What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Legion (1 Viewer)

I quit, this past ep. It helped that the Celts/Cavs game was still on, but i had committed to watch, then they started makin #### up with no basis again&again, so i went back to the bounceybounce. Thought about it later - the only reason i stayed this long was Noah Hawley and he aint got it even close to right, psychologically nor dramatically, here so i aint goin back.
I agree. I've watched other strange or odd shows like Twin Peaks, XFiles, etc. and found as long as they advanced the story somewhat each episode, I stuck with them. Each episode of this just seems to spin its wheels and not advance the plot much, if at all.

Have you ever dated a hot girl  (or dude, whatever) you looked forward to the first date for weeks,  then at first things are cool, then around a month in you're wondering what you got yourself into?  This is like that. 

Through the first 3 episodes, I was enjoying the show. 

The fourth?  Maybe I just wasn't in the right mood or focus but it was confusing and weird.  

I'm not ready to break it off, the temporary rewards seem worth it (maybe, probably not) but this isn't a long term relationship.

I agree. I've watched other strange or odd shows like Twin Peaks, XFiles, etc. and found as long as they advanced the story somewhat each episode, I stuck with them. Each episode of this just seems to spin its wheels and not advance the plot much, if at all.
difference here is that this is actually going somewhere, and there is plenty of source material to back that up. the other shows mentioned seemed like they started with a good premise and didn't know where to go

difference here is that this is actually going somewhere, and there is plenty of source material to back that up. the other shows mentioned seemed like they started with a good premise and didn't know where to go
It is all well and good to have a destination in mind and loads of source material to guide them. But, this show hasn’t given us more onsight into who David is since Episode 1.

It is all well and good to have a destination in mind and loads of source material to guide them. But, this show hasn’t given us more onsight into who David is since Episode 1.
yeah, can't really argue with that. It i hard for me to say since i know the character somewhat good, but i am sure that a lot of what is on makes sense to me and none at all to a lot. Especially this latest story with David climbing the chain into the one room, etc. 

My suggestion is if people are that frustrated with it, is to DVR a bit and watch when it gets near the end of the season. My guess is they will reveal a ton before the season ends and all of this stuff will make more sense, which will be refreshing. so just binge watch at that point, and the show should be better. 

I listen to some podcast and people have talked about being fatigued from the whole "is it real or not" with Mr. Robot and some other recent shows. Difference here though is that this is a good story that explains all of it, and that there is source material to back-up that it won't just be a troll of the audience. 

Watched almost the entire first episode before I realized it was an x-men.  Out, I hate x-men. 
hmmmm, maybe keep watching.........

ETA: i have no idea what the show will do or what direction it will go, but if you aren't a fan of the X-Men, this has the option of not taking the normal X-Men trajectory like a Scott Summers  :nerd:

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah, can't really argue with that. It i hard for me to say since i know the character somewhat good, but i am sure that a lot of what is on makes sense to me and none at all to a lot. Especially this latest story with David climbing the chain into the one room, etc. 

My suggestion is if people are that frustrated with it, is to DVR a bit and watch when it gets near the end of the season. My guess is they will reveal a ton before the season ends and all of this stuff will make more sense, which will be refreshing. so just binge watch at that point, and the show should be better. 

I listen to some podcast and people have talked about being fatigued from the whole "is it real or not" with Mr. Robot and some other recent shows. Difference here though is that this is a good story that explains all of it, and that there is source material to back-up that it won't just be a troll of the audience. 
I also watch the show on a channel that has commercials. Not sure if it does on the originating network. But, I find having to fast forward through the commercials takes away from my enjoyment of the show. I'm used to doing it for shows on NBC,Fox, etc. But those have been shot and edited to accommodate commercial breaks. Legion feels like the breaks have been crammed in and don't feel like they should be there. 

Not sure why... maybe because he's finding his powers, but that one slipped for me. I actually like "real" "not real" study- if it's done well. So far, this is done well... But like Tony, not interested in xmen

latest episode has my head spinning a bit, but there are only a few shows these days that as soon as it ends  i immediately want more. i have faith the show will explain a lot of this before season 1 ends, key to this show is sit back and enjoy the ride. feel free to hate if they burn us with no answers by season end, but give them a chance first

That last episode could have been directed by Dario Argento.  Related note: My wife has officially bailed on the show after watching 20 minutes. 

modogg said:
latest episode has my head spinning a bit, but there are only a few shows these days that as soon as it ends  i immediately want more. i have faith the show will explain a lot of this before season 1 ends, key to this show is sit back and enjoy the ride. feel free to hate if they burn us with no answers by season end, but give them a chance first
I guess I feel like it's explaining things as it progresses... dropping answers to random things throughout. but how much explaining do super-powers need, ultimately? that's why my expectations are lower- like I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop once the plot just gets into more super-powery comic book xmen stuff.

So what do you guys think? Was the whole first 5 episodes in David's (or maybe Syd's) head and the reality is they are all in the Clockworks facility? Or was that just another astral plane David put them in?

