What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

If you say "boss" or "chief" one more time... (1 Viewer)

Ok, Skipper.
I'm talking about anybody in a serving industry. Waiters, bartenders, even the college aged cart guys at my golf course. Somebody told them that saying Chief or Boss will get you bigger tips. Worst advice ever.  It's our job to teach these young ens'. From now on I'm going to stop them every time and tell them how that's really received. I'm doing th Lord's work here. Thank me later

What I do is just call people Jeff or Sally like I know them.  You'd be surprised how many people don't even correct me.  :shrug:

"Hey Sally, any chance my steak is ready before the Chinese New Year?"

1. She thinks I think her name is Sally so when I complain to the manager, I blame it on Sally

2. I didn't order the steak

3. She has no idea when the Chinese New Year is

:championship:

What I do is just call people Jeff or Sally like I know them.  You'd be surprised how many people don't even correct me.  :shrug:

"Hey Sally, any chance my steak is ready before the Chinese New Year?"

1. She thinks I think her name is Sally so when I complain to the manager, I blame it on Sally

2. I didn't order the steak

3. She has no idea when the Chinese New Year is

:championship:
You be a member of #Mind####!  :ph34r:

No worry DD, I not make your MF go limp...promise!  :thumbup:

However, be wary of the fourth rule...

...Sally may be pack'in serious heat of her own...

..just never know... :shrug:

:)

I'm talking about anybody in a serving industry. Waiters, bartenders, even the college aged cart guys at my golf course. Somebody told them that saying Chief or Boss will get you bigger tips. Worst advice ever.  It's our job to teach these young ens'. From now on I'm going to stop them every time and tell them how that's really received. I'm doing th Lord's work here. Thank me later
The whole reason I will never set foot in Chili's again (other than the food) is my server asked "how's that queso treating you, boss?"

Last edited by a moderator:
You could go retro and start reinstalling "feller."

Not as bad as "son", but that is also the tell of all tells for nimrods, so has it's uses.

Last edited by a moderator:
On the female side when did it become Ok for young girls to call someone 20-30 years older than them Hon or Honey...I thought that was reserved for 65 year old ladies named Dottie or Marge...

The first time I ever had someone call me any of these passive ...or just aggressive ####-type names, it was on one of the first dates I had with my now wife of almost 30 years.  She was 3 years out of high school and we were at some kind of town festival in Cuyahoga Falls where she grew up.  

Some chunky ######## with his hat backwards (this is 1984 so he was a pioneering ########) came up to us and said something like "hey Barb, what's shakin - whose THIS guy?" ...and then proceeded to get pretty close to my face with the greeting, "how ya doin' chief?" in his best intimidation face and trying to crush my hand with his handshake.  Guy went out with her a couple of times in HS.  

I immediately felt a wave of hate coming over me.  I just gritted my teeth and said "pretty good ACE."  I don't remember much else, other than still obsessing at times about wanting to sucker-punch that fat, ##### bag face.    

The first time I ever had someone call me any of these passive ...or just aggressive ####-type names, it was on one of the first dates I had with my now wife of almost 30 years.  She was 3 years out of high school and we were at some kind of town festival in Cuyahoga Falls where she grew up.  

Some chunky ######## with his hat backwards (this is 1984 so he was a pioneering ########) came up to us and said something like "hey Barb, what's shakin - whose THIS guy?" ...and then proceeded to get pretty close to my face with the greeting, "how ya doin' chief?" in his best intimidation face and trying to crush my hand with his handshake.  Guy went out with her a couple of times in HS.  

I immediately felt a wave of hate coming over me.  I just gritted my teeth and said "pretty good ACE."  I don't remember much else, other than still obsessing at times about wanting to sucker-punch that fat, ##### bag face.    
who is, who's

Signed
Ace

Users who are viewing this thread