What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rate my Dynasty Rebuild (1 Viewer)

dmac37

Footballguy
This was this past season during the year but I hope these are the kind of moves that can turn a dynasty around. After injuries and bad luck I realized that it was not going to happen so I decided to make moves to blow up 2016 and improve draft picks while building for the future. Ended up with the the 1.1 so hoping that Fournette or Cook land in a good spot.

I may still need to make a move for a RB, see what happens with AD and Lacy.

gave

L. Fitz & Witten

got

K. Allen & J. Williams

gave

J Stew

got

Funchess, C Thompson, round 3 pick

Dez & T Sharpe

got

Watkins, Lacy, Collins

My roster now:

Glennon, Mike TBB QB

Manning, Eli NYG QB

Rodgers, Aaron GBP QB

Collins, Alex SEA RB (R)

Ellington, Andre ARI RB

Ervin, Tyler HOU RB (R) (Q)

Lacy, Eddie GBP RB (Q)

Peterson, Adrian MIN RB (Q)

Thompson, Chris WAS RB

Williams, Jonathan BUF RB (R)

Zenner, Zach DET RB

Allen, Keenan SDC WR (Q)

Beckham, Odell NYG WR

Edelman, Julian NEP WR

Funchess, Devin CAR WR

Lee, Marqise JAC WR

Miller, Braxton HOU WR (R)

Perriman, Breshad BAL WR

Thomas, Michael NOS WR (R)

Watkins, Sammy BUF WR (Q)

Eifert, Tyler CIN TE (Q)

Fiedorowicz, C.J. HOU TE

Higbee, Tyler RAM TE (R)

Seahawks, Seattle SEA Def

What are your starting requirements? Really deep, solid WRs....RBs not so much....even in if you get LF....maybe move perriman to a believer or move Lee....

Not bad so far, but I would look to move a lot more pieces still. With a little luck this team could contend next year, but if you do it right and rebuild even further you could be dominate for 5 years starting in 2018. I would move these guys now Peterson, Edelman, Eli, and Perriman. I would move Allen in season after a big game or 2, and Lacy either after he signs some where that looks promising or if he starts well next year.

This was this past season during the year but I hope these are the kind of moves that can turn a dynasty around. After injuries and bad luck I realized that it was not going to happen so I decided to make moves to blow up 2016 and improve draft picks while building for the future. Ended up with the the 1.1 so hoping that Fournette or Cook land in a good spot.

I may still need to make a move for a RB, see what happens with AD and Lacy.

gave

L. Fitz & Witten

got

K. Allen & J. Williams

gave

J Stew

got

Funchess, C Thompson, round 3 pick

Dez & T Sharpe

got

Watkins, Lacy, Collins

My roster now:

Glennon, Mike TBB QB

Manning, Eli NYG QB

Rodgers, Aaron GBP QB

Collins, Alex SEA RB (R)

Ellington, Andre ARI RB

Ervin, Tyler HOU RB (R) (Q)

Lacy, Eddie GBP RB (Q)

Peterson, Adrian MIN RB (Q)

Thompson, Chris WAS RB

Williams, Jonathan BUF RB (R)

Zenner, Zach DET RB

Allen, Keenan SDC WR (Q)

Beckham, Odell NYG WR

Edelman, Julian NEP WR

Funchess, Devin CAR WR

Lee, Marqise JAC WR

Miller, Braxton HOU WR (R)

Perriman, Breshad BAL WR

Thomas, Michael NOS WR (R)

Watkins, Sammy BUF WR (Q)

Eifert, Tyler CIN TE (Q)

Fiedorowicz, C.J. HOU TE

Higbee, Tyler RAM TE (R)

Seahawks, Seattle SEA Def
With names like Aaron Rodgers, Odell Beckham, etc - I wouldn't use the term rebuild.  You gave up on the season, which may have been warranted given your record and the point in the season you made that call.  So, tank job complete!  You have the #1 pick.

Essentially, you moved older assets for youth:

#1 gave L. Fitz & Witten got K. Allen & J. Williams

Good trade for you.  Obviously Allen is the much younger WR.  Big win if he stays healthy.  Jonathan Williams is a nice depth piece.

#2 gave J Stew got Funchess, C Thompson, round 3 pick

Not a huge Funchess fan but an OK return for Stewart.  Although Stewart is younger than you would think.  Seems like he has been around forever.  Got to make the 3rd rounder count.

#3 gave Dez & T Sharpe got Watkins, Lacy, Collins

Not a big fan of Lacy and Watkins hasn't stayed on the field.  You may do OK with this one but moving Dez would have been tough for me as you have the parts to win now, despite the bad luck of last season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the input guys. Yes, once I realized I was out of playoff contention I traded off active players for younger IR players for the future and to help push for the 1.1. If I hit with Fournette or Cook being an RB1 out of the gate then I think I'm ready to win immediately, just need to be able to plug in a 2nd RB for minimal points throughout the year with the rest of my roster being strong. Need to keep a deep stash of RB's on my roster and work the waiver wire as injuries will produce fantasy RB's out of nowhere as they do every year.

Still looking to see about trading one or a combo of Allen, Edelman, and 2.1 for a starting RB. Looking at the rosters and lack of RB's right now, I may be better off hoping a RB falls to 2.1 as very few teams can afford to give up a starting RB.

