What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Joe Rogan Experience (1 Viewer)

Buddy Ball 2K3

Footballguy
Never listened to his podcast before yesterday. My buddy told me that I had to listen to Episode #911 w/Alex Jones (NSFW) I had never listened to AJ before except for when he was on Stern and talked about shrimp being gay.  So I started listening and holy #### is this guy pure gold. I am only two and half hours in and it's easily the most entertaining show I have ever heard. Total  :tinfoilhat: crap but sooo sooo enjoyable. 

Yeah, big fan of Joe.  He's got some pretty out there ideas, but he's a really intellectually curious person and can have some really cool conversations.

Also, be ready to hear ALOT about bow hunting and ketogenic diets lol

Never listened to his podcast before yesterday. My buddy told me that I had to listen to Episode #911 w/Alex Jones (NSFW) I had never listened to AJ before except for when he was on Stern and talked about shrimp being gay.  So I started listening and holy #### is this guy pure gold. I am only two and half hours in and it's easily the most entertaining show I have ever heard. Total  :tinfoilhat: crap but sooo sooo enjoyable. 
One of my favorite podcasts (pending guests).  This one would have been so much better if they weren't yelling over each other half the time - I think that is more of a function of Alex Jones than Rogan, as his interviews are usually not that loud.  

If you like that interview, my favorites have been with Graham Hancock and Randall Carlson or when they are both on together.  Talking about global catastrophes 10,000 years ago, Gobleki Tepe (sp?), civilizations that were around then, etc..   I think there was one a 2-3 years ago with just Carlson where he was talking about what it would have been like when the impact hit North America and it's just nuts to imagine that there would have been human living through it. (I think it's episode #501) I eat this stuff up though. 

In the same vein as Alex Jones, I remember the Jesse Ventura episode being decent too. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, big fan of Joe.  He's got some pretty out there ideas, but he's a really intellectually curious person and can have some really cool conversations.
I agree with this.  The cons that I find are that some of the shows are too long and conversations can be meandering, so sometimes I am discouraged from starting episodes.  But when he gets going and/or has an interesting guest, it is as good as anything.

I liked the recent Gary Veynerchuk one, as well as Scott Adams a couple months ago.  Also Russell Brand and Jim Breuer from last year is an excellent one (that is the one that finally got me to take it more seriously).

I skip anything MMA related, though perhaps I should give it a try.

I agree with this.  The cons that I find are that some of the shows are too long and conversations can be meandering, so sometimes I am discouraged from starting episodes.  But when he gets going and/or has an interesting guest, it is as good as anything.

I liked the recent Gary Veynerchuk one, as well as Scott Adams a couple months ago.  Also Russell Brand and Jim Breuer from last year is an excellent one (that is the one that finally got me to take it more seriously).

Yeah, I enjoy MMA so I like those podcasts.  But you should know that even in the fight companion podcasts the conversation is probably 10% MMA, they get off on unrelated tangents pretty quickly. 

Also, be ready to hear ALOT about bow hunting and ketogenic diets lol
:goodposting:   X10. 

I am sure I am missing out on some interesting talks, but I usually do skip over the ones with the hunters/survivalists and most of the martial arts folks if I don't know them. 

I am sure the reefer has nothing to do with that...

I did like the Lance Armstrong one from last year too.  Also anything with Shane Smith. 

I scanned a couple of the "best of" lists for the JRE and Hancock and Graham come up a lot.  Here are the episodes they are on if anybody is interested (I looked b/c I didn't think I have heard the older ones with Hancock)

Graham Hancock - #s 142, 360, 417, and 551

Randall Carlson - #s 501, 606

Both of them  - #s 725, 872

1st time hearing Jones as well. He really goes off the rails in the last 30-60 minutes

Big fan

I scanned a couple of the "best of" lists for the JRE and Hancock and Graham come up a lot.  Here are the episodes they are on if anybody is interested (I looked b/c I didn't think I have heard the older ones with Hancock)

Both of them  -  872

This one was very good/fun imo 

He was way out of his depth with Sam Harris, but the Alex Jones one seems like it should be entertaining. I'll check it out.

Rogan is awesome.  I pretty much hear him during the UFC but have watched some of his podcasts.  This Alex Jones guy is intense.  I have no idea how much of what he says is true, but Joe does a nice job keeping him under control, extracting info and injecting some humor.

Finally finished the Alex Jones episode and just kept getting better and better until the last ten minutes. Alex Jones has his own radio show and you can listen to it as a podcast as well. I am all in on him after one hour of his show. He is selling "special" toothpaste that is basically "Toms" brand that he/they add colloidal silver, pure iodine and EXTRA peppermint to. Its only $9.00 a tube and starts you down the path of being deprogrammed!!!!

