What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Some exciting news for #teamriley (1 Viewer)

i deal more with foster care then just adoptions, but i believe there are tons of programs out there to help cut costs. i can see if i can find any and can send your way if i do. 
Thanks. I can't believe how expensive it is to adopt. The gofundme won't cover it all. Luckily I work for a company that offers $10k reimbursement to cover adoption costs and there's the tax credit as well but laying out the money will be a challenge. 

Good luck Shady, I really hope everything works out for you and the family.  You deserve it. 

If you don't mind me asking, does Justin want a baby brother or baby sister? 
He says brother. Selfishly I want a little girl but will be happy regardless. 

Shady - where do you guys stand on adopting a 45 year old man that wants to retire??? :)

I keed.

Prayers and Wishes your way

Best of Luck!!!!!

Phenomenal news and glad it isn't a knee jerk decision. It can be a very trying process, but if there's a family that's has the resilience to see it through and make the results what they should be, it's you and yours.

Very, very best of luck!

Awesome news Shady.  i know the adoption process can be long, and I am glad the gofundme funds will be used for something positive.  Good luck!

what about fostering children?

not saying don't pursue adoption but open your home to foster children as you go through the process. makes the path to adoption a bit easier.

Strippers and cocaine would be my choice but I guess adoption is cool too. 

ETA- good luck and I'm honestly happy for you. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember when the guys first put the GoFundMe thing together there were questions what money would do in a situation as tragic as Shady's but I'm so glad we did as this is a beautiful way to use it

great job Shaddy.  First pack of diapers is on me 

Ever since losing Riley, my family has felt incomplete. My wife and I thought long and hard about what we wanted to do and decided adoption was the right choice to complete our family. We are attempting private domestic adoption of a newborn. Justin is very excited to be a big brother again.

Here's some more exciting news for you all. As you may know domestic adoption is VERY expensive. In order to help us pay for it we are using the funds from the GoFundMe you all started. I hope it makes you all feel proud that you are all responsible for allowing us the chance to complete our family.

We started the process in October and have just been approved via home study. We are not currently going through an agency but have hired an adoption attorney. We have created a profile and our website should be done by the end of the week. Our attorney said to let everyone we know our adoption plans. All it takes is one person to make a connection.

So I'm asking for you all for one more favor. I know it's a long shot but if anyone knows any birth mother or friend of a friend who are considering adoption please pm me and I will provide our contact info. Thanks all. I'll continue to keep everyone updated as you all have been through so much with me.

:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread