What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What time do you retire to the bedroom? (1 Viewer)

Summer

Votes: 1 0.9%

Votes: 10 9.0%

Votes: 31 27.9%

Votes: 38 34.2%
  • 12+

Votes: 31 27.9%

• Total voters

avoiding injuries

Footballguy
With it getting dark before 5 in the winter, I find myself going upstairs between 8-9. Not to fall asleep, but there just isn't much else to do. 

In the Summer, it gets dark after 9 in the middle of June and I'm usually outside doing stuff until then and even after. It's so crazy how much more productive I am during the warmer, longer days. 

I do have two young kids (6, 2) so that is a factor, but I'm curious who else is similar. Oh, and I thought a non-political topic would be nice. ?

We usually finish dinner and chores by 8. Start rotating kids to bed at 8, 9, 9:30. Watch some tv and talk to the teens or wait for teens to come home from work, go to bed around 11. 

2ish

I went to bed last night at 10 because I had to get up at 3, but I go to bed before midnight a dozen times a year and it's only for work ops. 

We usually finish dinner and chores by 8. Start rotating kids to bed at 8, 9, 9:30. Watch some tv and talk to the teens or wait for teens to come home from work, go to bed around 11. 
I'm looking forward to the last part you mention and just hanging with older kids. For now, it's baths at 7 and bedtime at 8 and 830-9. 

We don't keep a tv in our room, so when I go in, it's to sleep. I get up at 5:30, so I do try to get in there about 9:30, unless a sporting event I am watching is on. 

Summer, it's late. Winter it's usually 8 (during the week). I have to get up early for work so 8-10 is Internet/book/ tv time.

10:30 - 11:00 during the week.  Gives the wife a chance to fall asleep before I go to bed because I am sleeping and snoring as soon as my head hits the pillow. Have to get up for work at 5:45. Weekends it is usually between 10:30 and 11:30 because I am still up by 6 every morning even with no alarm.  It sucks getting old.

9pm.. read for 30 to 45 minutes no matter the season. Of course getting up at 5:15am has a LOT to do with that. :coffee:

I get up at 3:30 or 4:00 at least once a week for a mid-distance run before work.  The other days, I'm up at 4:45 or so for something shorter.  So yeah I am in bed early.

I go to bed at different times throughout the week. I do get up at the same time though (650 AM)

SUN - 1000/1030

MON - 1200 (I work until 1000)

TUE - 1100/1130

WED - 1100/1130

THU - 1200 (I work until 1000)

FRI - 1230/100

SAT - 1230/100

Regardless of the time of year, I usually fall asleep in my recliner sometime around 10:30 or 11:00 - wake up around 1:00 am cursing myself for falling asleep in the chair again then go to bed.  Wake up at 5:30 am, go to work until around 5:30 or 6:00, then wash - rinse - repeat until someday I die.

Last edited by a moderator:
I usually sup around 6 or 6:30....take drinks and cigars in the library around 8:00 and then retire to my bed chambers about 10:00. 

Week nights around 11:00.  Weekends anywhere from 12:00 to 2:00 doesn't matter if it's winter or summer.  

you do baths every night? just curious. 
Me, I make appearances during bath times. Usually with a cold cup of water. Wife...depending on activities the older might get a night or sometimes two off a week. The 2yo almost every night unless we are out and she falls asleep. 

Sometimes you may notice me posting at 3 or 4 in the morning. That's because I likely fell asleep at 9 and I'm now awake. I'll post a bit until my mind stops racing with everything going on and then I try to fall back asleep for a few hours. 

Im only awake now bc I bought new headphones and I'm listening to music while searching ideas for my next tattoos. 

I'm looking forward to the last part you mention and just hanging with older kids. For now, it's baths at 7 and bedtime at 8 and 830-9. 
It's pretty cool. They don't get chatty til 10-11 then I have to stay up and listen and be attentive. It's all great until the babies are up at 7. 

Exhausted wife goes to bed at 8 - 11

Exhausted wife roughs it out til 9 - depends what's on

Not exhausted wife goes to bed at anytime - that time

I go to bed at different times throughout the week. I do get up at the same time though (650 AM)

SUN - 1000/1030

MON - 1200 (I work until 1000)

TUE - 1100/1130

WED - 1100/1130

THU - 1200 (I work until 1000)

FRI - 1230/100

SAT - 1230/100
Yeah, you are leaving out all the famous Moopsnaps™

I feel this storm coming in with the BP crashing, and my back and shoulders are hurting.   No much sleep tonight unfortunately.   Gonna retire to the study now to do some research.

Used to be 11 or 12 regardless of season. Now, I get up at 4:30 every morning 7 days a week, so in the winter, it can be sometimes as early as 7:30 or 8:00. Always before 10.

During the summer, it's closer to 10:30 or 11, but that often includes a late afternoon nap. 

Part of it is that cooking dinner is what I do for fun (after cooking all day, I have no idea why), which means there is quite a bit of beer being imbibed during the process. 6 or so IPA's swilled from 5-7 means this old fart ain't got much left in the tank at that point.

I've never had a set routine but I will say that the last 6-8 months I've made a more concentrated effort to get more sleep.  I used to average 5-6 per night most weeks and now I'm averaging 7-8.

No real difference between summer or winter. We usually go to bed together around 10-11pm during the week. I'll stay up a little later on Fri & Sat although not as much lately.

Put the youngest two to bed between 8 and 9, I head to bed right after.  I'm usually asleep before they are.  Wife stays up until midnight or so. I'll get up around 5 and head to work. 

I've been sleeping like crap for the past 6 months or so, finally did a sleep study last night. 

Users who are viewing this thread