Finally finished the Alex Jones episode and just kept getting better and better until the last ten minutes. Alex Jones has his own radio show and you can listen to it as a podcast as well. I am all in on him after one hour of his show. He is selling "special" toothpaste that is basically "Toms" brand that he/they add colloidal silver, pure iodine and EXTRA peppermint to. Its only $9.00 a tube and starts you down the path of being deprogrammed!!!!
The guy is definitely wacky, but the way I look at it is even if he is right about only 5% of the #### he talks about, it's still a pretty ####ed up world we live in. 

The guy is definitely wacky, but the way I look at it is even if he is right about only 5% of the #### he talks about, it's still a pretty ####ed up world we live in. 
It just makes it hard to listen to b/c you don't know what's the 5%.    To listen to that regularly would just be depressing. I really don't want to go through life thinking everything is a conspiracy.   I do like the guys energy though.   

Another recommendation for you to check out Hancock and Carlson. I want to eat up what they are saying, but my gut tells me that someone far smarter than myself could debunk a lot of what they present.

Also, if you want to go deep into nutrition nerd-dom, check out episodes with Dr. Rhonda Patrick. 

Really like Graham Hancock but deep down feel like he is as much a charlatan as Alex Jones just with a different style and approach. Both guys are entertaining however. 

Agree.  I can't think of many that are political based, actually.  Shane Smith is about the only one that sticks out off the top of my head. 
He also did one with Libertarian candidate Gary Johnson. He's also had RT's Abby Martin on and a former CNN reporter named Amber Lyon, who had an axe to grind over CNN censoring her over the U.S. relationship with Bahrain.

Lance Armstrong, Victor Conte, Bill Burr, and (even though it would have been the last one I suspected I would like) Dan Bilzerian were all really good.

Really like Graham Hancock but deep down feel like he is as much a charlatan as Alex Jones just with a different style and approach. Both guys are entertaining however. 
Hancock can go off on the weirdness a bit as he and Joe talk about their Ayahuasca trips and interdimensional beings.  What interests me is just the basics with him and Carlson.  Never heard of Göbekli Tepe before, and if that is 1000s of years older than the Pyramids, it is mindblowing to think about.  Combine that with Carlson talking about impacts that occured in North America about the time that existed and his descriptions of the aftermath is just fascinating to think about.  During the time I was listening to these, I was reading a book titled The World Without Us which described how quickly our footprints could be wiped out if we just got wiped out.  Just strikes me in my wheelhouse of stuff that I think is interesting to think about. 

I really need to do one of the Carlson episodes on youtube so I can see the pictures that he brings along so I can take it what he is talking about with these formations in the NW. 

Graham has been on like 8 times and I have listened to them all.  Very interesting stuff but scholars consider his conclusions a bit suspect to say the least.   Still love when he is on, it goes under the "I want to believe"  category for me.  I'm sure being high helps too  and Graham spent 30 years of his life being high 24 hours a day. 

He was way out of his depth with Sam Harris, but the Alex Jones one seems like it should be entertaining. I'll check it out.
Most people are.  But I really enjoy listening to Sam talk, and Joe is usually pretty good at letting him control the conversation.  The Jones cast was fun.

I used to listen all the time but as somebody mentioned before, his shows are pretty long so if you listen a lot you know that Joe smokes a lot of dope and will sometimes forget that he's told this story 700 times or doesn't give a #### that he has.  

I hate when it's him and another comedian and they talk shop the whole show. It's about as entertaining as listening to me and my co-workers discuss our jobs. 

Like long ball larry said, hes  :moneybag:  when the guest and topic is/are interesting 

the only comedian I listen to when he's on is Bill Burr. The rest I skip
Funny you say that, I became a giant Bill Burr fan after listening to him on Rogan. 

I was hardcore! I listened to Bill for years, then just recently I stopped cold turkey the moment I heard him say he gave his dog, Cleo. I'm not a PETA guy or anything but I just can't get down with giving up a pet like that.  

Funny you say that, I became a giant Bill Burr fan after listening to him on Rogan. 

I was hardcore! I listened to Bill for years, then just recently I stopped cold turkey the moment I heard him say he gave his dog, Cleo. I'm not a PETA guy or anything but I just can't get down with giving up a pet like that.  
I'm a dog guy but its not like he gave his dog a hot shot.

Seriously?

It was the best for the dog, too. Why put that dog in a situation where it might be unsure what to do about a baby? 

This isn't some dog that was raised with the kid, it was a rescue dog that was abused. 

Good move by Bill

Seriously?

It was the best for the dog, too. Why put that dog in a situation where it might be unsure what to do about a baby? 

This isn't some dog that was raised with the kid, it was a rescue dog that was abused. 

Good move by Bill
I'm not outraged.  I just don't understand how you can take a dog in and let her sleep next to you for eight years and then give her up during what will likely be her last couple of years. 

When he took the dog in he took the responsibility of the dog for life.  That's what happens when you get a dog.  You don't get rid of it because it's not convenient or doesn't fit into your plans.

I don't want to hijack the topic completely.  Given all the integrity soapbox #### Bill talks it seemed un characteristic of him. 

i'm not a giant fan of his ####y wife either and she's been more prevalent.

Users who are viewing this thread