What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Corey Davis, Retired (1 Viewer)

CBS blurb

Titans coach Mike Mularkey acknowledged that Davis is dealing with a hamstring injury, freelance sports writer John Glennon reports.

Davis returned to Sunday's 37-16 win over Jacksonville after suffering the injury, but he finished with only one catch for four yards on three targets. His ability to play through the issue suggests it isn't too serious, but it sounds as if he'll still be on the injury report ahead of a difficult Week 3 matchup with the Seahawks. The Titans may be pressed for depth if Davis isn't ready, as fellow rookie wideout Taywan Taylor suffered an ankle injury during Sunday's win. Taylor also returned to the game.

Glennon writes for the Titans and FanRag

That some early 200 roto work to be able to diagnose Taylor from a quote on Davis. Taylor is fine BTW

I've been getting lots of low ball offers lately, I own him everywhere in my dynasty leagues so I can't buy low.  But if there's a frustrated owner might be able to buy low on him.

So far the rest of my WR corps has held up well enough that I can afford the luxury of keeping him on the end of my bench. I just hope he's back in time for when the byes really start to kick in.

Last edited by a moderator:
He was dropped in my 12 team standard league.  Do I need to stash him?  If so who should I drop?

QB: Brady

RB:  Gordon, Kamara

WR:  OBJ, D. Adams, D. Parker

TE:  Brate

Flex:  Cohen

Bench:  Pryor, W. Fuller, Lacy, Smallwood, C. Clement, T. West

steelwind said:
He was dropped in my 12 team standard league.  Do I need to stash him?  If so who should I drop?

Clement or west, IMO

steelwind said:

I’d have him over anyone except maybe Pryor. 

had to drop him for a backup TE with Gronk out last night...hoping to pick him back up after the weekend...one good thing is that Davis won't be playing so he may fly under the radar....

It's not a lot but some positive news is better than none:

Jim Wyatt‏Verified account @jwyattsports 37m37 minutes ago

Mularkey said @TheCDavis84 is ahead of @cyp in recovery from hamstring injury @Titans

It's not a lot but some positive news is better than none:

Jim Wyatt‏Verified account @jwyattsports 37m37 minutes ago

Mularkey said @TheCDavis84 is ahead of @cyp in recovery from hamstring injury @Titans
Thanks.  At this point I will take it.

2 glorious matchups left before the bye with Indy (MNF) and Cle.  After the week 8 bye is probably more realistic at this point though.

No way I drop Clement this week. Smallwood is dinged up and might not play, Clement could see a nice uptick in touches and continue to earn a bigger role. 

Thanks.  At this point I will take it.

2 glorious matchups left before the bye with Indy (MNF) and Cle.  After the week 8 bye is probably more realistic at this point though.
I think the bolded is accurate. He's not even started running yet so he has no shot of being ready in week 6 IMO and unless he's 100% for week 7 I just don't see how they can risk another setback.  I'm managing my rosters on assumption he's good to go for week 9, not available until.

He's actually grown in value to me since he's been out due a variety of factors ranging from Decker no longer being viewed as major comp for targets and inconsistency with the running game. They absolutely need what he can provide them.

Seems like they should sit Davis and Mariota until the bye. Titans aren’t exactly known for brilliant strategy, though. 

I think the bolded is accurate. He's not even started running yet so he has no shot of being ready in week 6 IMO and unless he's 100% for week 7 I just don't see how they can risk another setback.  I'm managing my rosters on assumption he's good to go for week 9, not available until.

He's actually grown in value to me since he's been out due a variety of factors ranging from Decker no longer being viewed as major comp for targets and inconsistency with the running game. They absolutely need what he can provide them.
Agree with that.  Decker and even Taylor seemed to be major threats to his targets, but even in a time of need neither has been a factor.  Davis is gonna get fed when he gets in.

From a dynasty perspective, I certainly really prefer Davis to mike williams, but all the hate levied on williams about missing time and no one says anything about davis who's missed tons of time since being drafted and all the pre draft?

Titansonline's Jim Wyatt reports Corey Davis (hamstring) doesn't have a timetable to return.

Davis has been an early rule out the last three games. He hasn't practice since his Week 1 setback and is likely at least another week away from returning. Davis could be held out through Tennessee's Week 8 bye.

Source: titansonline.com 

Oct 7 - 7:55 PM

I'd jettison him but our league rules allow one keeper for the next year and he's eligible based on draft round.  Be nice to get some love this year tho.

Hankmoody said:
Agree with that.  Decker and even Taylor seemed to be major threats to his targets, but even in a time of need neither has been a factor.  Davis is gonna get fed when he gets in.
Decker has been poor. I think it's a comfort thing. He clearly has issues getting open and doesn't have a rapport with Mariota. MM8 spends an awful lot of time looking at Decker but he's not getting it done. Many of the throws look forced. Taylor is like the 5th or 6th option and barely getting looks. Robiske needs to pull Decker and put Taylor in his spot. The TEs and RBs can play the slot role for plays here n there if need be. One or two games of Decker in more of a part-time role could help him get comfy. 80%+ of the snaps is too much for a guy struggling. 50-60%. 

