What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Player #15 Community Dynasty Rankings (1 Viewer)

Who would you rank 15th in a 12 team dynasty league, QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/K/DEF PPR with standard sc

• Rob Gronkowski

Votes: 13 13.3%
  • Sammy Watkins

Votes: 25 25.5%
  • Devonta Freeman

Votes: 13 13.3%
  • TY Hilton

Votes: 16 16.3%
  • Michael Thomas

Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Dez Bryant

Votes: 12 12.2%
  • Keenan Allen

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Melvin Gordon

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Brandin Cooks

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Jarvis Landry

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Other (Place name/pick in reply so I can add it and tell you you clicked this button)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Brisco54

Footballguy
Allen Robinson takes the second pick of the 2d round (14th overall), but with only 17 total votes.  Every single voting option (except other) received some votes.    That poll/thread can be viewed here: https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/754195-player-14-community-dynasty-rankings/

HOW TO ADD PLAYERS TO THE LIST

First, you can add a name to the current poll by clicking Other and telling me who you think is better than all players on the current list.  (Please tell me that you clicked the other button in the reply... not just the name of your nominee)

Second, in rounds where no one has clicked the other button to add a player, I will add a single player nominated in the comments.  This will be the player with the most support to be added in the comments (total users nominating that player)... in the event of a tie, it will go to the player first nominated in the comments.

No player was nominated to be added in the comments of poll #14, so I am not adding any this round.

Time to pick #14

Standings

1.1.  Odell Beckham

1.2.  Ezekiel Elliot

1.3.  Mike Evans

1.4.  David Johnson

1.5.  LeVeon Bell

1.6.  Antonio Brown

1.7.  Julio Jones

1.8.  Amari Cooper

1.9.  AJ Green

1.10.  (Tie) Deandre Hopkins

& Rookie Pick 1.1

1.12.  Todd Gurley

Round 2

2.1 Rookie Pick 1.2

2.2 Allen Robinson

All:

Please see the new rules on how players/picks will be added to the list.  Nominate a single player to be added in your reply and the one with the most nominations will be added to the next poll.

Reminder that by clicking "Other" you can add a name to the current poll if you feel they have earned your vote.

Thanks all,

Brisco

A little surprised by how much love Sammy Watkins is getting this early given his injury history and the question marks surrounding his qb situation.  Dude has played  37 games in his NFL career and has only had 5+ receptions in a game only like 12 times.  In a ppr format--we're not looking at a big volume guy in regards to consistency here--we're looking at a guy that is pretty dependent on big plays and tds.  Don't get me wrong--I like Watkins a lot--but I don't like him this early.  

Brisco54 said:
All:

Please see the new rules on how players/picks will be added to the list.  Nominate a single player to be added in your reply and the one with the most nominations will be added to the next poll.

Reminder that by clicking "Other" you can add a name to the current poll if you feel they have earned your vote.

Thanks all,

Brisco
Luck 

jvdesigns2002 said:
A little surprised by how much love Sammy Watkins is getting this early given his injury history and the question marks surrounding his qb situation.  Dude has played  37 games in his NFL career and has only had 5+ receptions in a game only like 12 times.  In a ppr format--we're not looking at a big volume guy in regards to consistency here--we're looking at a guy that is pretty dependent on big plays and tds.  Don't get me wrong--I like Watkins a lot--but I don't like him this early.  
We are on the 15th over pick now. Two rookies have already been selected. Robinson and Hopkins are already gone and I would take Watkins over both of them and the rookies, so it doesn't seem early to me.

Watkins as a 21 year old rookie had 128 targets 65 receptions 982 yards 6 TD. This was with Kyle Orton at QB for 12 games and EJ Manuel for the other four.

In 2015 Watkins was injured in 3rd game and missed games 4 and 5. He then came back for game 6. Apparantly he wasn't fully healthy yet on his return because he missed game 7.and then they had a bye. After the bye he played in 9 games and had 78 targets 49 receptions 900 yards 7 TD or 8.7 targets 5.4 receptions 100 yards .8 TD per game during the second half of the 2015 season. This was good for WR 4 over this time frame that season. Over 16 games this would be 139 targets 86 receptions 1600 yards 13 TD.

In 2016 he was injured at the beginning of the season but he tried to play through it for the first two games. He didn't play well while injured and they shut him down hoping he could return later on in the season. He returned to the lineup for the last 6 games of the season but wasn't as effective and likely still limited due to his injury, also by this time the Bills were pretty much eliminated from the playoffs as well. He only had one really good game against Miami in game 15. It was pretty much a lost season due to the injury.

I think Watkins has shown enough of how good he can be in the NFL to think he will build on his second seasons numbers and have a very strong career. He will be 24 years old for the 2017 season. He is actually younger than many of the rookies from last season.

