What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Lego Batman Movie (1 Viewer)

I am going tomorrow.  The reviews are excellent so far.

Rotten Tomatoes is at 95% now after 92 reviews have been submitted.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you your son loved the first Lego movie, you'll your son will want to see this in IMAX 3D if it's available in your area.

Just one man's opinion:

(CNN)"The Lego Batman Movie" is OK, but more than its wildly successful predecessor, well short of awesome. Beginning and finishing with considerable cleverness and energy, the project sags in the middle, as sustaining such a high level of goofiness is a building job this Dark Knight can't fully master.

Tickets purchased for Saturday night. My 10 year old daughter has been awaiting this since the first time she saw the preview.

My son has 4 lego sets from the movie (Batcave, Joker Lowrider, Batmobile, and Mr Feeze set) and 11 of the 20 minifigure series

My 6 yo son has probably mentioned this every other day for at least a year.  I think we saw the first trailer for it over a year ago before Star Wars. 

He might not be able to sleep tonight. 

Payne said:
Tickets purchased for Saturday night. My 10 year old daughter has been awaiting this since the first time she saw the preview.
Is it a theater with assigned seats? Best upgrade to the theater since buttered popcorn! 

So, it's a movie about Batman if Batman were made from legos, but the characters in the movie aren't actually made from legos because they're animated. Is that right?

shadyridr said:
My son has 4 lego sets from the movie (Batcave, Joker Lowrider, Batmobile, and Mr Feeze set) and 11 of the 20 minifigure series
Joker Lowrider is money....although I think the Riddler car gives you the best(most different) minifigures.

Can't wait for it.  The original LEGO Movie might have been the best family movie that year.  As a big Batman fan...this looks like a homage or nod to the comics, shows, movies, video games like every couple of minutes.  

The commercials for this are just fantastic. Looking forward to it. Might be the best batman movie since 1989. 

The few commercials I've seen make it look pretty stupid. But that's how I felt before the first one, and I thought it was awesome. Now I'm worried I'll go into this one with my expectations too high. 

The commercials for this are just fantastic. Looking forward to it. Might be the best batman movie since 1989. 
:lmao:

Maybe I've just seen different commercials. (I tend to stay away from longer previews because I don't want to see too much)

Maybe I've just seen different commercials. (I tend to stay away from longer previews because I don't want to see too much)
There was one scene where batman was looking at the pictures of his parents on the wall  of his mansion and Alfred surprised him from behind to bring him coffee. Batman drop kicked him into the grand piano on accident. Very funny. 

I'm just glad to have a non-dark, ridiculously moody take on the character. Even if it's a cartoon. 

My boys are looking forward to this as well.  Unfortunately the youngest is sick, so we may have to wait until next weekend.   :sadbanana:

We went and saw it. Pretty good. Lot of laughs. Some didn't land but they just kept pouring the jokes on. 

The warner bros integration was odd though. 

The ways the kids are going crazy for this makes you want to buy all the lego sets and store them unopened because in 20 years when they grow up they may go crazy for the memorabilia.

The ways the kids are going crazy for this makes you want to buy all the lego sets and store them unopened because in 20 years when they grow up they may go crazy for the memorabilia.
I built my first set a few months ago with my nephews. Really enjoyed it so looked at buying some others. It is astonishing how much money some of these retired sets are getting. 

We enjoyed it. The humor was just about right, the pacing decent (though the movie felt a touch long), and the story was surprisingly good. 

I was disappointed in the music though. The music in The Lego Movie was great. I enjoyed the first song due to the humor, but I thought the original music was pretty weak.

Took my 11yo last night.  I think it was meant for a younger crowd.  OK but he was underwhelmed.

Saw it with the family today thought it was really good.

Robin: My name is Richard Greyson but the kids in the orphanage call me "****".

Batman: Kids can be cruel.

We went and saw it. Pretty good. Lot of laughs. Some didn't land but they just kept pouring the jokes on. 

The warner bros integration was odd though. 
Opening Sequence Batman Voice Over as the Warner Brothers logo is shown: "Warner brahs".

took the 8 year old today. she loved it. i thought it was good, as well.

to call it frenetic would be an understatement. ADD kids won't even be able to keep up. 100 minutes of hyperactivity but worth it.

It was the stupidest, out of control, corniest movie I've seen in a long, long time. And I friggin loved it. I thought it was hilarious

" Why did you build this thing with only one seat? "
" Uh, cause last time I checked, I only have one butt. "

I laughed as much in the first 10-15 minutes as I did the first 10-15 minutes of Super Troopers. 

Thought it was a touch too long as well and was missing a hit song like "everything is Awesome."

Overall I thought it was great though.  Would like to see it again. 

Ironman Sucks!

I laughed as much in the first 10-15 minutes as I did the first 10-15 minutes of Super Troopers. 

Thought it was a touch too long as well and was missing a hit song like "everything is Awesome."

Overall I thought it was great though.  Would like to see it again. 

Ironman Sucks!
really?

Took my 4y/o daughter to see it on Friday. She seemed to like it and I thought it was pretty good too. Definitely worth watching again.

LEGO just does everything right. Their toys, their movies, their video games. It really is amazing. All their toys are expensive but money well spent IMO. I dont mind spending money on high quality products.

Voldermort's line about the Marley and Me movie was funny.

Overall my family enjoyed it.  Not a top tier movie like the first one for us but certainly had enough chuckles to enjoy.

I don't buy the sets because who wants to build something once and leave it on the shelf? Takes away the creativity. Give me a box of misc. pieces any day. 

Liked the movie but not as much as The LEGO Movie. 

Disney's greatest attribute in recent years is staying out of the way of the companies they acquire and let the folks at Pixar, Marvel, Lucas Films etc do what they do best.
Probably only a matter of time before you can add Lego to that list, right?

Users who are viewing this thread