What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Amazon dilemna - Update (1 Viewer)

What do I do?

• Email Amazon and tell them 1st order arrived

Votes: 26 45.6%
  • Stop posting, Willie

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Don't do anything and enjoy free $60 worth of coffee

Votes: 9 15.8%
  • Post nudes of wife, Willie

Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Refuse 2nd order at door and tell delivery guy what happened

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • GoldenPlane

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • Email Amazon again after 2nd delivery and say it didn't show

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Give first order to shelter

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Willie Neslon

Footballguy
Ordered about $60 worth of delicious coffee 8 days ago with Prime. Coffee showed delivered but never reached our door. I sent an email Friday saying didn't get coffee and shady stuff had happened in past with Amazon carrier but never with UPS or USPS. They respond quick with apology and free replacement order. New order is coming tomorrow. "Lost" order magically appeared at door this morning. What do I do?

UPDATE: Hold on, an error has been made. The package that arrived yesterday morning WAS the replacement. It came a day early. I assumed because the delivery was scheduled to arrive on Monday that the package there on Sunday morning must be the first shipment. In other words the original package is still lost somewhere, no freebee after all. Kinda feel gypped in a weird way. I guess I'm happy I didn't follow the advice in the poll as maybe they tell me to return it and I'd be coffee-less and out 60 bucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Email amazon and tell them that the 1st order finally did arrive, and let them decide what to do. If they want it back they will pay for the postage, so no harm no foul. Most likely though, they will just tell you to keep it, and your karma will be in balance. 

If your conscious bothers you, give them a call and let them know.  They will likely just say to enjoy the other shipment for your trouble.  

It's happened to me a couple of times over the past several years.  

My wife worked for Amazon  customer support a couple years ago.  At that time company policy was that food products werent to be returned when there was an issue.  Ive heard some CRAZY stories about expensive stuff Amazon has let people keep (Including computers).... Last Christmas I ordered some toys for the grand kids and got 2 winter coats and a pair of shoes (retail value over $300) instead.  They next day aired me the correct order and told me to keep the coats and shoes.  I found family members who were quite happy Amazon gave them nicer Christmas presents than me.  

You could just reject the second package if you don't want to go through the hassles of sending it back.  However--there is a chance that amazon would just tell you to keep both packages if you emailed them explaining them what happened. 

Ordered about $60 worth of delicious coffee 8 days ago with Prime. Coffee showed delivered but never reached our door. I sent an email Friday saying didn't get coffee and shady stuff had happened in past with Amazon carrier but never with UPS or USPS. They respond quick with apology and free replacement order. New order is coming tomorrow. "Lost" order magically appeared at door this morning. What do I do?
This has happened several times to me and each time I contacted Amazon and was told to keep the product. Now these were not super expensive items (under $50 if memory serves me) so keep that in mind. 

This has happened several times to me and each time I contacted Amazon and was told to keep the product. Now these were not super expensive items (under $50 if memory serves me) so keep that in mind. 
I have emailed in the past about getting expired items and they told me to keep it (thanks) and refunded the order. I'm leaning toward not doing anything.

This happened to me before when DHL was on strike.  Just keep it.

Hold on, an error has been made. The package that arrived yesterday morning WAS the replacement. It came a day early. I assumed because the delivery was scheduled to arrive on Monday that the package there on Sunday morning must be the first shipment. In other words the original package is still lost somewhere, no freebee after all. Kinda feel gypped in a weird way. I guess I'm happy I didn't follow the advice in the poll as maybe they tell me to return it and I'd be coffee-less and out 60 bucks.

Hold on, an error has been made. The package that arrived yesterday morning WAS the replacement. It came a day early. I assumed because the delivery was scheduled to arrive on Monday that the package there on Sunday morning must be the first shipment. In other words the original package is still lost somewhere, no freebee after all. Kinda feel gypped in a weird way. I guess I'm happy I didn't follow the advice in the poll as maybe they tell me to return it and I'd be coffee-less and out 60 bucks.

Let us know if the replacement order is similarly "lost"

Please refrain from the culturally insensitive terms going forward.

YIC,

Users who are viewing this thread