What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Just acquired Howard as RB2...trade him? (1 Viewer)

OldTomMesko

Footballguy
12 team IDP PPR dynasty. QB, 2RB, 2WR, FLEX. So I recently acquired Howard in a blockbuster trade from a recent post on here...

RBs: Gurley, Howard, Powell, Booker, Karlos, Christine Michael. WRs: Hilton, Crabtree, Enunwa, DGB, Desean, Britt, Woods, Butler. 

One owner basically threw the kitchen sink at me and offered JStew, Coates, Ginn, Lockett, Meredith, Eli Rogers, 2.03 and a 2019 2nd. 

Dynastyfftools doesn't think this is close, and I don't either. Especially since our rosters must be trimmed just before the season starts, and most of the people I would acquire here wouldn't sniff my final roster. It would probably boil down to JStew, Lockett, Meredith, and the picks. 

I'm thinking of countering with Howard for Mark Ingram, Lockett, 2.03, and a 2018 1st. 

Thoughts? 

It is okay, but I hate giving up the best player in a deal for deals like this. If I did this move I would flip Ingram for another 2018 1st or something like that.

You need to focus on WR in the rookie draft. That bunch after T.Y. is mediocre at best. I like your RBs. Powell is underrated and Gurley is young. I keep Howard.

I would just hold onto Howard. Trading a talented player for a bunch of would-be stars never really floated my boat. I have faith that Howard, at the very least this year, will be a solid RB2. I'm not trading him away for a goodie bag of potential. 

I agree with the others.  Much of this is quantity and not quality and I would be quickly declining on these offers.  The offer made is complete garbage but worked in a bit because the counter you were considering isn't enough.  I might just walk away but if I were going to counter I would first ask myself what asset can he offer that I would most want and build from there.  If the best first piece I can get back is Mark Ingram or a 2018 first round pick I'm not very excited to deal.

Wait people think Ingram + 2018 1 + Lockett + 2.3 isn't enough to move Howard? 

Why? Seems like a great haul to me. Ingram=1.5-1.8. 2.3/Lockett=1.9-1.12. 3 firsts for Howard is a massive haul. I doubt you could get it.

Wait people think Ingram + 2018 1 + Lockett + 2.3 isn't enough to move Howard? 

Why? Seems like a great haul to me. Ingram=1.5-1.8. 2.3/Lockett=1.9-1.12. 3 firsts for Howard is a massive haul. I doubt you could get it.
That was what he thought about countering with.  The offer was for James Stewart, Sammie Coates, Ted Ginn, Tyler Lockett, Cam Meredith, Eli Rogers 2.03 and a 2019 2nd.  I believe most of the comments are focused on the offer and not a potential counter offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Warhogs said:
That was what he thought about countering with.  The offer was for James Stewart, Sammie Coates, Ted Ginn, Tyler Lockett, Cam Meredith, Eli Rogers 2.03 and a 2019 2nd.  I believe most of the comments are focused on the offer and not a potential counter offer.
Yea I agree it's trash but a couple folks said I don't like either deal and I'd just hold Howard which implied to me a couple people didn't like the counter. 

Yeah, I'm fine with the counter offer if you can get it. I'd be curious to know if you could actually pull that off. My comment was mainly referring to what was originally offered.

Users who are viewing this thread