What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SAMBUCOL - ANYONE? (1 Viewer)

otb_lifer

Footballguy
been grapplin' with one miserable mutha of a head cold for weeks ... now the sinuses have joined in - totally clogged nostril, headache, and ears clogged like a mo'

as far as OTC stuff goes, i refuse to take any of the usual suspects (Sudafed, etc) that can be used to cook freakin' Meth - i've had arrhythmia issues in the past, and have zero desire to poke that sleeping bear. 

so, whilst perusing the WONDERDRUG aisle today, i ran across this Sambucol - all natural, derived from the elderberry.  safe for everyone, with no known side effects - so, yeah, no palpatations coming my way. 

has anyone had any experience with this stuff?   

TIA 

Weeks? Antibiotic time. 
yeah,  had an upper resp/touch o'bronchitis few weeks ago ... did a week's course of one of the 'cylins, and got a clean bill of health. 

but my head feels like a ginormous phlegm vessel atm - haven't been this plugged up since the Garanimal days. 

btw - this #### ain't cheap: 20 freakin' balloons for the 'small' box.  have not taken yet, some homeopathic kook slammed this stuff as having a laxative like effect - and my ### gotta be on trains 'til at least five o'clock  :X

Gotta get the gealth intact before the booze.

Eta* your choice, just by way of caring.

Last edited by a moderator:
So you've been sick for weeks, believe what a "homeopathic kook" says. you refuse to go back to a doctor and don't want to take OTC medications?  Sure, go ahead and take something unproven to work, it's not like it matters.

So you've been sick for weeks, believe what a "homeopathic kook" says. you refuse to go back to a doctor and don't want to take OTC medications?  Sure, go ahead and take something unproven to work, it's not like it matters.
i've also cut back to barely two packs a day (and switched to lights) - can feel a wee spate of relief thanks to that ... and E-Z Glider's tip may just make this #### pull a Houdini overnight  :shrug:

You smoke 2 packs of cigarettes per day??  #### man, I wouldn't bother buying any medicine.  Ever!

You smoke 2 packs of cigarettes per day??  #### man, I wouldn't bother buying any medicine.  Ever!
pretty much this.

popping those antibiotics is only encouraging that super-resistant strain from eventually shutting me the #### down - yeah, no thanks :thumbdown:

i'll take my chances with Shaman-esque roots and berries, and Netti pots on 'roids - maybe a visit to Tor Eckman if things really go south. 

Go buy some colodial silver nose spray. Your welcome. It's a natural antibiotic that I use all the time for sinus infections. 

there was some cold/virus going around here earlier this winter that people had for 3-4 weeks. never-ending cough and congestion.

gllllllllllllllllll

otb you should know the colloidal silver is quackery.  But don't take my word for it, go look stuff up for yourself.  Just don't go to any freak websites please.

there was some cold/virus going around here earlier this winter that people had for 3-4 weeks. never-ending cough and congestion.

gllllllllllllllllll
On antibiotics for this now. I've been feeling like #### on and off since Christmas. Doc said he's seen a ton of people with that, feel like dog #### for 1-2 weeks then start feeling better, rinse and repeat.

decided to go  two - fisted  on this miserable mutha   :boxing:

waited 'til i got safely home, and around both my toilets, and started with the elderberry laced Sambucol - directions are to let the pill dissolve, took about a minute ... was down on my basement throne within five   :X   the twit who warned against 'laxative like' effects was spot on ... nothing explosive or urgent, mind you, but ... not a horrible alternative for anyone who gets themselves a bit backed up, ya know? 

proceeded with the SINUS BUSTER ... this #### is laced with capsaicin  :eek:  now, given my love affair with Mexican cuisine, i'm all very well familiar with the medicinal value of said ingredient ... many a time i pile on ridiculous amounts of chili-laden condiments, or the peppers themselves, and get a leaky schnozz as a result.  cool. 

but i wasn't prepared for what was to hit - like popping a quick shot of lava up yer nostrils ... burned like hell itself ... eyes watered up, and a rush of white hot pain resonated through the membranes ... then the discharge, akin to a faucet being left open in my sinus/nostril cavity. 

it was glorious.  unplugged me in about ten minutes flat.  discharge continued, went through half a box of tissues  :thumbup:

popped another Sambucol (most effective every three hours) and was feeling as chipper as could be ... switched back to Marlboro reds with nary a sniffle. 

got up this morning, and did my usual three mile run, followed by my twenty minute cardio - like a ####### boss - had a ton of air, and breezed through that #### like Jack freakin' LaLanne.   currently on my third cup  :coffee:   and burned through half a pack o'smokes already.

DONE.

VANQUISHED.

OVER.

will follow up with both remedies throughout the day, of course ... and will be  :banned: like a champ come tomorrow afternoon.

Can you get your hands on some ecstasy? Back when I was doing that a few times a week, it had magical powers to relieve any cold symptoms. 

Can you get your hands on some ecstasy? Back when I was doing that a few times a week, it had magical powers to relieve any cold symptoms. 
nonononono on that ... tried it once in my life, some 25 years ago down in Houston - some chik named Stormy dropped it to me one morning after a night of potent powder - when it fully kicked in, she was passed out, and i was abandoned - furiously searching for some relief (at least a friggin' handy) on Westheimer ... early afternoon, soaked in sweat, and very excited  :pickle:

there were no takers for this strung out Yankee ... just one 'come hither' moment from a very lanky tranny - i passed (NTTAWWT).

Well...look at Mr. Hoity–toity!  :angry:

TWO toilets you say?  :shock:

I'm just happy my outhouse doesn't have a possum family occupying at the moment!  :rant:

BTW: Glad you're feeling better... :)
it's actually three ... built one out for my gf and daughter, up on the top floor -  but it's off limits to my hairy ###, as per my edict - they need their girly space. 

I'm impressed you smoke 2 pack a day and run 3 miles. 
yep, four times a week - first thing in the morning, and that's usually 4:30 or so - have a ton of air from the night's sleep - hey, the heart is a muscle, the more you work it, the better it performs - lungs as well. 

He forgot to mention that he was running to the store to buy smokes Mr. R. ;)
that's usually left to my gf - she has a client in Brownsville, and there's a certain bodega there that is very reasonably priced - sin tax be damned. 

He forgot to mention that he was running to the store to buy smokes Mr. R. ;)
that's usually left to my gf - she has a client in Brownsville, and there's a certain bodega there that is very reasonably priced - sin tax be damned. 
HAH!

I get ya.

In KY, we have pretty reasonable prices (about $5/pack for Marlboro Lights). I've been at about 1 pk/day for years...started at 15...48.5 now....quit multiple times this year...up to a 3 months once.

I'm going onto a new insurance plan March 1st, and need to be totally cigarette free.  :unsure:

I think I can do it...I need to do it.

The generic nicorettes (the ones that look like tic-tacs) have been my best bet.  Not cheap, but they worked. Switched to real tic-tacs after my 3 months and fell back onto the sticks.

Frustrating. I'm gonna kick it this time though. I hope. :D

popped one of the elderberry pills prior to the train into Jersey, and i was reminded of the Ricky Roma (via Mamet) nugget: " all train compartments smell vaguely of #### ... it gets so that you don't even notice it"

gotta say, the dozen or so SBDs that i squeezed out under the Hudson certainly helped perpetuate that myth ?

btw, glorious mid-60s here in Hoboken, and the quality of  eye candy is spectacular  :thumbup:

It worked for Steve Jobs, didn't it? Oh, wait.... nm

Users who are viewing this thread