What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

1.01 for Amari Cooper (1 Viewer)

Tybeeman

Footballguy
12 Team PPR. Can start 3RB

Was offered 1.01 for Amari Cooper.

My Current WRs: Beckham/A.Brown/Allen Robinson/Amari Cooper/JJ Nelson/Pharoh Cooper/Seth Roberts/Tajae Sharpe

My Current RBs: McCoy/M. Gordon/J.McKinnon/Zenner/Gio Bernard/Mike Gillislee

This one is intriguing as after McCoy/Gordon I'm not confident in the group I have. I could secure Fournette/Cook for the future.

Thoughts?

I understand the thoughts based on your roster, but I'd pass. Cooper has had back to back 1000 yard seasons and hes 22. Based on your roster, Id do it for ARob, but not Cooper. 

So how many WR can you start? Also, how many RB must you start?

I think I decline this.  Cooper is a young high dynasty value WR which tend to last longer than a RB.  I would rather hold him and then plug in what I can draft at later rounds or find to fill my RB spot.  Assuming you can start 4 WR you are golden with Beckham, Brown, Robinson and Cooper.

I understand the thoughts based on your roster, but I'd pass. Cooper has had back to back 1000 yard seasons and hes 22. Based on your roster, Id do it for ARob, but not Cooper. 
My original offer was ARob for his 1.01. His counter was Cooper for the 1.01.

The truth of the matter is the value probably falls somewhere in between the two offers and neither is all that far off.  I would probably keep the 4 WR you have together at this point because your depth after that is questionable.  Neither offer is horribly far off, I just think keeping your WR group together suits you better.

Still working on this one. Current counter I'm thinking of sending over

1.01/Malcolm Mitchell for Amari Cooper.

Thoughts?

Tybeeman said:
Still working on this one. Current counter I'm thinking of sending over

1.01/Malcolm Mitchell for Amari Cooper.

Thoughts?
Malcolm Mitchell is a nice flyer but not anything that really improves that offer.  I still hold with Cooper. 

I would keep Cooper.  Much more likely to have a long & successful career than Fournette or Cook.  Adding Mitchell doesn't change my answer.

While I agree with everyone to keep Cooper, I would take it one step further and be glad that he rejected Robinson for 1.01.  I tend to think early rookie picks, especially 1.01/1.02 are overrated.  I will always take the young but proven player over any rookie.  I would need a decent amount more than 1.01 to trade Cooper or Robinson.

Quick update. This owner made the following deal with another owner.

Team A: Gave 1.01/Cole Beasley

Team B: Gave AJ Green/2017 rookie pick 5.04.

Your rb concerns are serious but I would argue that's not enough of a reason to sell a top 5 dynasty asset below market value.

The other thing is that for today McCoy and Gordon is a very solid tandem and enough to take care of you in 2017.  With the RB turnover we see I would rather wait until I needed to fill the RB hole before investing in it.

Users who are viewing this thread