What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

POLL CLOSED Player #16 Community Dynasty Rankings (1 Viewer)

Who would you rank 16th in a 12 team dynasty league, QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/K/DEF PPR with standard sc

• Total voters

Brisco54

Footballguy
Sammy Watkins takes the third pick of the 2d round (15th overall), but with 25 of 100 votes.  Once againt every single voting option (except other) received some votes.    That poll/thread can be viewed here: https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/754214-player-15-community-dynasty-rankings/

HOW TO ADD PLAYERS TO THE LIST

First, you can add a name to the current poll by clicking Other and telling me who you think is better than all players on the current list.  (Please tell me that you clicked the other button in the reply... not just the name of your nominee)

Second, in rounds where no one has clicked the other button to add a player, I will add a single player nominated in the comments.  This will be the player with the most support to be added in the comments (total users nominating that player)... in the event of a tie, it will go to the player first nominated in the comments.

Andrew Luck, Pick 1.3 and Alshon Jefferey all received exactly one nomination to be added to the list in the comments to the last poll.  Since its a tie, the winner is the first nominated, Andrew Luck.

This will keep the voting options at 10, which is a good number.  

Time to pick #16

Standings

1.1.  Odell Beckham

1.2.  Ezekiel Elliot

1.3.  Mike Evans

1.4.  David Johnson

1.5.  LeVeon Bell

1.6.  Antonio Brown

1.7.  Julio Jones

1.8.  Amari Cooper

1.9.  AJ Green

1.10.  (Tie) Deandre Hopkins

& Rookie Pick 1.1

1.12.  Todd Gurley

Round 2

2.1 Rookie Pick 1.2

2.2 Allen Robinson

2.3  Sammy Watkins

Last edited by a moderator:
Once Gronk goes, Reed should be added to the poll.  

Otherwise, Rodgers should probably have the chance to compete with Luck for votes.

As far as nominations to be added to the the list, we have two unsuccessful carry overs from last round:

Pick 1.3 and Alshon Jeffrey each have one total nomination.

You can share in these nominations or suggest a third player to be added.

Thanks,

Brisco

As far as nominations to be added to the the list, we have two unsuccessful carry overs from last round:

Pick 1.3 and Alshon Jeffrey each have one total nomination.
Appreciate you doing this but as I said in the previous post, when a pick goes it should automatically put the next pick up. No request needed. I'm not even going to vote on this since I'd vote 1.3.

I voted for Gronkowski here although once again I find it difficult to not vote for Hilton.

I agree with what others are saying that when the top player of a position wins, you should plan to add the next highest player at the position to the next poll. You do have 14 slots available besides the other option, where the 3 players recently nominated could be added, and Aaron Rodgers has been suggested now as well.

Thanks for doing the polls Brisco and I am not trying to create extra work for you at all. I don't think that is other peoples intentions either, they just see having these options available as helping ensure the quality of the poll data, which I think we all want.

Appreciate you doing this but as I said in the previous post, when a pick goes it should automatically put the next pick up. No request needed. I'm not even going to vote on this since I'd vote 1.3.
Just vote other and write in pick 3 specifying you voted other and he'll add it. That said I agree with you about how the next pick should be added automatically one the last puck on the board is selected. 

I voted for Gronkowski here although once again I find it difficult to not vote for Hilton.

I agree with what others are saying that when the top player of a position wins, you should plan to add the next highest player at the position to the next poll. You do have 14 slots available besides the other option, where the 3 players recently nominated could be added, and Aaron Rodgers has been suggested now as well.

Thanks for doing the polls Brisco and I am not trying to create extra work for you at all. I don't think that is other peoples intentions either, they just see having these options available as helping ensure the quality of the poll data, which I think we all want.
Precisely. Well put.

Just vote other and write in pick 3 specifying you voted other and he'll add it. That said I agree with you about how the next pick should be added automatically one the last puck on the board is selected. 
Good suggestion though I don't think Other ever stands a chance.

But I voted Other and that Other is for pick 1.3.

Pick 1.3 has been added as an option and your pick applied.

