What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tight End Conundrum (1 Viewer)

starks

Footballguy
Half Point PPR....I can keep two between Greg Olson, Tyler Eifert and Cameron Brate. 

I am trying to field offers and I am by far best team in league. Our keeper cut date is fast approaching and the market is suggesting I can get a late first for Eifert, early to mid second for Olsen and a third for Brate. 

My gut says get what I can for Olsen with his age and Cam's struggles to pass but would be happy to keep any two of these guys. 

Leave a link and I would be happy to help out. 

Last edited by a moderator:
PPR or straight scoring???  Olson is getting older, but is still a top 5.  Not sure on Eifert's injury, but he's top 5 and slightly ahead of Olson in dynasty rankings.  Tough choice here.  I think Olson for an early 2nd might be where I go, just on age.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I try to move Olsen and see what you can get.... or Brate, but he isn't fetching much right now.....but if you kept Olsen, Eifart in the end......

I would probably move Eifert for the first rounder.  He has never come close to playing a full season and has had some serious injuries.  Olsen has another year or two in him for sure and Brate  is a nice backup that has more value as a backup than the pick you can get for him.   

I see the three as interchangeable, so I take the 1st. Olsen is older but has a couple years left, look at guys like gates/tonyg/witten, they are able to play into their 30s at a reasonably good level.  Brate looked like a solid young te on the rise, posting TD numbers like eifert the 2nd half of the season. 

I keep Brate and trade the other 2, tight ends pop up all the time on waivers (like Brate), maybe try to buy low on a guy like Hooper or something.

Assuming those values I keep Olsen and Brate.  As a top contender I see Olsen as the most valuable for you.  I'm not sold on Brate (big year based on high TD production) but if I can only get a 3rd round pick I would keep him and sell Eifert for a first round pick.  

In reality, "the market" is meaningless. Throw them out there and evaluate the real offers. No point in trying to evaluate hypotheticals. 

Users who are viewing this thread