What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Would you travel to Mexico right now? (1 Viewer)

Scoresman

Footballguy
My wife and I are mulling over locations for us to go to on our upcoming 40th birthday trip.  One of them is Mexico, either Cabo or Puerto Vallarta, but with Trump and the whole wall thing and relations with Mexico right now, we're not sure how well American tourists will be seen.  Opinions?  We normally wouldn't bat an eye over such a destination.  

My wife and I are mulling over locations for us to go to on our upcoming 40th birthday trip.  One of them is Mexico, either Cabo or Puerto Vallarta, but with Trump and the whole wall thing and relations with Mexico right now, we're not sure how well American tourists will be seen.  Opinions?  We normally wouldn't bat an eye over such a destination.  
Tourism is a huge part of the economy in those areas so I don't see them pushing away Americans because of the money that Americans bring.  I would guess you should be fine.  We are also looking at booking a trip to that region in the summer and don't have any concerns at this point.

So many better places to go, can't imagine why I would go back unless someone was having a wedding there. 

Was there a couple weeks ago. Love it and will absolutely go again. Cabo, PV, Zihuat/Ixtapa, Mayan Riviera...all as safe as our resort towns. If not more.

So many better places to go, can't imagine why I would go back unless someone was having a wedding there. 
We're already going to Maui and Kauai next month, and this is a fairly short trip so we dont want a long flight from the West Coast to someplace in the Caribbean or that region.  

Was there a couple weeks ago. Love it and will absolutely go again. Cabo, PV, Zihuat/Ixtapa, Mayan Riviera...all as safe as our resort towns. If not more.
Have not been to Riviera Maya in almost 10 years.  Loved it the few times we went there and hope it remains a great vacation spot. 

Cabo, Cancun, and the resort towns are fine.  I was in Mexico City last fall for work and I although would not vacation there I never felt unsafe.

My wife and I were considering a trip to Cabo area this spring, but we couldn't agree on where we wanted to stay.  She wanted sleepy village on Gulf side (Cabo Pulmo), and I wanted more surf and civilization on the Pacific side (Todos Santos).  Safety was never a concern, but I didn't want to be dealing with "What do you think of Trump?" questions all day and night from ex pats.  

My wife and I were considering a trip to Cabo area this spring, but we couldn't agree on where we wanted to stay.  She wanted sleepy village on Gulf side (Cabo Pulmo), and I wanted more surf and civilization on the Pacific side (Todos Santos).  Safety was never a concern, but I didn't want to be dealing with "What do you think of Trump?" questions all day and night from ex pats.  
San Jose Del Cabo is best of both IMO- big enough to have stuff to do, yet still laid back..    Cabo San Lucas is for nightlife, and Todos Santos is a cool day trip for shopping..

Sure, but just the tourist towns. I wouldn't venture all over Mexico, that's for sure.
I spent two months down there kicking dope 15 years ago, just driving around all over the country, mostly staying in PV and Zihuat. The people were ridiculously cool all over, but especially in the interior areas we went through. Inviting us into their gatherings and homes to eat and drink. Just tremendously sweet people we encountered. I probably wouldn't be quite as comfortable doing that kind of trip now because of all the cartel instability, but might have still done it. Wouldn't trade that trip for anything. Life-affirming ####.

My brother lives in Mexcio here (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Miguel_de_Allende). He's been there almost a year and loves it. I live in Arizona and get down there a fair amount.

The Mexican people are some of the best, nicest people I have ever met. I've never had any issues down there and have always had an amazing time. As long as you stay in "tourist" spots, you'll be fine. Go and have a good time.

Hmm....Trump supporters afraid of traveling to Mexico? It's almost like they're ignorant or something?

I would bring a ladder so you can get back in.

been south of the border a few times including Cabo and Mexico City and I will say the only people giving me any trouble were the local police pulling me over for a payoff. will never drive into mexico again, but flying into a resort town like Cabo is good times. and cheap.

My brother lives in Mexcio here (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Miguel_de_Allende). He's been there almost a year and loves it. I live in Arizona and get down there a fair amount.

The Mexican people are some of the best, nicest people I have ever met. I've never had any issues down there and have always had an amazing time. As long as you stay in "tourist" spots, you'll be fine. Go and have a good time.
Yeah, we've been many times and enjoyed ourselves.  Just wasn't sure about things now based on the current political climate.  

Went to Playa del Carmen a couple of years ago.  Not much different from Florida, except more people spoke English in Mexico.

Went to Playa del Carmen a couple of years ago.  Not much different from Florida, except more people spoke English in Mexico.
we're talking about right now... with all the crime, death squads, imminent mayhem, giving you the business, etc.

Got back from Riviera Maya last week.  Amazing vacation as always and so easy to get to. 

Global entry is a lifesaver.

El Floppo said:
we're talking about right now... with all the crime, death squads, imminent mayhem, giving you the business, etc.
I've gone 3 times in the last 12 months.  Will again this summer. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread