What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

1.07 in predraft draft (1 Viewer)

Snorkelson

Footballguy
12, ppr, 1/2/3/1/1/1/1

We draft 2 weeks before the NFL draft. We can talk about whether or not you like this idea in another thread. I own the 1.07, and as I mock this out I won't get any of my top guys there. The top 4 will be clear cut, and then i imagine it will be a little unpredictable. Best player available may be mixon; I'm nervous about taking him though without knowing what is in store for him. Maybe I shouldn't be, or maybe I'll get a trade offer if he's there when I'm on the clock. I could also just simply pass on him and take the next guy on my list. How would you feel about drafting mixon predraft?

I would take the risk. I think he will get drafted (maybe day 2 or 3, but by some team that thinks they can handle the negative publicity storm. Even if he doesn't get drafted, but like LeGarrette Blount (who was considered damaged goods) somebody will take a chance on him.

But this goes with my philosophy, which is you win fantasy championships by taking risks, not by playing it safe. I struck out once with a 2nd round pick on Maurice Clarett but I would roll the dice again, particularly with a player like Mixon.

I would take the risk. I think he will get drafted (maybe day 2 or 3, but by some team that thinks they can handle the negative publicity storm. Even if he doesn't get drafted, but like LeGarrette Blount (who was considered damaged goods) somebody will take a chance on him.

But this goes with my philosophy, which is you win fantasy championships by taking risks, not by playing it safe. I struck out once with a 2nd round pick on Maurice Clarett but I would roll the dice again, particularly with a player like Mixon.
Add this to your calculations:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/12147/joe-mixon

Longtime NFL draft analyst Tony Pauline doesn't believe Oklahoma RB Joe Mixon will be selected in April's draft.

Pauline says Mixon could fall out of the draft "for obvious reasons." It only takes one team, of course, but Mixon is going to be viewed as toxic by a number of front offices after he assaulted a young girl in 2014. Pauline acknowledges Mixon is talented enough on the field to warrant a first-round grade.

Feb 20 - 4:25 PM

Source: Draft Analyst

One area scout assigned to Oklahoma told MMQB's Albert Breer that Sooners RB Joe Mixon is well liked by people at the university.
Mixon's character is a major concern after he was caught slugging a girl in the face at age 18. This anonymous scout suggests the punch may have been a one-time mistake and/or something Mixon has learned from. "It needs to be the right market, a team that can handle the onslaught, the right PR staff, because you’ll have to weather the storm," said the scout regarding the team that drafts Mixon. "But the guy the Chiefs drafted [Tyreek Hill], Joe Mixon isn’t half the d-----bag that guy was. You’d have to search to find people that don’t like him. Maybe the parking-lot attendant. Everyone there loves him. And I believe them." Feb 10 - 1:36 PM

Source: MMQB

Oklahoma RB Joe Mixon was not invited to the NFL Combine.
The NFL recently instituted a policy preventing any college prospects with history of domestic violence from participating at the Combine. Mixon punched a young girl early in his college career, and it was caught on video. He was suspended for an entire year by the University of Oklahoma before Bob Stoops gave Mixon a second chance. The inability to perform in front of NFL scouts and interview with personnel evaluators will hurt Mixon's draft stock. Feb 3 - 4:06 PM

USA Today reports teams have a first-round grade on Oklahoma RB Joe Mixon.
Mixon has first round talent but is going to be off a lot of draftboards for his off-field baggage. It's possible he falls to Day 3 in a deep running back class. Where Mixon lands will be one of the top storylines leading to the draft. Jan 28 - 5:04 PM

Source: USA Today

I think a lot depends on make up of your present roster.  As much as RB turns over I am becoming more and more less likely to reach for RB in any draft if I think there is a very good option at QB, WR or TE.  If your clear need is RB I can see considering Mixon.  If you need WR or TE help I might consider those positions.  I haven't heard enough good about the QB spot in this draft to consider that.

I have 1.5 and 1.7 this year but we draft in June. Im eyeing Mixon but pre-draft would be tough.

I am leaning towards McCaffrey in that spot if available. I think his floor is pretty high for that spot. I think he will produce and be a contributor anywhere he lands. Because I don't think he will be the bell cow, his spot isn't as important as some of the every down guys.

Help me out Snorkelson? I always appreciate your input!

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/754298-dynasty-trade-make-a-deal-for-gurley/

Users who are viewing this thread