Who do you think is a better choice? I can see Hilton ahead of him because he has been more consistent, hard for me to argue that one. Possibly Keenan Allen might be favored over Watkins, but he has missed a lot of games to injury as well.

There just are not many WR who can match his ability to make explosive plays. Watkins has averaged 16.1 yards per reception on 153 receptions, that is very very good and not a fluke of small sample size. The upside is enormous if he can stay healthy a full season.

We are on the 15th over pick now. Two rookies have already been selected. Robinson and Hopkins are already gone and I would take Watkins over both of them and the rookies, so it doesn't seem early to me.

Watkins as a 21 year old rookie had 128 targets 65 receptions 982 yards 6 TD. This was with Kyle Orton at QB for 12 games and EJ Manuel for the other four.

In 2015 Watkins was injured in 3rd game and missed games 4 and 5. He then came back for game 6. Apparantly he wasn't fully healthy yet on his return because he missed game 7.and then they had a bye. After the bye he played in 9 games and had 78 targets 49 receptions 900 yards 7 TD or 8.7 targets 5.4 receptions 100 yards .8 TD per game during the second half of the 2015 season. This was good for WR 4 over this time frame that season. Over 16 games this would be 139 targets 86 receptions 1600 yards 13 TD.

In 2016 he was injured at the beginning of the season but he tried to play through it for the first two games. He didn't play well while injured and they shut him down hoping he could return later on in the season. He returned to the lineup for the last 6 games of the season but wasn't as effective and likely still limited due to his injury, also by this time the Bills were pretty much eliminated from the playoffs as well. He only had one really good game against Miami in game 15. It was pretty much a lost season due to the injury.

I think Watkins has shown enough of how good he can be in the NFL to think he will build on his second seasons numbers and have a very strong career. He will be 24 years old for the 2017 season. He is actually younger than many of the rookies from last season.

Who do you think is a better choice? I can see Hilton ahead of him because he has been more consistent, hard for me to argue that one. Possibly Keenan Allen might be favored over Watkins, but he has missed a lot of games to injury as well.

There just are not many WR who can match his ability to make explosive plays. Watkins has averaged 16.1 yards per reception on 153 receptions, that is very very good and not a fluke of small sample size. The upside is enormous if he can stay healthy a full season.
I would absolutely go Hilton over him--far more consistent--far more stable qb situation.  Hilton is who I voted for in the poll.   The insane run of games that Watkins had in the end of the 2015 season were both flukey and unsustainable--and prorating them can also mask what reality is.  During that stretch of games--he averaged almost 20 yards per reception--and I don't see him doing that over the course of a season.   On top of that--one of the biggest hesitations of Watkins is his injury and qb situation--so it's not really fair to somehow discount or disregard the entire 2016 season as a lost season.  Yes--it was also a lost season for his fantasy owners too--and that has to be taken into account. Don't get me wrong--I do think that at this draft position--considering Watkins is not a mistake--I however wouldn't look at him just yet.  Waaay too many moving parts and obstacles for him. If I wanted to roll the dice on a youngish player that has injury concerns--but huge upside--give me Gronk here.   In any case--I appreciate the exchange of views.  

I would absolutely go Hilton over him--far more consistent--far more stable qb situation.  Hilton is who I voted for in the poll.   The insane run of games that Watkins had in the end of the 2015 season were both flukey and unsustainable--and prorating them can also mask what reality is.  During that stretch of games--he averaged almost 20 yards per reception--and I don't see him doing that over the course of a season.   On top of that--one of the biggest hesitations of Watkins is his injury and qb situation--so it's not really fair to somehow discount or disregard the entire 2016 season as a lost season.  
Watkins has the higher ceiling, Hilton the higher floor.

If you're in a smaller league and/or with shorter benches, it's Watkins by a fair margin. If it's a larger league and/or deeper benches, I'd probably lean Hilton.

No real wrong choice between them, IMO.

Watkins has the higher ceiling, Hilton the higher floor.

If you're in a smaller league and/or with shorter benches, it's Watkins by a fair margin. If it's a larger league and/or deeper benches, I'd probably lean Hilton.

No real wrong choice between them, IMO.
Not sure I agree with that.  Maybe for career values since Watkins is younger, but season to season I don't think Watkins is really any more likely to have a monster season than Hilton.

Hilton's career path thus far is fairly similar to Antonio Brown's early career.  Smallish guys playing with a stud QB racking up yards but lacking in TDs.

I'm not saying I expect it, but it wouldn't shock me for TY Hilton to put up an Antonio Brown type season in the next year or two.

Last edited by a moderator:
Watkins is a big time talent but The combo of the Buffalo QB situation and an injury that really seemed to nag makes me wary of him...no doubt he could blow up but I would let someone else deal with the questions...

