?  :X

I drank mass quantities of this (and Piels) in college.  Very affordable......

Users who are viewing this thread