Taylor was to be a key sub and would be used more. He isn't. Their offense has been stagnant and he's a human spark plug. There should have been this healthy rotation, but it's been mostly Decker and Matthews. Adoree hasn't played a snap on offense also.

When Davis returns, I'm not so sure Decker is going to be a key asset anymore. 

I think he's a hold.  I see him as a better prospect than Mike Williams, who they say is returning this week.  Chargers have so many people to catch the ball.  Titans have Rishard Matthews and Delanie Walker. 

I'm sure one of Davis or Williams will blow up and have a great second half.  Just trying to figure out who though...  Right now my money is with Davis.

I think he's a hold.  I see him as a better prospect than Mike Williams, who they say is returning this week.  Chargers have so many people to catch the ball.  Titans have Rishard Matthews and Delanie Walker. 

I'm sure one of Davis or Williams will blow up and have a great second half.  Just trying to figure out who though...  Right now my money is with Davis.
Im hoping for a surprise full practice report tomorrow but not expecting it. 

I think Davis >>> Williams in redraft but I also don't expect to see Davis until after the week 8 bye. 

Been holding him and D. Henry since I can keep one next year if they remain on my roster all year...but these guys are really trying my patience as well tying down 2 important bench spots.  I'm gonna have to dump one sooner than later. :angry:

Ilov80s said:
This sucks. He's very good. Is this an OBJ type situation?
I am going to go with yes. His college tape is sick and his week 1 tape isn't bad at all considering he had no camp to speak of.

Cassell couldn't get him the ball anyway so we're not missing anything until Mariota comes back healthy. 

I am going to go with yes. His college tape is sick and his week 1 tape isn't bad at all considering he had no camp to speak of.

Cassell couldn't get him the ball anyway so we're not missing anything until Mariota comes back healthy. 
With you. One of the best college WRs I've ever seen. In redraft when is the time to buy?

I just picked him up as a stash. Hoping for the 2nd half of season immergence, after having lost OBJ. Got a decent crop of guys that I unfortunately can mix and match based on the weekly matchups.

Ilov80s said:
This sucks. He's very good. Is this an OBJ type situation?
Only time week tell of course, but this situation definitely reminds me that I wrote off Beckham at about this time his rookie year. Whoops.

Been holding him and D. Henry since I can keep one next year if they remain on my roster all year...but these guys are really trying my patience as well tying down 2 important bench spots.  I'm gonna have to dump one sooner than later. :angry:
Exact same position. Holding both but Davis would be the first to go.

I'm holding - just frustrated. Can't believe we lost him for 6 weeks...
Dynasty owner here and I'm THRILLED he's still being kept out. It's a hammy. Those almost invariably need a minimum of four weeks rest, and sometimes longer. Can't tell you the number of times over the years I've seen players dealing with this injury get trotted out too early only for them to aggravate the injury and go back to square one. Healthy and champing at the bit in week 9 after the bye week would be ideal. Patience, grasshopper. :)  

Gandalf said:
What the hell? Is he ever going to play again? How hurt is he exactly???
He can't get it right. I saw a video of him using this machine which is essentially a treadmill in water. It's just bad luck at this point. They've got him working with a nutritionist and in that anti-gravity environment. He should be healed up. He's just not. We see guys like Fuller over the years that heal up super quick as pro athletes. Sometimes we forget some are slower than others too. The anti-gravity environment is the best and safest way to treat a leg muscle injury and rehab, it defies about every prob one could think of, and...just not healed up.

Isaac Bruce had a ton of issues with hammies as a young WR. He also had an 1800 yard season then too. He married an olympic sprinter who helped him and the greatest show on turf Rams. The explosion of Olympic athletes is comparable to NFL skill position players. NFL teams used to stink at treating hammies but her and some of her Olympic trainer friends revamped the NFL's conditioning back then.

A few years ago, Chip Kelly unveiled this awesome new "sports science" machine that scans every player for heat and monitors them. Before a muscle is pulled, it often gets hot. When it shows up hot and prompts a warning, the Eagles could have a player stretch and stretch til the muscle cools down. Some teams have adopted some form of this technology.

The Titans and Preds purchased a 3D MRI machine. It's not like some common MRI we use at a hospital. They can literally see the muscle whenever they want.

Bruce's ex-wife really triggered some amazing developments as far as hamstring injury treatment, diagnosis, and prevention. The more ya read, the more it's like wow the NFL has come a long way in 20-25 years. It's still though that the bod needs to heal

Mularkey was asked if he hoped Davis could play next week and said he was. (This is being misreported as he may play and will play- as if Mularkey wouldn't be hopeful? Answer wasn't expected?)

He said they need the help and wouldn't sit him to get him extra time before the bye- shot down that theory

Dynasty owner here and I'm THRILLED he's still being kept out. It's a hammy. Those almost invariably need a minimum of four weeks rest, and sometimes longer. Can't tell you the number of times over the years I've seen players dealing with this injury get trotted out too early only for them to aggravate the injury and go back to square one. Healthy and champing at the bit in week 9 after the bye week would be ideal. Patience, grasshopper. :)  
Dontae Stallworth comes to mind. Hamstrings killed that guys career.

Users who are viewing this thread