If we talking about talent ..Watkins ...no question , but if I am on the clock and playing Dynasty pay league ....give me Hilton

I've voted Hilton the last 3 polls. It's clear he'll be a value pick this year in redraft and dynasty trades/start up. 

I own Watkins in one league and would trade him straight up for Hilton. Call me short sighted or playing it too safe, but I've had too many games of Watkins on IR or my bench. 

Watkins is a big time talent but The combo of the Buffalo QB situation and an injury that really seemed to nag makes me wary of him...no doubt he could blow up but I would let someone else deal with the questions...
Agree, no way I'm even considering him in a dynasty this early. With an early second round pick I don't want a guy with a Q next to his name every week.

Agree, no way I'm even considering him in a dynasty this early. With an early second round pick I don't want a guy with a Q next to his name every week.
Also (and this maybe reading too much into things) the Coach they hired is a defensive guy...that just adds another question to that offense this year...

Also (and this maybe reading too much into things) the Coach they hired is a defensive guy...that just adds another question to that offense this year...
I don't see how this can be viewed as a negative considering the coaching staff they just fired in Rex Ryan and Greg Roman. 

2016 Rex Ryan 474 passing attempts 492 rushing attempts.
2015 Rex Ryan 465 passing attempts 509 rushing attempts.
2014 Doug Marone 579 passing attempts 402 rushing attempts.

Sean McDermott hasn't been a HC or coached on the offensive side of the ball before, so hard to say what his tendencies might be. I would assume a balanced offense without knowing any tendency.

Rick Dennison has been a OC for Denver and Houston running a version of Mike Shanahans offense. The lowest I see the passing offense ranked is 26th in attempts and 25th in yardage his first time as an OC in 2006. The Broncos started Jake Plummer and rookie Jay Cutler that season and the offense overall wasn't very good. The passing offense improved to 13th in passing yards 2007 and 3rd in passing yards 2008. In Houston the lowest the passing offense finished was 18th. Most recently he has been the OC for the Broncos in 2015 and 2016.

I think there is some reason to be optimistic about the Bills offense moving towards the average in passing attempts which was 571 in 2016,the offense the last two seasons for the Bills has thrown the ball about 100 fewer times than average.

I don't see how this can be viewed as a negative considering the coaching staff they just fired in Rex Ryan and Greg Roman. 

2016 Rex Ryan 474 passing attempts 492 rushing attempts.
2015 Rex Ryan 465 passing attempts 509 rushing attempts.
2014 Doug Marone 579 passing attempts 402 rushing attempts.

Sean McDermott hasn't been a HC or coached on the offensive side of the ball before, so hard to say what his tendencies might be. I would assume a balanced offense without knowing any tendency.

Rick Dennison has been a OC for Denver and Houston running a version of Mike Shanahans offense. The lowest I see the passing offense ranked is 26th in attempts and 25th in yardage his first time as an OC in 2006. The Broncos started Jake Plummer and rookie Jay Cutler that season and the offense overall wasn't very good. The passing offense improved to 13th in passing yards 2007 and 3rd in passing yards 2008. In Houston the lowest the passing offense finished was 18th. Most recently he has been the OC for the Broncos in 2015 and 2016.

I think there is some reason to be optimistic about the Bills offense moving towards the average in passing attempts which was 571 in 2016,the offense the last two seasons for the Bills has thrown the ball about 100 fewer times than average.
Didn't say it was a negative...just that it is another unknown for him to go along with who their QB is and his injury...I don't think anyone doubts that Watkins has a high-end talent...it is just when you are comparing him to other guys around his level he may have a few more questions which could break a tie if you have him ranked close to another player... 

Didn't say it was a negative...just that it is another unknown for him to go along with who their QB is and his injury...I don't think anyone doubts that Watkins has a high-end talent...it is just when you are comparing him to other guys around his level he may have a few more questions which could break a tie if you have him ranked close to another player... 
Uncertainty can certainly do that.

I see it as a positive as I am certain that Rex Ryan isn't good for an NFL offense.

There is the unknown about the QB as well and some other players in similar range who have better QB play, such as Hilton Cooks and Baldwin.

I kind of like Cardale Jones though.

Uncertainty can certainly do that.

I see it as a positive as I am certain that Rex Ryan isn't good for an NFL offense.

There is the unknown about the QB as well and some other players in similar range who have better QB play, such as Hilton Cooks and Baldwin.

I kind of like Cardale Jones though.
I would agree about Rex...the guy still thinks it is 1975 with regard to offense...truly amazing how little he evolved on that side of the ball...

Whenever a pick is voted it should just be assumed to put the next pick in the next vote. I'd not have voted 1.3, but it would have been my second option.

Users who are viewing this thread