What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Do you watch the local news? (1 Viewer)

Not daily, but watch local more than national news.  Primarily use the local station's app tho, watch maybe 30min/week while also on my phone.

Local news is much more tolerable than national. I get sports, weather and local stuff devoid most of the Red VS Blue team nonsense.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes a few times per week. I know 2 of the reporters and in Minnesota weather is ever changing and it's good to be informed of what's coming up. 

i watch the local news every morning, mostly for traffic/weather.

of course it's NorCal, so we're also blessed with protest/riot coverage and evacuation orders for 150,000 people in the wake of a failing dam. 

Every day, often twice a day.  I'm the morning while getting ready for work for weather, traffic and local news then again in the evening to find out what's currently happening.  No,longer watch Conn, fox, etc.  Too silly  and aggravating

Question for the legal experts...how are they allowed to hire only hot chicks with big racks...the talent level on local news is very impressive but I would think at some point there would be a lawsuit about this...

Have not watched the local news in 5-6 years but started watching it again since the election as the cable news station were wearing me out

Enjoying watching fireman get a cat out of a tree and seeing a local pizza joint getting robbed at gunpoint.

not really since the salad days of Eyewitness News (channel 7 ABC) up here ... Roger Grimsby, Bill Beutel, Tex Antoine, and Jerry Rivers (you folk know him as Geraldo Rivera) - was a freakin' hoot, think they were stewed half the time  :banned:

my mom always had it on at 6 o'clock after dinner, so, watched we did. 

used to catch some  'Live at Five' here on channel 4 (NBC), also  (circa 80s)... wasn't really a 'news' show, more like a gossip hour starring  a drunken Sue Simmons and Chuck Scarborough yucking it up, with occaisional 'hard news' bits thrown to the main desk while the two hosts replenished their drinks. 

these days ... nahhh, don't even bother.  

Yes a few times per week. I know 2 of the reporters and in Minnesota weather is ever changing and it's good to be informed of what's coming up. 
Today: ####### cold

Tomorrow: ####### cold

Next week: ####### cold and some snow

There, I saved you some time. 

My wife watches it in the morning so I suppose I sometimes do if I'm eating something quick or helping with the kids in the living room before going to work.  I guess that's a yes? 

Question for the legal experts...how are they allowed to hire only hot chicks with big racks...the talent level on local news is very impressive but I would think at some point there would be a lawsuit about this...
Good call.  Here's some local hotties

Ann Marie LaFlamme

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/i0_Vl5pb6JQ/maxresdefault.jpg

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/6PC19D7kyDY/maxresdefault.jpg

Alicia Smith (can't find a good jugs pic)

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/xKEbHmtGKbw/maxresdefault.jpg

Kacie Hollins

http://media2.wxyz.com/photo/2016/10/18/Kacie_Hollins_1476839062184_48310507_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

Jennifer Ann Wilson

http://media2.wxyz.com/photo/2016/03/06/Jennifer_Ann_Wilson_takes_a_swing_at_gol_0_33178487_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

We watch the 5pm local news.. truth is it is back ground noise until weather amd sports... :mellow:

I found it impossible to watch.  Everything is presented as an immediate crisis.  You would think the world was falling apart if you watched it every day.

I read the local news though.

I don't watch any of the corporate news really. It's all infotainment just crappy useless mental calories. I get my weather from the Weather Channel app, more accurate than the locals usually. I follow my team via their app and Bleacher report team stream. I don't really dig if it bleeds it leads.

I don't watch it. I get local news from the paper and listen to local news radio on my drive-in many mornings, which is usually enough for me.

Haven't watched any TV for about 4 years now (except NFL, so about 10 hours, 17 Sundays a year plus playoffs). Maybe a game 6 or 7 of World Series or NBA Finals.

NEVER. 

If I watch the local news, a baby was drowned by her mother, an WW2 vet and  medal of honor recipient froze to death in his own home, and there was a kid napping. 

Its way too depressing. If I don't watch, those things still happen but I don't have to see, hear and think about them. 

Watching the daily local news just can't be healthy/good for you. 

i watch the local news every morning, mostly for traffic/weather.

of course it's NorCal, so we're also blessed with protest/riot coverage and evacuation orders for 150,000 people in the wake of a failing dam. 

My wife watches it in the morning so I suppose I sometimes do if I'm eating something quick or helping with the kids in the living room before going to work.  I guess that's a yes? 
The wife has the news on in the morning mostly for weather.  About the time I get out to the tv they do the tech report ( http://richontech.tv/ ) which I do like.  Other than that no, not really.

We usually throw it on local in the afternoons and ride that into TMZ.  We rarely sit down and watch it, but it's always kind of on in the background.

2-3x/week.  If I'm home and nothing else is going on, I'll watch the 10 o'clock on KOB 4.  Will also check out in the AM if weather is iffy, though more likely to go online for that when I wake up.

we put NY1 (24 hour, NYC specific news) on every morning. weather, local commute info, local and national news, plus my favorite segment- "in the papers"- where they cull through major papers (local and national) and pull out zeigeisty info- news and otherwise. great way of getting a sense of what's newsworthy every day within a couple minutes. they also have running weather and other news feeds on the ticker, so I can look anything else up on the phone if I need to.

but that damned hoore jamie shupak needs to stop her pandering banter with pat kiernan, damn her.

Just for perspective sake. It is 63 here. I am wearing a t-shirt and jeans. People are wearing coats over sweatshirts. Makes me sweat looking at them. How do you think they act when it is 40?

Users who are viewing this thread