What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

POLL CLOSED Player #12 Community Dynasty Rankings (1 Viewer)

Who would you rank twelth in a 12 team dynasty league, QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/K/DEF PPR with standard

• Todd Gurley

Votes: 32 43.8%
  • TY Hilton

Votes: 4 5.5%
  • Sammy Watkins

Votes: 9 12.3%
  • Devonta Freeman

Votes: 8 11.0%
  • Dez Bryant

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Michael Thomas

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Melvin Gordon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brandin Cooks

• Keenan Allen

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Allen Robinson

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • Rookie Pick 1.2

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Other (Place name in reply so I can add it)

• Total voters

Brisco54

Footballguy
We have a tie at #10... DeAndre Hopkins & Rookie Pick 1.1 tied (with Todd Gurley only a single vote behind).  That poll/thread can be viewed here: https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/754162-poll-closed-player-10-community-dynasty-rankings/

Based on the tie at 10, we now jump to pick #12

Standings

1.  Odell Beckham

2.  Ezekiel Elliot

3.  Mike Evans

4.  David Johnson

5.  LeVeon Bell

6.  Antonio Brown

7.  Julio Jones

8.  Amari Cooper

9.  AJ Green

10.  (Tie) Deandre Hopkins & Rookie Pick 1.1

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a reminder to everyone... if you think a player should be added to this round, click the "Other" block and put the name in a reply.  If you think a player should be added for the next vote, just add them in the reply.  I am trying to eliminate my bias and make this list/polls a product of the community and not just my thoughts.  

BiaBreakable gave me a large list (Thanks!) that I have been adding a bit at a time so that the each poll itself not get too long.  (I am trying to keep the options 10-12 for each poll.  (I have to cut and paste or type each name individually, so i really do not want to have to create/recreate a list of 20 for each of these polls.)  From his list I have added Bryant, Allen, Hopkins, M Thomas, Cooks & Gordon.  Next round I will add D. Thomas, and the poll after that I will add Jarvis Landry and then his list is complete.  Feel free to give me players that should be added in the next few polls.  

Please do not bicker over which players I add or in what order, since every one of you has the ability to force me to add a player to any poll.  If even a single FBG user wants to vote for a certain player or pick, I will add them to that poll (and all future polls until selected).  For example, if you believe that a Kicker belongs in the top twelve, I will add them to the list without judgement.  All it takes is a single vote.

Last poll I had a post that said that ARob would be getting votes if he were on the list.... If you believe any player or pick not on the current poll is worth your vote, please click the "Other" button and give me the name.  I will immediately add that player to the current poll.  If you do not click the "Other" button, I will instead add players you suggest to future polls, like I did by adding ARob to this poll.

Thanks all!  

Based on last round, it looks like Todd Gurley will be the last 1st round asset (top 12) but we shall see.

Brisco

Thanks Brisco for doing this and I do think the shorter list has some advantages. Faust and I were filling every available spot and 3 different polls for standard PPR and 2 QB leagues. So a bit more than 3 times the copy/pasting. Your method is being a lot kinder to you.  :D

I think I already gave you the full tier 2 list for me, but in case I didn't will include that along with the 3rd tier which should keep you from running out of players to add for awhile.

Javis Landry
Michael Thomas
Allen Robinson
DeMarius Thomas
Dez Bryant 
Doug Baldwin
LeSean McCoy
Jordan Howard
Jay Ajayi
Julian Edelman
Lamar Miller

Jordy Nelson
Stefon Diggs
DeMarco Murray
Devantae Parker
Golden Tate
Mark Ingram
Michael Crabtree 
Kelvin Benjamin
Devantae Adams
Corey Coleman
Alshon Jeffrey
John Brown 
Randall Cobb
Jamison Crowder
Larry Fitzgerald 
Jordan Matthews
Donte Moncrief
Josh Doctson
Sterling Shephard 
Derrick Henry
Theo Riddick
Giovani Bernard

Last edited by a moderator:
You didn't read Brisco's last post - when he closes a poll he cannot lock out people from voting - so it was a tie when he cut it off:

"This Poll is now closed.  DeAndre Hopkins & Rookie Pick 1.1 have tied for the 10th ranking each getting 24 of 97 votes.  Todd Gurley finished one vote behind with 23.

I post these results because although I "close" the poll, I cannot actually block people from adding new votes in the coming days weeks or even months.

Based on the tie, we will skip the 11th place poll and go right to the 12th place poll.

That new poll is available here:  https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/754180-player-12-community-dynasty-rankings/"

I would suggest shaking up the order you list them in to eliminate bias.
Since the 8th poll (I should have started this earlier) I have listed the players in the order of votes they received the prior round.  If they received no votes the prior round I just add them to the bottom.  I am trying to eliminate any discretion in this.  I suppose I could randomize all those that received no votes, but going from no votes at all to contender has not happened yet, so i do not think this is worth the extra work at this time.

Thanks Brisco for doing this and I do think the shorter list has some advantages. Faust and I were filling every available spot and 3 different polls for standard PPR and 2 QB leagues. So a bit more than 3 times the copy/pasting. Your method is being a lot kinder to you.  :D

I think I already gave you the full tier 2 list for me, but in case I didn't will include that along with the 3rd tier which should keep you from running out of players to add for awhile.

