Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FF Ninja

Matt Harmon?

27 posts in this topic

I just saw this: http://www.thebackyardbanter.com/reception-perception-2017-offseason-announcement.html

Does that mean that he's not writing for FBG anymore? I take it to mean that even if he is, we will no longer have access to his reception perception articles. Those were probably my favorite articles on the whole site. Not happy they let that one slip away. :kicksrock:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys still subscribe? 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I subscribe.  I use the MyFBG part of the site a lot to manage all my leagues during the season.  I also enjoy the subscriber contests.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've never seen a single prediction hit prop up an analyst more than Harmon's Allen Robinson call.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, maf005 said:

I've never seen a single prediction hit prop up an analyst more than Harmon's Allen Robinson call.

I'm sure he was also on Crabtree that year too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I subscribe.  I use the MyFBG part of the site a lot to manage all my leagues during the season.  I also enjoy the subscriber contests.

I liked the MyFBG, too, until it became a mess this year.

14 hours ago, maf005 said:

I've never seen a single prediction hit prop up an analyst more than Harmon's Allen Robinson call.

He's made a lot of other good calls, too. Although he did feed the Lockett-mania last year a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I drafted Sterling Shepard due to his reception perception last year and it turned out pretty good.  I love the info he provides.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I already enjoyed The FFB podcasts and content before, this puts it on another level for me.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, gabes1919 said:

I already enjoyed The FFB podcasts and content before, this puts it on another level for me.

I've seen their podcasts on some fantasy sports channel I get on tv and like them.  I haven't subscribed to their site or really spent any time on their articles or anything.  Is it worth it?  How are they?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Hu-Tang Clan said:

I've seen their podcasts on some fantasy sports channel I get on tv and like them.  I haven't subscribed to their site or really spent any time on their articles or anything.  Is it worth it?  How are they?

I watch all of their podcasts leading up to the season and throughout the season.  Their show is great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I drafted Sterling Shepard due to his reception perception last year and it turned out pretty good.  I love the info he provides.

Me too, along with Malcolm Mitchell, who also looks like a good call and it wasn't Harmon's fault NE signed Michael Floyd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's great and is working his ### off. R/P was a great idea and he nailed the execution. His stock blew up because of AR15, but it's not because he liked AR15. Lots analysts were telling people to get Robinson. What Harmon did was provide a logical, data based argument for why Robinson could be a diamond in the rough. He got it right (and other calls). Harmon gets more attention and respect for his call because he had data. Every analysts makes calls on everry player every year. Not every analyst brings forth a new system for objectively rating players. 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't read all the posts, but I'll say #1 RP is awesome and so is the Fantasy Footballers Podcast so just follow him to them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ilov80s said:

He's great and is working his ### off. R/P was a great idea and he nailed the execution. His stock blew up because of AR15, but it's not because he liked AR15. Lots analysts were telling people to get Robinson. What Harmon did was provide a logical, data based argument for why Robinson could be a diamond in the rough. He got it right (and other calls). Harmon gets more attention and respect for his call because he had data. Every analysts makes calls on everry player every year. Not every analyst brings forth a new system for objectively rating players. 

This.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Harmon also has, after the AR call i believe, gained access to even more data that not many others have access to now he is at the NFL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sarlakticacid said:

Harmon also has, after the AR call i believe, gained access to even more data that not many others have access to now he is at the NFL

He has access to more data than anyone.  What he needs to do now is prove if his his system can work for future seasons? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Ilov80s said:

He has access to more data than anyone.  What he needs to do now is prove if his his system can work for future seasons? 

It will be interesting to see what new ideas he brings out in this season 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sarlakticacid said:

It will be interesting to see what new ideas he brings out in this season 

I know people hate on NFL.com as a fantasy entity, but hiring Harmon gave them a lot of credibility. He seems like a good guy and is working hard. Nice for him. From a statistical pov, it will be nearly impossible to ever hit as big as AR15. Think about it objectively: 2nd year player whom was drafted 61st overall and played in 10 games as a rookie recording 548/2 before breaking a bone in his foot plays for a team averaged 15.6 ppg. The odds of that guy hitting 1400/14 is nuts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/18/2017 at 7:02 AM, Ilov80s said:

I know people hate on NFL.com as a fantasy entity, but hiring Harmon gave them a lot of credibility. He seems like a good guy and is working hard. Nice for him. From a statistical pov, it will be nearly impossible to ever hit as big as AR15. Think about it objectively: 2nd year player whom was drafted 61st overall and played in 10 games as a rookie recording 548/2 before breaking a bone in his foot plays for a team averaged 15.6 ppg. The odds of that guy hitting 1400/14 is nuts. 

What was his call?  Did he call him top 10?  Or "I like him"?  Or specific #s?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, jabarony said:

What was his call?  Did he call him top 10?  Or "I like him"?  Or specific #s?

Here is the link "precipice of a massive breakout" and said AR15 should be mentioned with the likes of Mike Evans and OBJs. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ilov80s said:

Here is the link "precipice of a massive breakout" and said AR15 should be mentioned with the likes of Mike Evans and OBJs. 

I recall the DLF pod guys talking up AR15 as someone not to be forgotten about the year he came out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Sarlakticacid said:

I recall the DLF pod guys talking up AR15 as someone not to be forgotten about the year he came out. 

Lots of people liked Allen, Harmon wasn't the only person. But Harmon talked about the AR everywhere in the summer of 15. Harmon had a new system and AR was the guy he staked it all on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ilov80s said:

Lots of people liked Allen, Harmon wasn't the only person. But Harmon talked about the AR everywhere in the summer of 15. Harmon had a new system and AR was the guy he staked it all on. 

What made Harmon's opinion the best was that he showed figures to back up why he believed AR would have a great year.  He did the research and provided the data where other "experts" just had gut feelings or opinions.  As far as we know they all saw Harmon's data and that's why they really liked AR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He completely called OBJ's breakout just before it happened.  It was when he had just been activated after rookie injuries.  Hadn't done crap yet.  Harmon basically called exactly what has happened since.  I traded a then red-hot rookie KB for OBJ straight up and it's kinda paid off.  Though this year I traded OBJ for Evans straight up due to the fact that OBJ will never grow up.

 

I guess it wasn't before he had done ANYTHING, but still.....http://subscribers.footballguys.com/m/article.php?id=harmon_receptionperception_odellbeckhamjr14

Edited by SCT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.