Big fan of the Cary/Kerry character.

I guess I feel like it's explaining things as it progresses... dropping answers to random things throughout. but how much explaining do super-powers need, ultimately? that's why my expectations are lower- like I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop once the plot just gets into more super-powery comic book xmen stuff.
i will say for Legion, his powers (if it is like in the comic book) are harder to explain. Somewhat like the Scarlet Witch ( :nerd: ), but his powers are not as simple as most of the X-Men characters

So what do you guys think? Was the whole first 5 episodes in David's (or maybe Syd's) head and the reality is they are all in the Clockworks facility? Or was that just another astral plane David put them in?

Big fan of the Cary/Kerry character.
what confused me a bit in this episode was the changes in characters. David i get, but Syd had a bit of a change too, and so did Autonomy and the head lady. I guess she could be distracted by her husband's news and that kind of threw her off, but it did seem prevalent in the episode and i wonder if it is a result of something else effecting everybody

This show is pissing me off.  I like the style and appreciate the fact that it's unlike most other shows of its genre, but the whole real/not real, messed up hero bit is wearing thin on me.  I like the suggestion earlier to binge the show, I caught up on 3 episodes today and the show seemed to "fit" better than just watching one episode at a time.

And blondie is getting hotter and hotter each episode. 

So Walter (the guy they call The Eye) disguised himself as the telekinetic guy who ended up firing the bullets that caused Syd to throw herself in front of David, right? That's how Walter ended up in the fake Summerland instead of the telekinetic guy.

David met Oliver in the astral plane, away from Lenny/Yellow-Eyed devil guy, which is why Oliver is out of reach of Lenny, and Oliver is helping to shepherd everyone out of David's mind. 

I think. I actually can't believe I wrote those sentences.

So Walter (the guy they call The Eye) disguised himself as the telekinetic guy who ended up firing the bullets that caused Syd to throw herself in front of David, right? That's how Walter ended up in the fake Summerland instead of the telekinetic guy.

David met Oliver in the astral plane, away from Lenny/Yellow-Eyed devil guy, which is why Oliver is out of reach of Lenny, and Oliver is helping to shepherd everyone out of David's mind. 

I think. I actually can't believe I wrote those sentences.
You missed the part where they devoted an entire episode around it and it's still not resolved.

man, can't think of another show (with-in the last year, maybe 2) outside of Game of Thrones that as soon as it ends i can't wait for the next one. next week i think will begin to unravel more and more. i'm betting we won't learn who David's bio-parents are until next season, but man this show is good

Last edited by a moderator:
episodes almost always leave more questions though. I'm watching it again, and trying to figure out what the deal is with his sister this episode. Why is she acting as nasty as she is the whole time? i know the environment is manipulated by "parasite" but would love to know the purpose why she is portrayed so nasty?

Jermaine clement was absolutely amazing in that episode and I can't get over that 10 minute black and white sequence where everything came together. The music, the silent movie aspect, Aubrey Plaza...great stuff

yeah, curious if anyone bailed on the show, if they could come back and see this episode if they would be right back in

I'll admit, I got partway through the previous episode and bailed. Friend told me to watch that and this last one together... good decision. 

I wish there was more excitement for this show. I wonder if it is one of those that needs a nitch audience to like it. I remember when they first talked about Walking Dead being made into a TV show and almost everyone thought it would be bomb cause only horror film fans would watch a show about zombies.

Maybe that is FX's thing though. They know the products will speak for themselves given time, so they don't need to go all in promoting the crap out of it

I wish there was more excitement for this show. I wonder if it is one of those that needs a nitch audience to like it. I remember when they first talked about Walking Dead being made into a TV show and almost everyone thought it would be bomb cause only horror film fans would watch a show about zombies.

Maybe that is FX's thing though. They know the products will speak for themselves given time, so they don't need to go all in promoting the crap out of it
For me, it was hard to get into when I felt that I had no clue what was going on.  I guessed and wondered what was real and what was in his head, but it wasn't until the last episode until alot of things started falling in place.  I'm sure the lack of excitement is from the casual viewers not knowing/finding context in the storyline to stay interested.  Cool visual effects, but hard to follow.  

From a marketing standpoint, I think FX wanted to drive viewers to the show by telling less about the premise.  The show was prompted out there, but it was mainly the show's name/logo and the Xmen logo (circle around the X).  Not sure, but that's my guess.

So I watched the first two episodes, find it interesting, but feel like I have no clue what is going on.  Admittedly I haven't paid 100% attention while watching since my wife thinks once her show goes off and mine goes on that it is time to discuss home improvement ideas.

Should I re-watch undistracted or just continue on?

So I watched the first two episodes, find it interesting, but feel like I have no clue what is going on.  Admittedly I haven't paid 100% attention while watching since my wife thinks once her show goes off and mine goes on that it is time to discuss home improvement ideas.

Should I re-watch undistracted or just continue on?
Nobody knows what's going on until last episode finally 

Users who are viewing this thread