Other now applies to picks other than 1.3 (and the rest of the options)

If anyone has already voted and wants to switch their vote to 1.3, please let me know in a reply.  There are only 15 total votes at this point, and one is me and one is a vote for 1.3 so the other 13 of you can switch if you like.  (FYI, no need to fear someone trying to skew the poll by claiming to switch to 1.3 when they never voted for someone else... I have a list of those 13 eligible to change their vote to 1.3)

Thanks,

Brisco

I'm actually surprised anyone would take the 1.03 over any of the players listed. While I think this is a strong draft class, we're talking some consistently big producers still left on the board.

If I offered up the 1.03 for anyone, outside of maybe Landry, I'd expect to be instantly rejected.

For those that went with 1.03- I'm curious to hear whom you are targeting. My best guess is that Cook and Fournette will be off the board at that point- but I could be wrong. 

I'm actually surprised anyone would take the 1.03 over any of the players listed. While I think this is a strong draft class, we're talking some consistently big producers still left on the board.

If I offered up the 1.03 for anyone, outside of maybe Landry, I'd expect to be instantly rejected.
Agreed.  I like Davis and Williams but I'd take 6 players listed over the pick, even if I'm building. 

That said, keep it listed just to see how many people value it this high. 

I agree that the next pick should automatically be added.  Same for the top player of a recently chosen position.  Otherwise these can't go back to back.  IE we don't actually know where 1.2 should have gone.  No one was nominating 1.2 for #10 because 1.1 was available.  Then 1.1 gets chosen and the next poll comes up, but you can't vote for 1.2 (except using the other option which is never going to win) until you nominate it, meaning it's now not an option until #12 even though it might have won at #11.  Same goes for next player at the winner's position.  Maybe Reed would get chosen right after Gronk, but it's not possible for the polls to work out that way because getting Reed onto the poll takes an extra turn after Gronk was picked.

All that said, it's a bit insane that people are voting for 1.3 here.  Gotta be one of the most overrated picks ever.  People have falsely equivalated this year's top tier WRs as strong because they're the top tier WRs in a strong draft class.  But top tier WRs is one of the few places where this year's draft class is mediocre/weak.  It's a strong class because the top tier RBs are strong, the RB depth is strong, the WR depth is strong, and the TEs are strong/deep.  None of those have any affect on the top tier WRs.

Davis/Williams are Corey Coleman type prospects.  They don't belong with a lot of the guys still on the list.

All that said, it's a bit insane that people are voting for 1.3 here.  Gotta be one of the most overrated picks ever.  People have falsely equivalated this year's top tier WRs as strong because they're the top tier WRs in a strong draft class.  But top tier WRs is one of the few places where this year's draft class is mediocre/weak.  It's a strong class because the top tier RBs are strong, the RB depth is strong, the WR depth is strong, and the TEs are strong/deep.  None of those have any affect on the top tier WRs.

Davis/Williams are Corey Coleman type prospects.  They don't belong with a lot of the guys still on the list.
Agreed, although the receivers are deep, the top isn't elite.  (If I had 1.03, I'd trade down rather easily)

Which would be me and I of course strongly disagree  with so much of this.

You've said in a few posts how mediocore the top WR's are in relation to pick 3 and I'll start with saying I think you are mistaken to assume Cook and Fournette are some kind of 1/2 lock. I know I've got 1 and 2 in some leagues and am 100% not ruling out Davis or Williams and I'm sure I'm not alone. 1.3 does not equal WR to me as it seems to for you but if a WR is the best position available I'm certainly good with it.

I don't view Mike Williams or Corey Davis as Coleman type prospects. Williams only had to come out last season to be #1 WR last season and I'd rate both Williams and Davis easily over any WR from last season and as it relates to Coleman for sure a chance to have a lot better landing spot.  This duo is more Cooper/White than Coleman/Docston/Treadwell. That's what this draft feels like to me with respect to the top 4, that 2015 draft where we had Gurley,Gordon, Cooper and White as almost consensus top 4 and while Gurley and Cooper went 1 or 2 more than the other two I saw a fair share of Gordon and White in top two as well.