Javis Landry
Michael Thomas
Allen Robinson
DeMarius Thomas
Dez Bryant 
Doug Baldwin
LeSean McCoy
Jordan Howard
Jay Ajayi
Julian Edelman
Lamar Miller

Jordy Nelson
Stefon Diggs
DeMarco Murray
Devantae Parker
Golden Tate
Mark Ingram
Michael Crabtree 
Kelvin Benjamin
Devantae Adams
Corey Coleman
Alshon Jeffrey
John Brown 
Randall Cobb
Jamison Crowder
Larry Fitzgerald 
Jordan Matthews
Donte Moncrief
Josh Doctson
Sterling Shephard 
Derrick Henry
Theo Riddick
Giovani Bernard
Barring a tie, a vote of "Other", or another user promoting one of these or a different player to be added, i will add the below one a round and in the order you listed them.

HOWEVER... please, everyone else, if you want a given player added to the next poll (or one of the below added sooner) please tell me that in a reply in the poll before you want that player added.  Thanks!

Javis Landry
DeMarius Thomas
Doug Baldwin
LeSean McCoy
Jordan Howard
Jay Ajayi
Julian Edelman
Lamar Miller

Jordy Nelson
Stefon Diggs
DeMarco Murray
Devantae Parker
Golden Tate
Mark Ingram
Michael Crabtree 
Kelvin Benjamin
Devantae Adams
Corey Coleman
Alshon Jeffrey
John Brown 
Randall Cobb
Jamison Crowder
Larry Fitzgerald 
Jordan Matthews
Donte Moncrief
Josh Doctson
Sterling Shephard 
Derrick Henry
Theo Riddick
Giovani Bernard

Barring a tie, a vote of "Other", or another user promoting one of these or a different player to be added, i will add the below one a round and in the order you listed them.

HOWEVER... please, everyone else, if you want a given player added to the next poll (or one of the below added sooner) please tell me that in a reply in the poll before you want that player added.  Thanks!

Javis Landry
DeMarius Thomas
Doug Baldwin
LeSean McCoy
Jordan Howard
Jay Ajayi
Julian Edelman
Lamar Miller

Jordy Nelson
Stefon Diggs
DeMarco Murray
Devantae Parker
Golden Tate
Mark Ingram
Michael Crabtree 
Kelvin Benjamin
Devantae Adams
Corey Coleman
Alshon Jeffrey
John Brown 
Randall Cobb
Jamison Crowder
Larry Fitzgerald 
Jordan Matthews
Donte Moncrief
Josh Doctson
Sterling Shephard 
Derrick Henry
Theo Riddick
Giovani Bernard
For example, I would guess that some of you rank a TE or QB higher than some on this list (that only contains RBS and WRs).  

Since the 8th poll (I should have started this earlier) I have listed the players in the order of votes they received the prior round.  If they received no votes the prior round I just add them to the bottom.  I am trying to eliminate any discretion in this.  I suppose I could randomize all those that received no votes, but going from no votes at all to contender has not happened yet, so i do not think this is worth the extra work at this time.
That's kind of my point though.  It's a known flaw (not yours, polls in general) that the first valid option will be the first one chosen.  So I might see Gurley first and click that button, then realize "oh, hey, Allen Robinson is down there, I forgot about him".  Listing in random order will encourage readers to read the entire list.

petekrum said:
Agreed, he shouldn't even be a consideration in a dynasty discussion.
Yeah who needs WR 11 in this format.

Fitzgerald is an excellent example of why you shouldn't just write a player off because in your view they are too old.

He will be 34 next season and close to retirement, but they guy is and has been a great player and worthy of top 100 consideration, even at his age.

Hankmoody said:
That's kind of my point though.  It's a known flaw (not yours, polls in general) that the first valid option will be the first one chosen.  So I might see Gurley first and click that button, then realize "oh, hey, Allen Robinson is down there, I forgot about him".  Listing in random order will encourage readers to read the entire list.
I would rather have bias in favor of the player that had the most votes in the last poll and will probably win this one than in favor of a random player just based on chance.

If there were a way to randomize it such that each person voting saw a different list order that would be one thing, but given that everyone is going to see the same list someone is going to be listed first for everyone, so it may as well be the person most likely to win anyway.

Yeah who needs WR 11 in this format.

Fitzgerald is an excellent example of why you shouldn't just write a player off because in your view they are too old.

He will be 34 next season and close to retirement, but they guy is and has been a great player and worthy of top 100 consideration, even at his age.
Not saying he hasn't been a great player, but if you are even considering him in the first couple of rounds in a dynasty startup, you quite frankly have NO idea what you're doing.

Not saying he hasn't been a great player, but if you are even considering him in the first couple of rounds in a dynasty startup, you quite frankly have NO idea what you're doing.
I wasn't nor was anyone else, so I don't understand the point of your post.

Ranksing should be independent of average draft position, which obviously should be a consideration when drafting. Ranking a player higher than their ADP does not mean you have to draft them ahead of their ADP.

Users who are viewing this thread