What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Some exciting news for #teamriley (1 Viewer)

shadyridr

Footballguy
Ever since losing Riley, my family has felt incomplete. My wife and I thought long and hard about what we wanted to do and decided adoption was the right choice to complete our family. We are attempting private domestic adoption of a newborn. Justin is very excited to be a big brother again.

Here's some more exciting news for you all. As you may know domestic adoption is VERY expensive. In order to help us pay for it we are using the funds from the GoFundMe you all started. I hope it makes you all feel proud that you are all responsible for allowing us the chance to complete our family.

We started the process in October and have just been approved via home study. We are not currently going through an agency but have hired an adoption attorney. We have created a profile and our website should be done by the end of the week. Our attorney said to let everyone we know our adoption plans. All it takes is one person to make a connection.

So I'm asking for you all for one more favor. I know it's a long shot but if anyone knows any birth mother or friend of a friend who are considering adoption please pm me and I will provide our contact info. Thanks all. I'll continue to keep everyone updated as you all have been through so much with me.

This is so fantastic.  Adoption isn't easy in the US from what I hear but I wish you the best of luck.

Unfortunately, I don't know of anyone considering giving a child up for adopotion. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
This is so fantastic.  Adoption isn't easy in the US from what I hear but I wish you the best of luck.

Unfortunately, I don't know of anyone considering giving a child up for adopotion. :(
Yes the demand far outweighs the supply. We're just hoping for some good karma and we get lucky.

That's probably the best possible use of the funds. Best wishes, and good luck! Pulling for you guys! Have you considered international adoption? I know a friend who can't have kids, and they're looking into it as it seems to be more kids looking for home that way. 

That's probably the best possible use of the funds. Best wishes, and good luck! Pulling for you guys! Have you considered international adoption? I know a friend who can't have kids, and they're looking into it as it seems to be more kids looking for home that way. 
We considered everything but us leaving the country for a big stretch and leaving Justin home as well as nearly impossible to adopt a newborn internationally, we decided domestic was the better choice for us. Our attorney also told us international is much tougher than it used to be.

Registering as a foster family with DSS is a valid option (if race isn't an issue). Lot of infants end up in care and you can look to ones that are likely to have parental rights severed. My sister in law had her son brought by DSS (NYC) at three days old. It did take six years for the adoption to be finalized. Good luck.

Awesome news and good luck.

Makes zero sense for adopting to be so difficult when so many kids need a home. 

Wonderful news... and so glad we could play even a small part.  Love and best wishes all around!

My brother & his wife adopted both of their kids.  :thumbup:

If i was single, not snipped & an attractive young lady was willing to put a child up for adoption, I'd throw her a bone.... FOR THE TEAM.

When (not if,  WHEN) you do find an adoptive mother,  I hope you both decide to do an open adoption.  Where the biological mother keeps in touch with the adoptive parents,  and the kid has an opportunity to meet her birth mother in the future. 

A very dear friend of mine gave up her daughter over 25 years ago,  and this is the route she took. She and her daughter were able to spend a weekend in San Diego a couple years ago meeting and getting to know each other and it was a very positive experience for both of them. 

I wish you nothing but the best. 

I honestly can't think of a more meaningful use for the gofundme proceeds. I will be praying for your success in this undertaking. God bless your family and all of those who contributed to this amazing cause. 

When (not if,  WHEN) you do find an adoptive mother,  I hope you both decide to do an open adoption.  Where the biological mother keeps in touch with the adoptive parents,  and the kid has an opportunity to meet her birth mother in the future. 

A very dear friend of mine gave up her daughter over 25 years ago,  and this is the route she took. She and her daughter were able to spend a weekend in San Diego a couple years ago meeting and getting to know each other and it was a very positive experience for both of them. 

I wish you nothing but the best. 
Yes open all the way

Just checked the "leaderboard" shadyridr...you're stomping, as you should be.  :thumbup:

Let's give shadyridr the #WIN...it's much more deserving than many other #wins... ;)

Also, as an adopted child, I'd me more than happy to share any of my own experiences, if you wish ...although, things have changed alot since 1968. :D

Regardless, I'm soooooo happy whenever I read threads like this and see all of the support...FBGs for the #WINS!  :)

Good luck Shady, I really hope everything works out for you and the family.  You deserve it. 

If you don't mind me asking, does Justin want a baby brother or baby sister? 

i deal more with foster care then just adoptions, but i believe there are tons of programs out there to help cut costs. i can see if i can find any and can send your way if i do. 

Great news and best of luck!

Would you consider adopting an older child? I think Eminence could probably use some strong parental figures.

Users who are viewing this thread