What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

** Official ** NASCAR 2017 (1 Viewer)

2017 Daytona 500 Entry List:

NO.

DRIVER

TEAM

Jamie McMurray

Chip Ganassi Racing

Brad Keselowski

Team Penske

Austin Dillon

Richard Childress Racing

Kevin Harvick

Stewart-Haas Racing

Kasey Kahne

Hendrick Motorsports

Trevor Bayne

Roush Fenway Racing

7*

Elliott Sadler*

Tommy Baldwin Racing*

Danica Patrick

Stewart-Haas Racing

Denny Hamlin

Joe Gibbs Racing

Ty Dillon

Germain Racing

Clint Bowyer

Stewart-Haas Racing

Michael Waltrip

Premium Motorsports

Ricky Stenhouse Jr.

Roush Fenway Racing

Kyle Busch

Joe Gibbs Racing

Daniel Suarez

Joe Gibbs Racing

Matt Kenseth

Joe Gibbs Racing

Ryan Blaney

Wood Brothers Racing

Joey Logano

Team Penske

Joey Gase

BK Racing

Chase Elliott

Hendrick Motorsports

Paul Menard

Richard Childress Racing

Ryan Newman

Richard Childress Racing

Matt DiBenedetto

Go Fas Racing

Jeffrey Earnhardt

Circle Sports w/The Motorsports Group

Landon Cassill

Front Row Motorsports

Chris Buescher

JTG Daugherty Racing

David Ragan

Front Row Motorsports

Kurt Busch

Stewart-Haas Racing

Kyle Larson

Chip Ganassi Racing

Aric Almirola

Richard Petty Motorsports

AJ Allmendinger

JTG Daugherty Racing

Jimmie Johnson

Hendrick Motorsports

51*

Timmy Hill*

Rick Ware Racing*

Cole Whitt

TriStar Motorsports

Erik Jones

Furniture Row Racing

Martin Truex Jr.

Furniture Row Racing

83*

Corey LaJoie*

BK Racing*

Dale Earnhardt Jr.

Hendrick Motorsports

Michael McDowell

Leavine Family Racing

TBD*

Brendan Gaughan*

Mark Beard*

TBD*

D.J. Kennington*

Gaunt Brothers Racing*

Fantasy NASCAR (yes, it exists) is a great thing. 
yeah, heard of that, and i'm sure there are xchange wagers available offshore/overseas ... but i'm talking full on parimutuel wagering here in the US of A - would vault the gig to a whole new stratosphere   :shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:
9 minutes ago, BroncoFreak_2K3 said:
Exactly. I record the majority of races and FF alot because of the massive amount of commercials, but this new point system is going to make things interesting and call for a lot of strategy. 

Some of the tracks are almost unwatchable. 

It's not just for the 500. It's for every race on the schedule. 

Not necessarily. I was at the last Michigan race this past year. The last green flag was nuts when Chase Elliott spun his tires and Larson went on to win. 
Agreed I was there too (Im a Chase fan, and boy he was infuriating all season)...but it always seems at that track, you get out in front and coast to the lead...

Like points awarded in segments but not fake cautions at end of a segment 
I think they are going to wreck a TON of cars racing to win each segment and they changed the rules on how badly damaged a car can be and still return to a race.  I could see races where, say, there are 20 or so cars racing for segment 3 at Talladgea.  

I think the stage racing is making it a lot more competitive. 

Phoenix this weekend.

Sunday at 3:30 EST on FOX.

Glad there were no penalties for Busch and Logano. This sport needs more rivalries and fireworks, and it will be great to see when they get close to each other on the track what's going to happen. And being someone who dislikes both of them, it would make me laugh, and happy, if they continue this feud and keep wrecking each other.

Sitting on the infield. The rain has stopped and the sun is shining. Going to be a beautiful weekend for racing.  :banned:
I hope so. This is one of those weekends I look forward to on the NASCAR schedule, but it seems every time I am excited about a race, I turn it on to find a rain delay. 

Sitting on the infield. The rain has stopped and the sun is shining. Going to be a beautiful weekend for racing.  :banned:
I stayed in the infield for the week two years ago.  Great atmosphere and awesome party but we didn't think to bring our own women.  Not a lot of single ladies camping for the week...

Playoffs bump.

I haven't the faintest idea how scoring is going to work for the next ten races but the JGR/FR Toyotas look strong.

I went to the Bristol night race this year with my wife and father in law.  I have only been to 1 other race, a July race in Daytona.  I got to witness my favorite driver break out the broom and sweep the weekend.  It was hilarious when he stood on the roof of his car with the whisk broom at the end.  Regardless of what you think about Busch, he brings the entertainment.  My father-in-law is a Jr. fan.  He wasn't too excited when he found out his daughter was dating a Kyle Busch fan.

Kyle managed to spin out at Charlotte all by himself.  That knocked him down in the standings quite a bit.  This year he won't be able to ride around Talladega in the back.

To Talladega, boys raised up

Whiskey in your glass, here's to turning up

And slowing down, and cars that go real fast

My son took me to Sonoma for a Father's Day gift.  We had good seats near the passing zone in Turn 7.  Road courses don't provide the full track views that ovals do but Sears Point is laid out in a way that spectators in the bleachers can see most of the track.  The worst views are probably from the grandstand but they have shade.

I'm not a fan of stage racing in general but it was really stupid on a road course.  The planned yellows broke up the racing and took a long time to complete.  I was able to leave my seat at the end of the second stage, go to the rest room, buy a beer and make it back before the green.  The final stage went caution-free and turned the whole race into a fuel saving race.  That can always happen but the stages pretty much forced everybody to the same strategy.

Growing sentiment around fans that those Toyota's gotta have something that NASCAR hasn't found yet...

Way too many instances where these guys shouldn't have been anywhere near the front and they end up winning....

Just hoping Jr has one more in him--this would be a great way for him to ride off into the sunset (even though he never got a title). I can't imagine how crazy that crowd would be.

Trying to figure out how I am going to watch this race and football. Normally I would just record it and watch it at night, but my Broncos play the night game and I know they will run that stupid ticker on the bottom and that will show who won the race. This is a big problem i must say.

Users who are viewing this thread