What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

POLL CLOSED Player #10 Community Dynasty Rankings (1 Viewer)

Who would you rank tenth in a 12 team dynasty league, QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/K/DEF PPR with standard s

• Todd Gurley

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • DeAndre Hopkins

• Rookie Pick 1.1

• Sammy Watkins

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • Michael Thomas

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Devonta Freeman

• Dez Bryant

• TY Hilton

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Melvin Gordon

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Brandin Cooks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keenan Allen

• Other (Place name in reply so I can add it)

• Total voters
I missed it til now but struggling with why AR15 isn't on this list? I would think 9/10 is about where he should go...

Went with Dez here. At this point, there are no sure things. This would be an inflection point for me where I'd happily move back 6-8 picks and pick up an extra asset, as I don't see much separation here. 

Ultimately Dez is my pick because I think Dak is a long term solution, the surrounding talent is strong, and Dez has the most raw ability of any players left on the list. He, at least of the WR group left, is the most likely to outperform his draft slot.

Went 1.1 over Cooks/Hilton. 

I'll take my chances that either Fournette or Cook end up in a nice spot and go with extreme youth. 

I took Elliott late 1st in each of my three startup drafts last year and would go the same route this year, especially if I get the pick and don't yet have to decide on the player before knowing the landing spots. 

I went with Gurley slightly over the 1.1 pick.  The reason for this is because of the parameters of the league--12 team with 2 rbs in the starting roster requirements.   I like a lot of the remaining wr's there--hopkins, ty hilton, cooks, dez, thomas...possibly even jordy nelson etc--and we are talking the 10th pick here.  My guess is that one of those wr's would still be avaialble on the way back around in the second round--but I think there would be a big dropoff in the remaining rb's there.   Just based on positional scarcity (young workhorse rb--bell cow status) I think I'd have to go Gurley or 1.1 here--but it's certainly debatable.  

menobrown said:
Is this the tightest race? As of this posting 3 players within 2 votes.
I think so.

So this suggests that AJ Green was the last player of the previous tier and we are starting a new tier now.

I think so.

So this suggests that AJ Green was the last player of the previous tier and we are starting a new tier now.
Brisco- it might be useful to include the obvious tier breaks like this in your list.  Just a line or something before the player who was close. Something like:

Standings

1.  Odell Beckham

2.  Ezekiel Elliot

----

3.  Mike Evans

4.  David Johnson

5.  LeVeon Bell

-----

6.  Antonio Brown

7.  Julio Jones

8.  Amari Cooper

9.  AJ Green

-----

Last edited by a moderator:
Well Robinson isn't even on the list and I think he would make this a 4 way race. 

Freeman is not a of a mid/late 2nd round pick at earliest for me.

jeaton6 said:
I missed it til now but struggling with why AR15 isn't on this list? I would think 9/10 is about where he should go...
Players are added to the list when people nominate them.  See the last option of "other".  If you want ARob added this round vote for other and then list him in your reply as your "other" vote.

Brisco- it might be useful to include the obvious tier breaks like this in your list.  Just a line or something before the player who was close. Something like:

Standings

1.  Odell Beckham

2.  Ezekiel Elliot

----

3.  Mike Evans

4.  David Johnson

5.  LeVeon Bell

-----

6.  Antonio Brown

7.  Julio Jones

8.  Amari Cooper

9.  AJ Green

-----

While I agree on the usefulness, I think opinions vary on where the tier breaks are.  Instead, all poll results are linked in a daisy chain so everyone can decide for themselves.  People can also talk about tier breaks in the replies.

Thanks.

At this moment, the top three options are tied.  If they are still tied in a couple hours I will list all three players as tied for the tenth ranking and our next poll will be for 13.

While I agree on the usefulness, I think opinions vary on where the tier breaks are.  Instead, all poll results are linked in a daisy chain so everyone can decide for themselves.  People can also talk about tier breaks in the replies.

Thanks.
Opinions vary on ranking.  Yet here we are. 

Opinions vary on ranking.  Yet here we are. 
I do not see these two situations  as equivalent.  I have polls to determine community rankings, but no such info about how those same polls show tier breaks.  Instead, it would just be my individual conclusions drawn from the existing poll data.  

If you would like, I invite you to do a parallel poll on where the tier breaks exist.

Thanks!

This Poll is now closed.  DeAndre Hopkins & Rookie Pick 1.1 have tied for the 10th ranking each getting 24 of 97 votes.  Todd Gurley finished one vote behind with 23.

I post these results because although I "close" the poll, I cannot actually block people from adding new votes in the coming days weeks or even months.

Based on the tie, we will skip the 11th place poll and go right to the 12th place poll.

That new poll is available here:  https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/754180-player-12-community-dynasty-rankings/

How do we feel about Rookie 1.01 now?  Where does this list shake out.  1.02?

1.1.  Odell Beckham

1.2.  Ezekiel Elliot

1.3.  Mike Evans

1.4.  David Johnson

1.5.  LeVeon Bell

1.6.  Antonio Brown

1.7.  Julio Jones

1.8.  Amari Cooper

1.9.  AJ Green

1.10.  (Tie) Deandre Hopkins

& Rookie Pick 1.1

1.12.  Todd Gurley

Round 2

2.1 Rookie Pick 1.2

2.2 Allen Robinson

2.3  Sammy Watkins

2.4 TY Hilton

2.5 Michael Thomas

2.6 Rob Gronkowski

2.7 Dez Bryant

2.8 Devonta Freeman

2.9  Brandin Cooks

2.10 Jordan Howard

2.11 Melvin Gordon

2.12 Keenan Allen

3.1 Andrew Luck

3.2 Alshon Jeffrey

3.3 Aaron Rodgers

3.4 Rookie Pick 1.3

3.5 Jarvis Landry

3.6 Rookie Pick 1.4

Last edited by a moderator:
I would take Fournette over both Gurley and Hopkins.

While there's always micro differences, I think the SP got this one pretty much right.

(FWIW- I'd still go Dez here, but that's a moot point as he's ranked 2.07.)

Nice re-introduction of this post as we have team destinations.

Users who are viewing this thread