What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

White Guilt - Madison Style (1 Viewer)

Cjw_55106

Footballguy
MADISON (AP) -- The University of Wisconsin-Madison's student government arm is demanding free tuition for black students.

The Associated Students Of Madison adopted a resolution Wednesday evening saying that blacks were legally barred from education during slavery and UW-Madison remains out of reach for students of color. The resolution demands reparations in the form of free access to the university for all black people, including former inmates.

UW-Madison spokesman John Lucas says university officials are reviewing the resolution and had no immediate comment. University spokeswoman Meredith Mcglone noted that the proportion of students of color at UW-Madison has grown from 11 percent to 15 percent over the last decade.

State lawmakers set tuition rates. Spokespeople for the leaders of the Legislature's budget-writing committee didn't immediately respond to a message.

What in the hell is in the water over at UW?  Good God.  Between this and all of Nigel Hayes' crying and whining, I simply can't fathom the injustices that these millennials are forced to endure.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is funny as hell :lmao:

Seriously though.  Tell them to shut up and move along

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a related issue but the escalating cost of higher education is a big problem for lower and middle class people of all races.  

I'm an early 80s graduate of UW Madison.  The inflation-adjusted cost of in-state tuition and fees has increased by a factor of four.  There are similar cases for most other state institutions.  The argument for free college tuition is a distraction but the continuing decrease in affordability impacts the country in ways that reach farther than an individual millennial's student loan debt.

It's a related issue but the escalating cost of higher education is a big problem for lower and middle class people of all races.  

I'm an early 80s graduate of UW Madison.  The inflation-adjusted cost of in-state tuition and fees has increased by a factor of four.  There are similar cases for most other state institutions.  The argument for free college tuition is a distraction but the continuing decrease in affordability impacts the country in ways that reach farther than an individual millennial's student loan debt.
But they have to keep tearing down building so they can build new and bigger ones.

This is the result you get for the federal government's subsidy of student loans and the fact that student loans aren't dischargeable in bankruptcy.

SayWhat? said:
What in the hell is in the water over at UW?  Good God.  Between this and all of Nigel Hayes' crying and whining, I simply can't fathom the injustices that these millennials are forced to endure.
You realize his "crying" was actually raising money for sick kids right? I get it, he's weird and eccentric and people that aren't Badger fans probably grow tired of him. But like it or not, he has a platform that he's trying to use for change. Would you rather he clocks some chick in the face at 2am in Norman? Or becomes part of a institution-wide rape cover up? We could probably use a few more Nigel Hayes-type people, IMO. :shrug:

But back to the OP. Yeah, free tuition is dumb....at least going about it this way.

You realize his "crying" was actually raising money for sick kids right? I get it, he's weird and eccentric and people that aren't Badger fans probably grow tired of him. But like it or not, he has a platform that he's trying to use for change. Would you rather he clocks some chick in the face at 2am in Norman? Or becomes part of a institution-wide rape cover up? We could probably use a few more Nigel Hayes-type people, IMO. :shrug:

But back to the OP. Yeah, free tuition is dumb....at least going about it this way.
Yes, because it's an either/or scenario.  Either whine and cry about your $200K in free education (and sure, raise money for sick kids) or he'd be be out "clocking chicks and covering up rapes."  

:rolleyes:

If I identify as black, that counts, right? What about if a Latino and an African American had a child, she grew up had a baby with a white father, does that count? 

If I identify as black, that counts, right? What about if a Latino and an African American had a child, she grew up had a baby with a white father, does that count? 
Way too much work...just say you are Native-American like Elizabeth Warren...much easier...

Users who are viewing this thread