What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rank my offseason so far (1 Viewer)

TheBottomLine

Footballguy
League is 10-team best ball PPR.  

Traded this:

Devonta Freeman

Tevin Coleman

Dion Lewis

DeAndre Hopkins

TY Hilton

Randall Cobb

Received this:

Melvin Gordon

Danny Woodhead

Odell Beckham Jr

Keenan Allen

Tyler Lockett

Getting OBJ was key, so I'm OK giving up a fair chunk to get him.  How do you view the changes I've made so far this offseason?

I think you went backwards. OBJ is good but in best ball having all those good options is nice. The Atl backfield usually has a good producer each week. Keenan Allen's health is the real question. If he stays healthy it will work out for you. But so far that has not been the case. 

I think you went backwards. OBJ is good but in best ball having all those good options is nice. The Atl backfield usually has a good producer each week. Keenan Allen's health is the real question. If he stays healthy it will work out for you. But so far that has not been the case. 
So you'd take Hopkins, Hilton, and Cobb over OBJ, Keenan, and Lockett?

BTW, after thinking about it, it is somewhat pointless to consider these changes without knowing my roster.  I already have a ton of depth at WR, so I wanted to go after an elite guy and I did just that for OBJ.

Still have Watkins, Davante Adams, Allen Robinson, Kevin White, DeVante Parker, Quincy Enunwa, and Phillip Dorsett to add to Keenan, OBJ, and Lockett.  

I simply did not provide enough info and that's my bad.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you lost a lot on the RB side of things.  Coleman/Freeman and Lewis are much, much better than Gordon and Woodhead.   I think being in a best ball format severely diminishes the value of Beckham because part of his studliness is you know you are going to get a good to great performance each week.  His consistency is a huge benefit.  That gets diminished in best ball leagues because you can have the off guy have a huge week and it doesn't hurt you at all because he automatically goes in your lineup. 

Based on that I would much rather have had what you gave away because I think it is a much better best ball lineup due to the RB flexibility. 

I think you lost a lot on the RB side of things.  Coleman/Freeman and Lewis are much, much better than Gordon and Woodhead.   I think being in a best ball format severely diminishes the value of Beckham because part of his studliness is you know you are going to get a good to great performance each week.  His consistency is a huge benefit.  That gets diminished in best ball leagues because you can have the off guy have a huge week and it doesn't hurt you at all because he automatically goes in your lineup. 

Based on that I would much rather have had what you gave away because I think it is a much better best ball lineup due to the RB flexibility. 
I agree that I lost a decent amount at RB, yet Melvin Gordon paired with David Johnson at RB last year would have been better than taking the best games of Lewis, Freeman, and Coleman.  Or at least just as good.  He will likely lose a chunk of catches if they bring Woodhead back but he proved more than capable in all areas of the game, and their line was baaaad.  That may not change short-term but bodes well for his long-term potential.  

I think you're a terrible manager, quite honestly. Anybody who is as clueless as you are should quit fantasy football.

(I'm his older brother so I'm allowed to jokingly say that).

Truth be told, even though I am involved in one of these trades, I think by position you did the following:

-RB: Small step down but not enough to make you worry about what you got in return

-WR: OBJ is the best involved and went to you so that's good-- TY, Nuk, and Keenan can all score in the same range so it's really pretty even

You also upgraded at LB and upgraded draft positions out of all of the deals, so really you gained more than you even displayed in the original post.

SeanTaylor21 said:
You also upgraded at LB and upgraded draft positions out of all of the deals, so really you gained more than you even displayed in the original post.
It's hard to evaluate a trade on things you didn't include.  If there are more pieces to it then I might change my evaluation but based on what I saw I thought you took quite a step back.

It's hard to evaluate a trade on things you didn't include.  If there are more pieces to it then I might change my evaluation but based on what I saw I thought you took quite a step back.
I see it as this:

I'd be tickled to flip Hopkins, Cobb, and Lewis for OBJ.  I don't see many OBJ owners flipping him for this.  

Then, say, TY Hilton for Lockett and Keenan Allen.  Keenan is a PPR beast when healthy, but due to injury concerns I may prefer a more reliable TY Hilton, though Lockett is also very solid in best ball as he is capable of having big games.  That 2 for 1 swap is certainly close.  Some could definitely argue they prefer Allen and Lockett.

Then, it's the RBs.  I definitely prefer Atlanta, not going to debate that.  Like both Freeman and Coleman.  Even though Gordon outscored them (20.6 PPG excluding the game he got hurt, compared to 17.6 PPG by Freeman and 14.7 PPG by Coleman), give me those two guys over Gordon and Woodhead, although Woodhead is also a sneaky short-term play if he signs somewhere favorable.  

I can see someone thinking that they favor the other side, but not that I took "quite a step back."  May just be the case that you like the guys I traded and don't really like the guys I got as much as others.  Either way, you are giving me exactly what I wanted- other opinions.  That is what I came here for.  I trust myself a ton but the offseason is a long one, great to kill time on here debating trades, rosters, players, etc..  Don't want to come off like I am asking for opinions and then not respecting them.  I certainly appreciate it.  

I see it as this:

I'd be tickled to flip Hopkins, Cobb, and Lewis for OBJ.  I don't see many OBJ owners flipping him for this.  

Then, say, TY Hilton for Lockett and Keenan Allen.  Keenan is a PPR beast when healthy, but due to injury concerns I may prefer a more reliable TY Hilton, though Lockett is also very solid in best ball as he is capable of having big games.  That 2 for 1 swap is certainly close.  Some could definitely argue they prefer Allen and Lockett.

Then, it's the RBs.  I definitely prefer Atlanta, not going to debate that.  Like both Freeman and Coleman.  Even though Gordon outscored them (20.6 PPG excluding the game he got hurt, compared to 17.6 PPG by Freeman and 14.7 PPG by Coleman), give me those two guys over Gordon and Woodhead, although Woodhead is also a sneaky short-term play if he signs somewhere favorable.  

I can see someone thinking that they favor the other side, but not that I took "quite a step back."  May just be the case that you like the guys I traded and don't really like the guys I got as much as others.  Either way, you are giving me exactly what I wanted- other opinions.  That is what I came here for.  I trust myself a ton but the offseason is a long one, great to kill time on here debating trades, rosters, players, etc..  Don't want to come off like I am asking for opinions and then not respecting them.  I certainly appreciate it.  
No problem.  I love the debates to see both sides.  That's the whole point of responding to posts.  I want to see other sides that maybe I didn't think of and then debate the merits of both sides.  It's been a good thread with good input from all sides.

For this particular deal, I think a guy like OBJ has diminished value because it is a best ball league.  That diminished value is why I think you took a step back.  In a standard league I think you got the better end of the deal because of the consistency of OBJ that you don't get from other WR's.  I just don't see studs as being as critical in best ball leagues. 

No problem.  I love the debates to see both sides.  That's the whole point of responding to posts.  I want to see other sides that maybe I didn't think of and then debate the merits of both sides.  It's been a good thread with good input from all sides.

For this particular deal, I think a guy like OBJ has diminished value because it is a best ball league.  That diminished value is why I think you took a step back.  In a standard league I think you got the better end of the deal because of the consistency of OBJ that you don't get from other WR's.  I just don't see studs as being as critical in best ball leagues. 
Right, I got you.  But my depth at WR is still great, figured adding a stud made sense especially considering I have a good amount of picks and cuts will be tough to make anyway. 

Users who are viewing this thread