I'd add I put 1.3 well over 1.4 right now because I got a buffer of sorts, protected if combine/landing spot make one of the big 4 unattractive. So where most people might have a gap between 2 and 3 or 4 and 5 in terms of tier drop in value for me it's between picks 3 and 4 right now.

I'm a man on an island so far with pick 1.3 but my second choice would have been Michael Thomas which would have put me on an island of two. I'm good with all of this.

Now for me putting someone like Dez Bryant this high boggles my mind. This might be where he gets into discussion in redraft but yes being 28 and turning 29 in season does impact value to me at least. Otherwise I'd have voted Hilton here over 1.3 because he's younger and I think better than Dez right now.

Good suggestion though I don't think Other ever stands a chance.

But I voted Other and that Other is for pick 1.3.
Can you please explain what you are complaining about? Within minutes of you selecting other and posting this, 1.3 became a separate named option and your vote was recorded for 1.3.  Folks who had already voted were given the option to switch.

Still nominating Jeffery for this round 
A bit confused.  Are you saying that you want to vote for Jeffrey in this poll?  Select Other and he gets added.

I agree that the next pick should automatically be added.  Same for the top player of a recently chosen position.  Otherwise these can't go back to back.  IE we don't actually know where 1.2 should have gone.  No one was nominating 1.2 for #10 because 1.1 was available.  Then 1.1 gets chosen and the next poll comes up, but you can't vote for 1.2 (except using the other option which is never going to win) until you nominate it, meaning it's now not an option until #12 even though it might have won at #11.  Same goes for next player at the winner's position.  Maybe Reed would get chosen right after Gronk, but it's not possible for the polls to work out that way because getting Reed onto the poll takes an extra turn after Gronk was picked.
So do I add Reed, Kelce, or Hunter Henry?  

You want Reed hit Other and the I add Reed IMMEDIATeLY.

Anyone gets to add to the list whenever they want... Meno wanted 1.3 so he clicked Other and posted he was voting for 1.3 and within minutes 1.3 gets added as an option.

There is no 2 round delay.  Heck... If you think 1.6 is more valuable than 1.3, I won't judge... Just click Other and post you want 1.6 and I have to add it.

Guys don't you see that if I had 100 options, folks would still be complaining about players not included?

Everyone please stop arguing for players to be included in a given poll unless they would have earned your personal vote in that specific poll.  If that is the case, you can add the player immediately. Every time I get an Other vote and a posting telling who it is for, I immediately edit the poll adding that player/pick as a specific named option, just like I did for Meno by adding 1.3 to this poll.

That's all it takes folks.  Click other and tell me who and I add them immediately.

I do not agree that I should use up all of the available slots with whatever players I think are the top options.  I must keep lots of slots available so that anyone can add their choice at any time by..... you guessed it... clicking other.

Can you please explain what you are complaining about? Within minutes of you selecting other and posting this, 1.3 became a separate named option and your vote was recorded for 1.3.  Folks who had already voted were given the option to switch.
Chill out. I don't think I was complaining but offering a suggestion.

You do realize that I left that post before you offered 1.3 as a vote? I mean you say within minutes but I'm not exactly from the future, it's not like I knew in a few minutes you were going to change the voting? I don't know where you are coming from with all of this to be honest.

A bit confused.  Are you saying that you want to vote for Jeffrey in this poll?  Select Other and he gets added.
Nope nominating him for inclusion in the poll. Like I did last time around in prior poll.

Chill out. I don't think I was complaining but offering a suggestion.

You do realize that I left that post before you offered 1.3 as a vote? I mean you say within minutes but I'm not exactly from the future, it's not like I knew in a few minutes you were going to change the voting? I don't know where you are coming from with all of this to be honest.
My bad, Meno.  Apologies.