As far as moving AD and Edelman I will consider this but don't think I will get what they are worth to me for a few years, maybe Edelman's late season surge will bump his value for a team ready to win now.

Trade #1 was a good move for you.  Getting younger with a possible stud in Allen.  

Trade #2 made little sense to me based on your roster.  You need RB's and Stewart is a solid guy to own and you don't need Funchess.  The 3rd rounder is blah as it's just a shot in the dark.  I would have kept Stewart.      

Trade #3 is a gamble.  I think you sold a little low on Dez but not terrible if you have faith in Watkins to have the 2nd surgery work and Lacy to get back to form.  If the gamble hits it is a nice move.  If not, you lost a top 15 WR for nothing. 

I loved the first trade.  The other two were meh for me.  Not great, not terrible.  

So, what to do in 2017?  This team is still muddling along in my books.  You have a few young pieces now but are still stuck with some old dudes and under performers.  In my mind you either just draft BPA with your picks and go into the season hoping Eddie Lacy and AP can rebound and you can compete or you need to continue to sell.  The ugly thing about selling is that Lacy and AP are about rock bottom in value at this point.  Edelman is also a sell in a rebuild but isn't going to be worth much.  

So, the reality is that if one of Lacy or AP can give you a good year and the rookie 1.01 proves to be good you can really be a contender if everyone stays healthy.  The bad news is AP and Edelman are fast approaching the end of their effective years.  I would just draft BPA is my draft and enter the season with the mindset of having a good chance in 2017.  If the wheels fall off early then you trade AP, Edelman, Lacy and maybe even Rodgers and retool.  The bad side of this is that you may get a little less for Rodgers as his value may be as high as it will ever be as he gets older.  I might test the water a bit to see if someone wanted to pay a nice premium to add him now.  I would also test the waters on selling AP, Edelman and Lacy to see what the market looks like but I have a feeling they net you nothing more that 2nd round at best picks or 3rd round picks.  We all know this is the worst time period for trading aging vets.

Trade #1 was a good move for you.  Getting younger with a possible stud in Allen.  

Trade #2 made little sense to me based on your roster.  You need RB's and Stewart is a solid guy to own and you don't need Funchess.  The 3rd rounder is blah as it's just a shot in the dark.  I would have kept Stewart.      

Trade #3 is a gamble.  I think you sold a little low on Dez but not terrible if you have faith in Watkins to have the 2nd surgery work and Lacy to get back to form.  If the gamble hits it is a nice move.  If not, you lost a top 15 WR for nothing. 
Trade 2- back when he was young I had Stewart as the #2 talented RB after AD but in Carolina it never really surfaced for FF. Between lack of production, injuries and wanting to remove players that I thought could produce in 2016 (aka hurt draft spot) and not help much in 2017+ I decided it was best to get something for him.

Trade 3- IMO and taking the average of dynasty rankings, Dez and Watkins are a toss up in dynasty value right now and "if" Watkins comes back healthy he holds more dynasty value right away and a lot more long term obviously. Lacy gives me a decent shot for an RB2 in 2017+ and worth the gamble. Once again, I really think by removing 4 active producing players- Dez, Fitz, Stewart, Witten for 3 players not active at the time Watkins, Allen, and Lacy also assured me one of the most valuable pieces- the 1.1 pick.

We all know that quite often the best team does not win in the fantasy playoffs, as long as you have some studs and some depth you have a good chance to win in the end.

I loved the first trade.  The other two were meh for me.  Not great, not terrible.  

So, what to do in 2017?  This team is still muddling along in my books.  You have a few young pieces now but are still stuck with some old dudes and under performers.  In my mind you either just draft BPA with your picks and go into the season hoping Eddie Lacy and AP can rebound and you can compete or you need to continue to sell.  The ugly thing about selling is that Lacy and AP are about rock bottom in value at this point.  Edelman is also a sell in a rebuild but isn't going to be worth much.  

So, the reality is that if one of Lacy or AP can give you a good year and the rookie 1.01 proves to be good you can really be a contender if everyone stays healthy.  The bad news is AP and Edelman are fast approaching the end of their effective years.  I would just draft BPA is my draft and enter the season with the mindset of having a good chance in 2017.  If the wheels fall off early then you trade AP, Edelman, Lacy and maybe even Rodgers and retool.  The bad side of this is that you may get a little less for Rodgers as his value may be as high as it will ever be as he gets older.  I might test the water a bit to see if someone wanted to pay a nice premium to add him now.  I would also test the waters on selling AP, Edelman and Lacy to see what the market looks like but I have a feeling they net you nothing more that 2nd round at best picks or 3rd round picks.  We all know this is the worst time period for trading aging vets.
I agree with most of what you are saying. For now I'm not bothering to try and move AD or Lacy as their value is low and could be worth a lot for me if one of them steps up as an RB2. With Edelman surging in the playoffs for everyone to see and me being deep at WR, I have placed him on the trade block. I have also listed Allen on the block as it looks like many have him rated quite high.

As far as Rodgers, this league does not value QB's too much so I think I'm just best riding him out and he should have 5+ years of quality production left.

Users who are viewing this thread