What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trade Offer Where I get A Brown...??? (1 Viewer)

jwsbowler

Footballguy
Dynasty league, PPR start 1-1-2-1-2 Flex-1-1.  Current roster:

QB - Brees, Bortles, Dalton
RB - Gurley, D Murray, Henry, Langford, R Matthews, Collins (TS), Burkhead
WR - Crowder, Dorsett, R Matthews, Perriman, Snead, Thielen, Treadwell, B Miller
TE - Reed, Graham, Gresham, Walford, Witten, Wick (TS)
D/K - San Diego, Bailey, Prater

All 4 rookie picks: 1.7, 2.8, 3.8, 4.8 (we give a 1.13 pick to our "toilet winner")

Got this offer:  Give Gurley, Treadwell, 1.7...  get back A Brown, A Boldin.  So, excluding Boldin, would you give the 3 for Brown?  I would counter by switching out the Boldin for both of his 3rds... or his 2nd and a 3rd (he has pick 1.8, 2.9, 3.9, 3.10, 4.9).  I am a bit weak all over the place, but did make the playoffs at 8-5.  I would like to counter with Brown, his 2.9 and 3.10.  

I don't mind the idea of giving up the younger RB Gurley and take a more win now approach and getting Brown but I think you are giving up a little too much here.  I don't see a huge separation in the values of Gurley and Brown in a dynasty startup.  I think kicking in Treadwell and 1.07 is just more than I would be comfortable paying.

I would want some sort of young throw in as you still need to build. Honestly gurley is awesome but the rams stink, treadwell is a ?? at this point, 1.07 is tier 2 pick. I'd say it's probably pretty fair, and it may even look like a real steal a year from now, but you don't have the roster to flip 3 for 1. If you can get someone who may not retire or a pick so you get some young fliers then sure. You insulate yourself from losing all the gurley value if he has another stinker this year.

Thanks to both of you.  This was my gut reaction also, a bit too much.  I could counter with both players and my 2.9?  Or as I was thinking, get his 2nd and 3rd?  

Potential counters (?):  

Gurley, Treadwell, 2.8 for Brown...   this would allow me to keep the 1.7 for a shot at a back...  this seems more do-able.  he really doesn't have much in youth
Gurley, Treadwell, 1.7 for Brown, 2.9, 3.9... 

OR...  try adding Witten for Rudolph in either deal and try to upgrade the TE spot???   TEs are 1.25 PPR, slight upgrade and maybe give me an option to flip Reed or Graham for something???

I would think that he is going to want to keep that 1.7 as part of the deal.  I think it's going to take Gurley and 1.7 to get a deal done.  I think then it depends on how high you remain on Treadwell as far as what to do.  Do you remove Treadwell?  Do you include Treadwell but get something better back as far as a veteran player or pick?  I just feel like you should get something better than Boldin for losing Treadwell as well.  I'm actually not that high on Treadwell so I would be looking at either getting a player better than Boldin coming back your way or at least a decent pick.

I don't think Treadwell has much value at this point.  If losing him gets this deal done I think I end up doing it.  I agree that it is a little bit too much but not so much I walk away (mainly because I don't put much value in Treadwell).

I like the idea of trying to pick up a player that has more value than Boldin.  That would be my first counter. 

I think Gally and I are on the same page here.  I would just work for a better player than Boldin to complete a deal.

would the 2nd and 3rd as I thought be better than Boldin?  In my opinion, yes...  He really has no other piece I am interested in.  I tried Witten for Rudolph swap (ugrade) that he turned down flat.  

would the 2nd and 3rd as I thought be better than Boldin?  In my opinion, yes...  He really has no other piece I am interested in.  I tried Witten for Rudolph swap (ugrade) that he turned down flat.  
It really depends on your view of Treadwell.  He has potential but hasn't shown anything.  Like I said earlier, I am not very high on him so I would probably move him for that but if you see the light at the end of the tunnel for him he might not be worth it.  I would do it because I don't think he will have much value the next year or two at least.  

Users who are viewing this thread