What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Matt Harmon? (1 Viewer)

I subscribe.  I use the MyFBG part of the site a lot to manage all my leagues during the season.  I also enjoy the subscriber contests.

I've never seen a single prediction hit prop up an analyst more than Harmon's Allen Robinson call.

I subscribe.  I use the MyFBG part of the site a lot to manage all my leagues during the season.  I also enjoy the subscriber contests.
I liked the MyFBG, too, until it became a mess this year.

I've never seen a single prediction hit prop up an analyst more than Harmon's Allen Robinson call.
He's made a lot of other good calls, too. Although he did feed the Lockett-mania last year a bit.

I drafted Sterling Shepard due to his reception perception last year and it turned out pretty good.  I love the info he provides.

I already enjoyed The FFB podcasts and content before, this puts it on another level for me.
I've seen their podcasts on some fantasy sports channel I get on tv and like them.  I haven't subscribed to their site or really spent any time on their articles or anything.  Is it worth it?  How are they?

I've seen their podcasts on some fantasy sports channel I get on tv and like them.  I haven't subscribed to their site or really spent any time on their articles or anything.  Is it worth it?  How are they?
I watch all of their podcasts leading up to the season and throughout the season.  Their show is great.

Hawkeye21 said:
I drafted Sterling Shepard due to his reception perception last year and it turned out pretty good.  I love the info he provides.
Me too, along with Malcolm Mitchell, who also looks like a good call and it wasn't Harmon's fault NE signed Michael Floyd.

He's great and is working his ### off. R/P was a great idea and he nailed the execution. His stock blew up because of AR15, but it's not because he liked AR15. Lots analysts were telling people to get Robinson. What Harmon did was provide a logical, data based argument for why Robinson could be a diamond in the rough. He got it right (and other calls). Harmon gets more attention and respect for his call because he had data. Every analysts makes calls on everry player every year. Not every analyst brings forth a new system for objectively rating players. 

I haven't read all the posts, but I'll say #1 RP is awesome and so is the Fantasy Footballers Podcast so just follow him to them.

He's great and is working his ### off. R/P was a great idea and he nailed the execution. His stock blew up because of AR15, but it's not because he liked AR15. Lots analysts were telling people to get Robinson. What Harmon did was provide a logical, data based argument for why Robinson could be a diamond in the rough. He got it right (and other calls). Harmon gets more attention and respect for his call because he had data. Every analysts makes calls on everry player every year. Not every analyst brings forth a new system for objectively rating players. 
This.

Harmon also has, after the AR call i believe, gained access to even more data that not many others have access to now he is at the NFL

Harmon also has, after the AR call i believe, gained access to even more data that not many others have access to now he is at the NFL
He has access to more data than anyone.  What he needs to do now is prove if his his system can work for future seasons? 

It will be interesting to see what new ideas he brings out in this season 
I know people hate on NFL.com as a fantasy entity, but hiring Harmon gave them a lot of credibility. He seems like a good guy and is working hard. Nice for him. From a statistical pov, it will be nearly impossible to ever hit as big as AR15. Think about it objectively: 2nd year player whom was drafted 61st overall and played in 10 games as a rookie recording 548/2 before breaking a bone in his foot plays for a team averaged 15.6 ppg. The odds of that guy hitting 1400/14 is nuts. 

Ilov80s said:
I know people hate on NFL.com as a fantasy entity, but hiring Harmon gave them a lot of credibility. He seems like a good guy and is working hard. Nice for him. From a statistical pov, it will be nearly impossible to ever hit as big as AR15. Think about it objectively: 2nd year player whom was drafted 61st overall and played in 10 games as a rookie recording 548/2 before breaking a bone in his foot plays for a team averaged 15.6 ppg. The odds of that guy hitting 1400/14 is nuts. 
What was his call?  Did he call him top 10?  Or "I like him"?  Or specific #s?

I recall the DLF pod guys talking up AR15 as someone not to be forgotten about the year he came out. 
Lots of people liked Allen, Harmon wasn't the only person. But Harmon talked about the AR everywhere in the summer of 15. Harmon had a new system and AR was the guy he staked it all on. 

Ilov80s said:
Lots of people liked Allen, Harmon wasn't the only person. But Harmon talked about the AR everywhere in the summer of 15. Harmon had a new system and AR was the guy he staked it all on. 
What made Harmon's opinion the best was that he showed figures to back up why he believed AR would have a great year.  He did the research and provided the data where other "experts" just had gut feelings or opinions.  As far as we know they all saw Harmon's data and that's why they really liked AR.

He completely called OBJ's breakout just before it happened.  It was when he had just been activated after rookie injuries.  Hadn't done crap yet.  Harmon basically called exactly what has happened since.  I traded a then red-hot rookie KB for OBJ straight up and it's kinda paid off.  Though this year I traded OBJ for Evans straight up due to the fact that OBJ will never grow up.

I guess it wasn't before he had done ANYTHING, but still.....http://subscribers.footballguys.com/m/article.php?id=harmon_receptionperception_odellbeckhamjr14

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread