What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

You vs. Verne (1 Viewer)

Hilts

Footballguy
How many Verne Troyer clones could you take on in a cage match? No weapons. As @Henry Fordpointed out, since they can't run their ability to bumrush you is severely limited. I think once you get to a dozen of these guys you start having problems. 

How many Verne Troyer clones could you take on in a cage match? No weapons. As @Henry Fordpointed out, since they can't run their ability to bumrush you is severely limited. I think once you get to a dozen of these guys you start having problems. 
Oh, well, cage match changes things somewhat.  Yeah, I think a dozen or so would start causing issues, even with limited mobility.  No cage, I think you could basically just fight as many as you could punch until falling down from exhaustion.

Could take out each with a swift kick to the head.

could take them out endlessly until I drop from exhaustion

Could take out each with a swift kick to the head.

could take them out endlessly until I drop from exhaustion
I think in a clearing or just wide open space, absolutely.  But in a cage match, at some point you'd be overwhelmed by sheer numbers.  You get 8-10 Troyers around you, you can't even wind up for a kick.

I think in a clearing or just wide open space, absolutely.  But in a cage match, at some point you'd be overwhelmed by sheer numbers.  You get 8-10 Troyers around you, you can't even wind up for a kick.
Not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog. I think this roughly applies to multiple Vern's.

I don't think a dozen Vernes matters.

At best you would only have to face 4-5 at a time - the rest would not be able to reach you past the initial ring of vernes.

Just pick one up by the feet and start swinging him around

At best you would only have to face 4-5 at a time - the rest would not be able to reach you past the initial ring of vernes.

:cry: :lmao:

The visual of this is just...awesome.

Once you get dizzy, you might regret having done that. 

Henry Ford said:
Im concerned about the bodies piling up. Will the corpses be removed after a certain amount or build up until I can climb out of the cage and take it backstage?

I've seen him in person. Easily 15-20 of them. I'd charge through them and then start stomping heads and swinging my fists at anything that moved.  :gang2:

Don't forget the cage lets you take the fight vertical. Can Verne even climb?  If he can, can he fight effectively while holding onto the cage?  I'm guessing not.

Could spend a lot of time clinging to the wall just out of reach other than when you are kicking at a head.

Clarifications please.

Are dwarfs a weapon?  Can I swing one as a cudgel?

If they bring scooters to the fight can I use those scooters as well, and with or without limitation?

Are there rounds in the fight, time to clean the little buggers from the treads of my boots every three minutes or so, not that things would last that long?

Am I allowed to wear a cup? - This is most important. 

Technically the cage is a weapon. At least I would use it as a weapon.

Something like this but inside the cage. Would be alot of fun.

Remember when that poor ******* got drunk on "The Surreal Life" got naked, drove around on his scooter, pissed on the floor, fell off his scooter?!@#?!?#!

Good times man

Sinn Fein said:

Unless multiple Vernes start throwing others in your direction. Airborne Vernes could cause serious problems if you're already kicking away the swarm. 

Don't forget the cage lets you take the fight vertical. Can Verne even climb?  If he can, can he fight effectively while holding onto the cage?  I'm guessing not.

Could spend a lot of time clinging to the wall just out of reach other than when you are kicking at a head.
That's what I was thinking. Maybe 2-3 can get close to you and one swift kick to the head or knock them down and you will incapacitate a bunch of them. Once you do that and have enough stunned or dead, you go to the one Verne in each hand and bash the others' heads in until the ones in your hands are the consistency of jelly with broken bones. Then you pick up two more Vernes and polish off the rest. Carnage everywhere. If a Verne moves on the ground, one stomp and you move on.

Vern Schilinger would beat me to a pulp using the leg he bit off of my torso with one arm tied behind his back and the other in full salute 

Last edited by a moderator:

This is actually a great point.  I would imagine that the Vernes would have a great deal of trouble fighting while clinging.  

This is actually a great point.  I would imagine that the Vernes would have a great deal of trouble fighting while clinging.  
This assumes that these endless Vern's aren't also capable of logic.  They could make a Vern pyramid/ramp and jettison multiple Verns at you from behind cover while you were attempting to King Kong it from the top of the cage.  No need to attempt to cling at all if they escalate the arms race, so to speak, and had Vernapults/whatever.

To say nothing about what happens if they go all "rat king" on yo' a$$, and come at you with a 7-headed Vern with 14 arms that's now 9 feet tall?

Last edited by a moderator:
This assumes that these endless Vern's aren't also capable of logic.  They could make a Vern pyramid/ramp and jettison multiple Verns at you from behind cover while you were attempting to King Kong it from the top of the cage.  No need to attempt to cling at all if they escalate the arms race, so to speak, and had Vernapults/whatever.
If Verns attempted to form a human pyramid, they would all die by their own hands.  There's no way the base of that thing can support more than 1 or 2 Vernes.

If Verns attempted to form a human pyramid, they would all die by their own hands.  There's no way the base of that thing can support more than 1 or 2 Vernes.
He only weights 50-55 pounds?  They can at least get 3, maybe 4 Verns involved there.  It's sorta like an ant....just because they're small doesn't mean they're not strong.  So, those 4 Verns form the base for another Vern to be launched off of using some kind of giant rubber band(or something).

Also, do these Verns have their Larks/Hoverounds, or no?  That ups the ante in Verns favor too, if so.  Could fit them with antipersonnel devices.  Or just whizz off them.  That'd at least slow most people down a bit.

He only weights 50-55 pounds?  They can at least get 3, maybe 4 Verns involved there.  It's sorta like an ant....just because they're small doesn't mean they're not strong.  So, those 4 Verns form the base for another Vern to be launched off of using some kind of giant rubber band(or something).

Also, do these Verns have their Larks/Hoverounds, or no?  That ups the ante in Verns favor too, if so.  Could fit them with antipersonnel devices.  Or just whizz off them.  That'd at least slow most people down a bit.
Exhibit A

Users who are viewing this thread