What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NCAA Seeding Committee (1 Viewer)

East
No. 1 Villanova (1)
No. 2 Louisville (7)
No. 3 Kentucky (12)
No. 4 UCLA (15)

West
No. 1 Gonzaga (4)
No. 2 Oregon (8)
No. 3 Virginia (10)
No. 5 West Virginia (14)

Midwest
No. 1 Kansas (2)
No. 2 Florida State (6)
No. 3 Arizona (9)
No. 4 Duke (16)

South 
No. 1 Baylor (3)
No. 2 North Carolina (5)
No. 3 Florida (11)
No. 4 Butler (13)

as someone who is totally out the hoop loop 'til tourney time, can someone please to explain what this seeding is in aid of?

thanks, i'll hang up and listen  :popcorn:

Laying out the seeds early is dumb. The fun of the selection show was the surprises. Not a fan of this idea.

Laying out the seeds early is dumb. The fun of the selection show was the surprises. Not a fan of this idea.
They did a great job laying out why some teams have to go out west and why others get to stay local. It was very informative. 

A crapton will change over the next 5 weeks.  So many games left to play
Yep. 

Relax, y'all. This is all to drum up interest and debate. I think it's silly (same with the early football polls), but it's harmless and got a thread started here so.......

Good point by Seth Greenburg that the Big 10 teams that think they're on the bubble can't be happy that no Big 10 team was in the Top 16. Shows the committee isn't impressed with that league at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Think they got tired of Lunardi getting all the coverage/hype/money for the early brackets.  They should put up a bubble watch list as well. 

I just don't see North Carolina as a 2 seed and #5 overall .....

.....right now. Am I the only one that thinks they are too high?  They are definitely getting the benefit of the doubt and history is being factored in too much. 

I just don't see North Carolina as a 2 seed and #5 overall .....

.....right now. Am I the only one that thinks they are too high?  They are definitely getting the benefit of the doubt and history is being factored in too much. 
Probably, but they have a lot of games coming up that will swing them one way or the other.

Probably, but they have a lot of games coming up that will swing them one way or the other.
Hopefully it keeps them around where they are right now. I'll look like a genius when I pick them to lose in the 2nd or 3rd round. ?

They're size can be hard to overcome and create some mismatches however. I guess it all depends on the bracket they are in. 

Hopefully it keeps them around where they are right now. I'll look like a genius when I pick them to lose in the 2nd or 3rd round. ?

They're size can be hard to overcome and create some mismatches however. I guess it all depends on the bracket they are in. 
They have so many flaws I think even their x factor won't be enough to carry them past decent opposition on their A game. 

Theo Pinson has missed several games but they are much better when he plays. 

Ditkaless Wonders said:
#7 in the A.P. poll and #5 in the Coaches poll, but not in the Committee's top 16.
Big Ten completely shut out of the top 4 seeds, probably deservedly so, but it would make for an interesting bracket where Wisconsin or Purdue is a 5 seed.

Big Ten completely shut out of the top 4 seeds, probably deservedly so, but it would make for an interesting bracket where Wisconsin or Purdue is a 5 seed.
No power-conference team wants to face either UW or Purdue as an underseeded 5 in the second round (they wouldn't want to face them at anytime, but my point holds). But, there's gonna be a log-jam for seeds and I could see a 7 or a 10 making a deep run.

I think either of those you mentioned could be a FF team.

Users who are viewing this thread