What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

POLL CLOSED Player #14 Community Dynasty Rankings (1 Viewer)

Who would you rank 14th in a 12 team dynasty league, QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/K/DEF PPR with standard sc

• Allen Robinson

Votes: 19 22.4%
  • Sammy Watkins

Votes: 12 14.1%
  • Devonta Freeman

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • Dez Bryant

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • TY Hilton

Votes: 9 10.6%
  • Michael Thomas

Votes: 7 8.2%
  • Melvin Gordon

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Rob Gronkowski

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • Brandin Cooks

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Jarvis Landry

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Keenan Allen

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • Other (Place name in reply so I can add it and tell me you are the one that clicked Other)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Brisco54

Footballguy
Rookie pick 1.2 takes the first pick of the 2d round (13th overall).  We seem to be losing consensus with 12 different players getting votes.    That poll/thread can be viewed here: https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/754189-player-13-community-dynasty-rankings/

HOW TO ADD PLAYERS TO THE LIST

First, you can add a name to the current poll by clicking Other and telling me who you think is better than all players on the current list.  (Please tell me that you clicked the other button in the reply... not just the name of your nominee)

Second, in rounds where no one has clicked the other button to add a player, I will add a single player nominated in the comments.  This will be the player with the most support to be added in the comments (total users nominating that player)... in the event of a tie, it will go to the player first nominated in the comments.

Time to pick #14

Standings

1.  Odell Beckham

2.  Ezekiel Elliot

3.  Mike Evans

4.  David Johnson

5.  LeVeon Bell

6.  Antonio Brown

7.  Julio Jones

8.  Amari Cooper

9.  AJ Green

10.  (Tie) Deandre Hopkins

& Rookie Pick 1.1

12.  Todd Gurley

Round 2

2.1 Rookie Pick 1.2

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow surprised at so much gronk support. This would be around a half round earlier than last years DLF ADP IIRC. Given the continued injury issues and another year older I'm selling at these prices (but unfortunately no one actually is buying trade wise at this value) :)

jeaton6 said:
Wow surprised at so much gronk support. This would be around a half round earlier than last years DLF ADP IIRC. Given the continued injury issues and another year older I'm selling at these prices (but unfortunately no one actually is buying trade wise at this value) :)
He's only 27. 

I get the concerns about Gronk's back, but let's face it, at this point every player remaining has questions marks as big as Gronk's.  What puts Gronk in the running is that health is his only question mark... IF he is healthy, he is the safest bet in fantasy to have elite level performance. His age (27), his QB (Brady), his coach (Belichek), role in the offense, and his overall offense team/scheme all seem top notch for the next two years if not more.

By comparison, ARob has question marks related to his offense, his QB, his sharing of targets with a lot of other talented WR on the roster, and maybe his physical ability (which was the real ARob?  Watkins has the first two question marks plus health.  Devonta is getting a new OC, more of a committee, and the Superbowl losers slump; 

Now that we are in round two, all the blue-chip safe bets are gone.  Everyone starts to have significant warts.  Your rankings come down to which risk you are most comfortable with.

That said, I still went with Watkins here based purely on talent and what appears to be a dominant role when on the field and healthy.  I can't think of an elite level WR talent that did not eventually rise above situation.

I've been voting TY Hilton the last three rounds. He seems underrated in comparison with the others listed. The combination of no major competition for WR1 status and top tier QB is unchallenged of the remaining WRs.

I've been voting TY Hilton the last three rounds. He seems underrated in comparison with the others listed. The combination of no major competition for WR1 status and top tier QB is unchallenged of the remaining WRs.
I have been voting for Watkins the past few but it is hard to argue that Hilton isn't in a better situation and likely a wiser choice. 

I think Hilton is in the same tier as AJ Green and Cooper. I have Watkins, Allen, Robinson, Hopkins and Cooks in this tier as well, but I think it is easier to argue for Hilton belonging in this tier than the younger guys who haven't proven it consistently enough yet.

I do like his situation, but I guess I still fear that when healthy, Moncrief will assume the #1 role in Indy and Hilton will drop to the 1A DeSean Jackson big play only type.

Yeah, I really like Hilton short-term to put up good numbers.  The problem is he's 3-4 years older than some in this tier (Watkins, Robinson, Allen, Thomas) and he doesn't have the size of some like Dez and Jeffrey that are seen as having more longevity.  Smaller WRs drop off quicker once they lose a step - but he could be the exception like Steve Smith.     

He is still only 27 so age is not much of a concern to me. I have had the size bias in the past but believe the shift has begun that these smaller guys can have long successful careers if the situation is right. I can really see TY having an Antonio Brown career trajectory.

Perfect trade down spot. I just don't see guys I just have to have anymore. I could drop a full round with no issue and gain other pieces. 

What would you charge to move down a round?
Best reasonable offer I got. Move up 2 rounds later maybe in a tier drop area. Try to get 2018 1st somehow as past has these things traded pretty easy in beginning. Anything that helps my team overall elsewhere. I can live with guys not on this list yet right now. 

I do like his situation, but I guess I still fear that when healthy, Moncrief will assume the #1 role in Indy and Hilton will drop to the 1A DeSean Jackson big play only type.
That won't happen, Hilton is a great route runner and is just a better receiver than Moncrief. The only thing Moncrief has over Hilton is size. 

Users who are viewing this thread