Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
The Ref

Now the 2018 Assistant Coach Thread

21 hours ago, MAC_32 said:

Yelich, Bellinger, Hiura, Bieber, and Castillo.

Can't argue with this although I might put Corbin in there instead of someone.   Just not sure who....

8 minutes ago, Gally said:

Can't argue with this although I might put Corbin in there instead of someone.   Just not sure who....

I only omitted him because I think Castillo + Bieber are enough to build a quality pitching staff. Bieber is better and Castillo is a better value at that price point. I'd rather use those dollars on more offense and premium closers. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gally said:

50 minutes ago, MAC_32 said:

I only omitted him because I think Castillo + Bieber are enough to build a quality pitching staff. Bieber is better and Castillo is a better value at that price point. I'd rather use those dollars on more offense and premium closers. 

Thanks for the replies fellas. Unfortunately this is the hard part of the decision for me. I had truthfully narrowed it down to those six but have just been back and forth on what to do. I’m leaning Hiura over Corbin, hopefully that’s the best value and Keston cuts down on those Ks. Starting with Corbin Castillo and Bieber for ~$10 each would be a nice start too though.

• Like 1

14 team keep forever (5x5 OBP)

My Yordan Alvarez and Josh Donaldson for his Mookie and Yasmani Grandal.

I literally don’t have a Catcher at the moment, but I really don’t care about Grandal either, it’s more just making it a 2 for 2. Alvarez isn’t OF eligible right now which makes my 3rd OFer Puig or Sam Hilliard. Donaldson is a flex player for me right now. 

On 3/16/2020 at 8:48 AM, bigmarc27 said:

14 team keep forever (5x5 OBP)

My Yordan Alvarez and Josh Donaldson for his Mookie and Yasmani Grandal.

I literally don’t have a Catcher at the moment, but I really don’t care about Grandal either, it’s more just making it a 2 for 2. Alvarez isn’t OF eligible right now which makes my 3rd OFer Puig or Sam Hilliard. Donaldson is a flex player for me right now. 

to me, that seems like a lot to give up for Mookie. Is there a draft, etc with a chance to add a C and a better 3rd OF?

8 minutes ago, Angry Beavers said:

to me, that seems like a lot to give up for Mookie. Is there a draft, etc with a chance to add a C and a better 3rd OF?

We already drafted our 6 rounds (after we keep 20).  I did add Yasiel Puig and Sam Hilliard. I guess I’ll have an idea if either will be playing by the time the season rolls around.  Catcher I’m not too worried about. 

1 minute ago, bigmarc27 said:

We already drafted our 6 rounds (after we keep 20).  I did add Yasiel Puig and Sam Hilliard. I guess I’ll have an idea if either will be playing by the time the season rolls around.  Catcher I’m not too worried about. 

I personally would pass, but I could see the reasoning to make the trade. 

Yahoo H2H 5x5, 16 teams, 4 keepers.  Who are you pairing with Yelich and Arenado?

Correa, Rizzo, Hader, Bauer, Clevinger

5 hours ago, Bobcat10 said:

Yahoo H2H 5x5, 16 teams, 4 keepers.  Who are you pairing with Yelich and Arenado?

Correa, Rizzo, Hader, Bauer, Clevinger

Rizzo and Clevinger

On 3/18/2020 at 7:32 PM, MAC_32 said:

Rizzo and Clevinger

Interesting, but I can see it.

What's the love for Luzardo like right now?  Bauer, Soroka, ERodriguez, and Luzardo......can keep all but one.  This is tough.

6 minutes ago, Bobcat10 said:

Interesting, but I can see it.

What's the love for Luzardo like right now?  Bauer, Soroka, ERodriguez, and Luzardo......can keep all but one.  This is tough.

Weird spot. I think your two best (Bauer and E Rod) are potential whip hazards. I want one or the other on all of my teams, but I don't want both on any of them. Problem is the other two carry quite a bit of inherent young pitcher risk. 

Not knowing anything else I'd live dangerously and unload the low k Soroka, but doing so really restricts what you can do wrt pitching early in your draft. It almost forces you to reach for certain arms rather than letting the draft come to you, a spot I hate putting myself in. 

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, MAC_32 said:

Weird spot. I think your two best (Bauer and E Rod) are potential whip hazards. I want one or the other on all of my teams, but I don't want both on any of them. Problem is the other two carry quite a bit of inherent young pitcher risk. 

Not knowing anything else I'd live dangerously and unload the low k Soroka, but doing so really restricts what you can do wrt pitching early in your draft. It almost forces you to reach for certain arms rather than letting the draft come to you, a spot I hate putting myself in. 

It's one of my deep keepers, 10 per team, H2H 6x6 (pitching losses are a cat).  I have 6 hitters to keep...JD, Xander, Hiura, Marte, KBryant, and Mondesi. 

Dropping Benintendi, who will bounce back for sure.  Sale is going under the knife, so I'm tossing him back in.  I honestly was probably doing that either way though.

Edited by Bobcat10

I'm less concerned about WHIP issues in H2H. 

How much more is luck going to play into this season than a normal 162 game roto? I keep asking myself this as I can promote Vlad and Yordan Alvarex from the minors, but then will have a roster jam in 2021 of who to keep. (Current 5 Kept majors - Trout, Soto, Glyber Torres, Machado and Robles); The other thought is keep them down for this 60 game sprint and promote them in 2021. I have no pitching other than lazardo ( also in the minors, but I have extra draft picks and should be able to compete this year).  Maybe the answer is - what are the dues for this year - I am not sure if there will be reduction or not? Any other thoughts?  I am a little shuked. 

