What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Victor Cruz released by Giants! (1 Viewer)

BigTex

Don't mess with Texas
Kinda surprised!

Bump for Shepard.

Tex

Last edited by a moderator:
Injuries really wrecked what could have been a very productive career. Remember when Nicks and Cruz were lighting it up. Too bad, really. 

and I'm not sure how it's a bump for Shepard. Cruz only caught 40 passes and 1 TD last year.
Agreed.  Shepard's value will depend on his ability to take the next step and in part what the Giants do with WR in free agency and the draft.  I think Shepard can continue to improve and the Giants have a lot of other needs so he may get the opportunity.  Even if they re-sign Cruz to a much lower deal, which is the only kind of deal he will get from anyone at this point, he isn't a starter quality player anymore so the expectation is that Shepard earns the starting job either way.

and I'm not sure how it's a bump for Shepard. Cruz only caught 40 passes and 1 TD last year.
In Dynasty I don't look at one year but bump this thread after next season if Shepard's numbers and targets don't increase. My point is a healthy Cruz is a threat for targets (emphasis on "HEALTHY")

Tex

In Dynasty I don't look at one year but bump this thread after next season if Shepard's numbers and targets don't increase. My point is a healthy Cruz is a threat for targets (emphasis on "HEALTHY")

Tex
Well his numbers should (hopefully) improve just based on experience. It's fairly obvious that a healthy Cruz wasn't really a threat to him. Like I said Cruz caught 39 balls and only scored once.

Well his numbers should (hopefully) improve just based on experience. It's fairly obvious that a healthy Cruz wasn't really a threat to him. Like I said Cruz caught 39 balls and only scored once.
Cruz got 70 targets no matter how you chop it up that's a decent chunk compared to Shepherd's 100 targets. The were neck and neck on targets the 1st half of the season.

Tex

Cruz got 70 targets no matter how you chop it up that's a decent chunk compared to Shepherd's 100 targets. The were neck and neck on targets the 1st half of the season.

Tex
Not out of the realm of possibility that Cruz's next salsa will be for the New York Giants...

Hall of fame?  Well, if over the rest of his career, Cruz gets 775 more receptions, 11,400 more yards and 128 more TDs then his numbers will look a lot like Terrell Owens, who didn't get in recently.

Sorry to hijack but the Owens snub is disgraceful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cruz is toast. Shepard should have a bump, he's pretty good. With a solid camp he should be full on next year. 

HoWTF?   :lmao:

BTW, all this talk of Cruz and Denver is so obviously a ploy by his agent to maintain his client's relevancy, which you can't fault them for, I guess.  It's just so obvious it reeks of desperation.  Cruz is done.  No HoF unless there's a salsa dancing category.

HoWTF?   :lmao:

BTW, all this talk of Cruz and Denver is so obviously a ploy by his agent to maintain his client's relevancy, which you can't fault them for, I guess.  It's just so obvious it reeks of desperation.  Cruz is done.  No HoF unless there's a salsa dancing category.
Patterson High School Hall of Fame.

Users who are viewing this thread