What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

AVENGERS: Infinity War Thread. (step aside Star Wars) (1 Viewer)

This originally was a 2-parter correct :oldunsure:

So, now just a 2 1/2 hour theater release.. If so, lots of cut material for the blu-ray or did they cut before filming?

So, now just a 2 1/2 hour theater release.. If so, lots of cut material for the blu-ray or did they cut before filming?
They are still making a second movie (4th Avengers).  They just decided to not name it Infinity Wars 2.  There is no title for now.  It will be released next May.

Marvel has never done an extended edition.  Best hope of seeing the edits would be on the deleted scenes on the blu ray eventually.

They are still making a second movie (4th Avengers).  They just decided to not name it Infinity Wars 2.  There is no title for now.  It will be released next May.

Marvel has never done an extended edition.  Best hope of seeing the edits would be on the deleted scenes on the blu ray eventually.
The title will spoil Infinity Wars from what I've read.

:thanks:    I remembered back when Infinity War was first announced there would be a Part 1 & 2 and wondered what happened.

So, basically expect a "cliff hanger" of sorts?

yes, that is what I am expecting, especially given the next Avengers movie will be released in one year and no other Marvel movies coming out before it look to be set in this time period (Ant Man 2 and Captain Marvel)
The Russos have said Infinity War will be its own self-contained film with a beginning, middle and end but hard to see how there isn't some type of something that propels us to Avengers 4. 

I love the Marvel films and get fired up for every new one but I am way beyond fired up for this one. It just looks like it's going to be incredible. Given the history of the MCU plus the track records of Russo's and the writers involved it's difficult to see this failing.  

On a separate note, Thor being called Thor Odinson cracks me up every single time I see it or someone says it. 

The Russos have said Infinity War will be its own self-contained film with a beginning, middle and end but hard to see how there isn't some type of something that propels us to Avengers 4. 

I love the Marvel films and get fired up for every new one but I am way beyond fired up for this one. It just looks like it's going to be incredible. Given the history of the MCU plus the track records of Russo's and the writers involved it's difficult to see this failing.  
Most marvel films have had that connection. 

Totally agreed.  We haven't been this excited about a new movie since SW VII. actually we're more excited here.

Avengers, here's Hawkeye!
No offense to Renner or Hawkeye fans but his absence (nor Ant Man's) from the trailers hasn't bothered me in the slightest. Although from the sounds of it the absence could mean a pivotal role of some kind.

packersfan said:
No offense to Renner or Hawkeye fans but his absence (nor Ant Man's) from the trailers hasn't bothered me in the slightest. Although from the sounds of it the absence could mean a pivotal role of some kind.
I bet my son already that Ant man is the key to beating Thanos.

Beyond stoked for the film.  So much to pack in but I believe the Russo brothers were the perfect directors to take on a film of this scope.  I heard they even brought in James Gunn to help right the Guardians portion of the film.

As for the 4th film, it has to be a continuation of what unravels in this movie...the Infinity Gauntlet saga is arguably the biggest in the Marvel Comics universe.  There is A LOT to unpack there.

Not to mention (which I believe someone already has) the only other two Marvel films being released between now and Avengers 4 is Antman and the Wasp (no mention of those two being in Infinity War) then Captain Marvel (which takes place in the 90s).

I bet my son already that Ant man is the key to beating Thanos.
Seems like if Vison, Strange and Wanda combined their powers that would be a lot for any being to combat. Throw in all of them having a direct connection to the Infinity Stones and it would make for an even more compelling showdown with Thanos. But if Thanos is defeated I'm guessing it's one or more of the core Avengers who defeats him since this is an Avengers film.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Beyond stoked for the film.  So much to pack in but I believe the Russo brothers were the perfect directors to take on a film of this scope.  I heard they even brought in James Gunn to help right the Guardians portion of the film.
Didn't know that but very cool.

Gunn is raving about the film after seeing it. I remember him making similar comments about Ragnarock and Black Panther and how fantastic they were going to be and he was spot on both times.  

Seems like if Vison, Strange and Wanda combined their powers that would be a lot for any being to combat. Throw in all of them having a direct connection to the Infinity Stones and it would make for an even more compelling showdown with Thanos. But if Thanos is defeated I'm guessing it's one or more of the core Avengers who defeats him since this is an Avengers film.  
Sure. It might make sense if Mr Odinson beat Thanos, but I'm betting on the microverse / quantum realm playing a key role. 

Well, the 11 year old surprised me with:  1.  He wanted to see this one, and 2.  He doesn't have school on Friday.  

So we have tix to see this bright and early 8:45am Friday morning.  :popcorn:

I get all the talk of one of the "big" avengers killing Thanos but from a poetic standpoint the only person that I can think of that makes to do the deed is Nebula.  Wouldn't shock me, other than it hurting a great franchise, if Gamora dies as a part of it.  

popeye said:
Not to spoil anything, but as I understand it, a younger impressionable Thanos was body shamed about the size of this thighs.  
Racism. 

The Ref said:
I get all the talk of one of the "big" avengers killing Thanos but from a poetic standpoint the only person that I can think of that makes to do the deed is Nebula.  Wouldn't shock me, other than it hurting a great franchise, if Gamora dies as a part of it.  
:yes:

I'm still betting on ant man but nebula would be great too.

Kids are out of school Friday so I changed tickets from Sunday afternoon to Friday morning. :excited:

The Dude said:
Hopefully they do well with the movie but I am a little concerned - sounds pretty ambitious.
They've done really well with every movie so far. Even if the fight scene in civil war was a tad ridiculous (the part where they run towards each other).

They've done really well with every movie so far. Even if the fight scene in civil war was a tad ridiculous (the part where they run towards each other).
But to be fair even Stark half way through it quips about "anyone on our side have any new powers they want to bust out".  It was supposed to be ridiculous as was the end of ultron...... both were handled well for the most part.

The Ref said:
Yeah Nebula has the most personally to gain here but I don't see her being the one. I'd also be shocked if any of the Guardians die. 

Users who are viewing this thread