5 hours ago, Angry Beavers said:

How much more is luck going to play into this season than a normal 162 game roto? I keep asking myself this as I can promote Vlad and Yordan Alvarex from the minors, but then will have a roster jam in 2021 of who to keep. (Current 5 Kept majors - Trout, Soto, Glyber Torres, Machado and Robles); The other thought is keep them down for this 60 game sprint and promote them in 2021. I have no pitching other than lazardo ( also in the minors, but I have extra draft picks and should be able to compete this year).  Maybe the answer is - what are the dues for this year - I am not sure if there will be reduction or not? Any other thoughts?  I am a little shuked. 

Best long-term decision is probably keeping them down. Can you activate them at any point? Or it an opening day or bust kind of thing? If it's the former, you could give it a few weeks to see if adding those two to the fold could give you the win in this short sprint.

This year is going to be a total crap shoot. And there's a real chance they don't finish the season. So I'd probably lean toward protecting the whole gang for 2021.

• Thanks 1

On 6/27/2020 at 8:03 PM, RnR said:

Best long-term decision is probably keeping them down. Can you activate them at any point? Or it an opening day or bust kind of thing? If it's the former, you could give it a few weeks to see if adding those two to the fold could give you the win in this short sprint.

This year is going to be a total crap shoot. And there's a real chance they don't finish the season. So I'd probably lean toward protecting the whole gang for 2021.

I have Acuna in my minors and planned to activate him this year.  Now I probably won't due to the short season and potential of long IR stints due to the virus.  I would keep them down.

Please rank as most likely to contribute fantasy wise this year. I have too much SP and need to possibly drop/trade a couple of these

N Pearson

C Mize

B McKay

F Whitley

AJ Puk

1 hour ago, boom king said:

Please rank as most likely to contribute fantasy wise this year. I have too much SP and need to possibly drop/trade a couple of these

N Pearson

C Mize

B McKay

F Whitley

AJ Puk

Can you keep them after this year?

16 minutes ago, Angry Beavers said:

Can you keep them after this year?

Yes but most likely not at their prices. 

Finished a 10 team redraft auction last night. Been shopping around for a first baseman, thought I was close to getting Carlos Santana for this same package but he’d do it as it is below. Thoughts on the trade would be appreciated. H2h scoring r, hr, rbi, sb, obp, slg, era, whip, k/9, L, SV, QS. Minimum 35 inning pitched a week. 

He would give me Josh Bell for Sonny Gray and Mike Minor. Should I take it or hope for a better deal or to snag a FA at some point. Don’t have much hitting depth yet. Wanted Carlos for his obp prowess, Bells cool off period last year and lack of bats around him in the lineup scare me but I can be talked into it.

c Will Smith

1b Christian Walker

2b Ozzie Albies

3b Jose Ramirez

ss Francisco Lindor

of Juan Soto

of Nick Castellanos

of Cavan Biggio

ut Shin-Soo Choo

ut Willie Calhoun

bn Nick Senzel (May drop for Shogo or someone)

SP are Bieber, Paddack, Lynn, Wheeler, Gray, Soroka, McCullers, Odorizzi, Musgrove, Minor.

RP: Melancon, H Robles, Doolittle, R Iglesias

Posted (edited)

Would like some help/advice from some more advanced fantasy baseball players as I'm relatively inexperienced. Play in a roto league with a weird maximum of 2 trades on the season rule. Also--we have 40 player lineups and no bench--and no pickups all season--which means you start all of your players every day regardless of if they are hurt, dropped, sick..etc.  Currently my team is middle of the pack as my pitching has been terrible (thank you Shohei).   I was offered this deal last night. 

I would receive: 

Pete alonso

Trae Turner 

Eugenio Suarez

Scott Kingery

Hansel Robles 

I would be trading away:

Eloy Jimenez

Gleyber Torres

Justin Turner

Eric Hosmer

Alex Coloma 

I'm leaning towards declining it as I feel like the offenses that my players play for are more dynamic and thus have more opportunity to product--but I'm also not very experienced.  I'd appreicate opinions. 

Edited by jvdesigns2002

On 8/3/2020 at 9:09 AM, jvdesigns2002 said:

Would like some help/advice from some more advanced fantasy baseball players as I'm relatively inexperienced. Play in a roto league with a weird maximum of 2 trades on the season rule. Also--we have 40 player lineups and no bench--and no pickups all season--which means you start all of your players every day regardless of if they are hurt, dropped, sick..etc.  Currently my team is middle of the pack as my pitching has been terrible (thank you Shohei).   I was offered this deal last night. 

I would receive: 

Pete alonso

Trae Turner 

Eugenio Suarez

Scott Kingery

Hansel Robles 

I would be trading away:

Eloy Jimenez

Gleyber Torres

Justin Turner

Eric Hosmer

Alex Coloma 

I'm leaning towards declining it as I feel like the offenses that my players play for are more dynamic and thus have more opportunity to product--but I'm also not very experienced.  I'd appreicate opinions. 

1 year league or dynasty?  also, gleyber is dead for aboot 3 weeks.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Chemical X said:

1 year league or dynasty?  also, gleyber is dead for aboot 3 weeks.

Its a 1 year league but unfortuantely the dude that offered the trade ended up making a deal with another owner a day after he offered me the trade.  Had i known gleyber would get hurt--I would have taken it--but it's impossible to forecast injury. I do appreciate you reading the post and offering to help though. Thank you.  

3 hours ago, jvdesigns2002 said:

Its a 1 year league but unfortuantely the dude that offered the trade ended up making a deal with another owner a day after he offered me the trade.  Had i known gleyber would get hurt--I would have taken it--but it's impossible to forecast injury. I do appreciate you reading the post and offering to help though. Thank you.  

fwiw, i wouldn’t have done it.  kingery and robles offer little value.

• Thanks 1