Now for me putting someone like Dez Bryant this high boggles my mind. This might be where he gets into discussion in redraft but yes being 28 and turning 29 in season does impact value to me at least. Otherwise I'd have voted Hilton here over 1.3 because he's younger and I think better than Dez right now.
A player like Dez, will likely perform at a top level until he's 32, and then still have a few valuable years left after that (i.e. Boldin, Fitzpatrick) - and the good thing about taking him is if you felt like you could no longer compete you could always trade him for a first rounder anyway or even a guy like Davis or Williams if they get off to a slow start during their careers. I'm fairly sure in most leagues a rebuilding team could get a guy like Kevin White or Corey Coleman for Dez from a contender rather easily.

Obviously all leagues and owners are different - and of course we all value players differently) - but I just think you could get quite a bit added to the 1.03 for Dez right now.

But even leaving Dez out, Hilton, Thomas, Cooks, Freeman, Gordon, Allen, Luck and Gronk are all still very young and have a proven track record (to different degrees) of being highly productive. Why take the risk of drafting a bust at this point in the draft? 

Yeah, pick 3 at this point wouldn't even be a consideration.  Not for a while.  Passing on proven guys in their primes with a good 5 years left??  Fort he 3rd rookie? 

I just can't see it.

Well these things are quickly losing value to me with 1.02 going 13 and 1.03 actually getting votes.
Hankmoody, I think you misunderstand the purpose of these polls.  They show current market value... not the correct answer.

Therefore, if you see that 1.2 or 1.3 are going way too early in these polls, it means that the market value of these picks is much higher than you think it should be.  If you possess either pick, than this poll tells you its time to sell (unless they might even go higher as we approach the draft).  Conversely, it might be a good time to add those players being pushed down the polls by the inclusion of those picks.  For example, maybe you are surprised Hilton lasted this long, so now is the time to make and offer for him.

Hankmoody, I think you misunderstand the purpose of these polls.  They show current market value... not the correct answer.

Therefore, if you see that 1.2 or 1.3 are going way too early in these polls, it means that the market value of these picks is much higher than you think it should be.  If you possess either pick, than this poll tells you its time to sell (unless they might even go higher as we approach the draft).  Conversely, it might be a good time to add those players being pushed down the polls by the inclusion of those picks.  For example, maybe you are surprised Hilton lasted this long, so now is the time to make and offer for him.
I already know there are outliers in the trade market, and I already actively seek those out.  I have already traded from 1.03 to 1.01 for a minimal price.  My point is that the problem with mocks is that people do things they normally wouldn't, and are projecting the heck out of those rookie picks in particular.  It's not reflective of the macro view.

This isn't an attack on you, this is a great thing you're doing and the effort is appreciated.  It's just that, for me, I don't see these being realistic. Other people are clearly getting something out of it so I encourage you to keep it going, I will just adjust how I use the info is all.

So do I add Reed, Kelce, or Hunter Henry?  

You want Reed hit Other and the I add Reed IMMEDIATeLY.

Anyone gets to add to the list whenever they want... Meno wanted 1.3 so he clicked Other and posted he was voting for 1.3 and within minutes 1.3 gets added as an option.

There is no 2 round delay.  Heck... If you think 1.6 is more valuable than 1.3, I won't judge... Just click Other and post you want 1.6 and I have to add it.
:bag:

I mis-read how that works.  My mistake, carry on with the good work  :thumbup:

I already know there are outliers in the trade market, and I already actively seek those out.  I have already traded from 1.03 to 1.01 for a minimal price.  My point is that the problem with mocks is that people do things they normally wouldn't, and are projecting the heck out of those rookie picks in particular.  It's not reflective of the macro view.

This isn't an attack on you, this is a great thing you're doing and the effort is appreciated.  It's just that, for me, I don't see these being realistic. Other people are clearly getting something out of it so I encourage you to keep it going, I will just adjust how I use the info is all.
I think 1.3 might still qualify as outliers since it has only 2 votes, but 1.2 got 21% of the vote to win the 13th slot.  If you remove ARob, who won the 14th slot, then you see Watkins with a more significant margin of victory in the 15th poll.  That tells me that the current market value for 1.2 is pretty solidly between the 13th and the 15th pick.  While I think this is an overreaction to Elliot's success, it does reflect the general consensus.

Users who are viewing this thread