What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Player #19 Community Dynasty Rankings (1 Viewer)

Who would you rank 19th in a 12 team dynasty league, QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/K/DEF PPR with standard sc

• Alshon Jeffrey

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jarvis Landry

• Jordan Reed

• Other (Place name/pick in reply so I can add it, and tell me you clicked this button)

• Total voters

Brisco54

Footballguy
Rob Gronkowski takes the sixth pick of the 2d round (18th overall), with 22 of 73.  Landry & Reed received no votes.  That poll/thread can be viewed here: https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/754302-player-18-community-dynasty-rankings/

HOW TO ADD PLAYERS TO THE LIST

First, you can add a name to the current poll by clicking Other and telling me who you think is better than all players on the current list.  (Please tell me that you clicked the other button in the reply... not just the name of your nominee)

Second, in rounds where no one has clicked the other button to add a player, I will add a single player nominated in the comments.  This will be the player with the most support to be added in the comments (total users nominating that player)... in the event of a tie, it will go to the player first nominated in the comments.

Jordy Nelson got two nominations and Aaron Rodgers still only has one and Travis Kelce got one, so Jordy Nelson is added.

Time to pick #19

Standings

1.1.  Odell Beckham

1.2.  Ezekiel Elliot

1.3.  Mike Evans

1.4.  David Johnson

1.5.  LeVeon Bell

1.6.  Antonio Brown

1.7.  Julio Jones

1.8.  Amari Cooper

1.9.  AJ Green

1.10.  (Tie) Deandre Hopkins

& Rookie Pick 1.1

1.12.  Todd Gurley

Round 2

2.1 Rookie Pick 1.2

2.2 Allen Robinson

2.3  Sammy Watkins

2.4 TY Hilton

2.5 Michael Thomas

2.6 Rob Gronkowski

I'd go with Freeman if forced to make the pick, but wouldn't feel great about it.  I'd be trying to trade back in an actual startup.  

I would love to be in a dynasty where I got Bell, DJ, or Elliot with my first and then get Freeman with my second.

petekrum said:
I would love to be in a dynasty where I got Bell, DJ, or Elliot with my first and then get Freeman with my second.
Considering the scoring system says PPR, I think you'd be behind the 8 Ball at WR if you used that strategy.  Especially since you are required to start 3 WRs.

Definitely getting close to Luck time, but Freeman looks better in ppr, and Cooks is still tempting as well.  Expect the qb run starts by the end of round 2 though...

Considering the scoring system says PPR, I think you'd be behind the 8 Ball at WR if you used that strategy.  Especially since you are required to start 3 WRs.
To play devil's advocate, it'd still be pretty easy to land a WR core of guys like Baldwin, Nelson, Cobb, Benjamin, Crabtree, Sanders, Maclin and sprinkle in some upside later.  If value dictated, I'd be more than happy with something like: Zeke, Freeman, Luck, Reed, T.Coleman, H.Henry, K.White, E.Decker, L.Fitz, B.Marshall.  

The way Bell and Freeman catch passes, I'll take my chances. I'll grab WRS with my next three picks and enjoy the massive points disparity I rack up each week at RB.

To play devil's advocate, it'd still be pretty easy to land a WR core of guys like Baldwin, Nelson, Cobb, Benjamin, Crabtree, Sanders, Maclin and sprinkle in some upside later.  If value dictated, I'd be more than happy with something like: Zeke, Freeman, Luck, Reed, T.Coleman, H.Henry, K.White, E.Decker, L.Fitz, B.Marshall.  
But for how long?   Sure it would give you a good/great team in year one of your dynasty startup, but you'd be probably ####ed in years 2-4, and would have to sell Zeke to make up for it.

The way Bell and Freeman catch passes, I'll take my chances. I'll grab WRS with my next three picks and enjoy the massive points disparity I rack up each week at RB.
It feels like you're using a redraft strategy here.  Bringing piss to a #### fight, as Erlich Bachmann would say.

But for how long?   Sure it would give you a good/great team in year one of your dynasty startup, but you'd be probably ####ed in years 2-4, and would have to sell Zeke to make up for it.
It's just so easy to get decent weekly WRs if that's really all you need.  You could probably pretty easily buy a guy like Golden Tate for a 2nd round rookie pick, and there will always be guys like Fitz on the backside of their career that can be bought for cheap.

Startable WRs are a dime a dozen right now. Last season.
Wide receivers at the top did not score as much in 2016 as they have been the last two seasons, the median range scoring for WR was slightly down as well.

I think rankings for a start up draft or auction should be different than rankings for already established teams. If I were to focus solely on one or the other, I would end up with some pretty different lists.

While the RB certainly have a lot of value because of scarcity at the position compared to WR, they also have shorter useful careers. Elliot would be a rare exception right now as a RB I might actually project to have four good seasons left in his career. Although DJ and Bell are not old, they already have reached the age where RB peak and start to show some decline.

A RB averages only two top 12 seasons in their career and those seasons usually occur during their first six seasons. Bell and Johnson may decline sooner than people are thinking when talking about taking these players highly in a start up situation and if/when they do you will be leaving a big hole in your roster that drafting a younger WR likely won't.

Biabreakable said:
Wide receivers at the top did not score as much in 2016 as they have been the last two seasons, the median range scoring for WR was slightly down as well.

I think rankings for a start up draft or auction should be different than rankings for already established teams. If I were to focus solely on one or the other, I would end up with some pretty different lists.

While the RB certainly have a lot of value because of scarcity at the position compared to WR, they also have shorter useful careers. Elliot would be a rare exception right now as a RB I might actually project to have four good seasons left in his career. Although DJ and Bell are not old, they already have reached the age where RB peak and start to show some decline.

A RB averages only two top 12 seasons in their career and those seasons usually occur during their first six seasons. Bell and Johnson may decline sooner than people are thinking when talking about taking these players highly in a start up situation and if/when they do you will be leaving a big hole in your roster that drafting a younger WR likely won't.
Zeke and Bell won leagues this year.  They were literally twice as valuable as any WR.  I don't think their owners would trade those championships in for an extra couple years.  

Don't get me wrong, there's more than one way to skin a cat.  On the other hand, there's more than one way to skin a can.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Zeke and Bell won leagues this year.  They were literally twice as valuable as any WR.  
Past performance is not indicative of future results, which is why someone like Amari Cooper is considered to be a top-6 dynasty asset.

Do you expect Zeke and Bell to be twice as valuable as any WR in 2017?  Was there something about the 2016 season that may not be repeatable again this year?

Past performance is not indicative of future results, which is why someone like Amari Cooper is considered to be a top-6 dynasty asset.

Do you expect Zeke and Bell to be twice as valuable as any WR in 2017?  Was there something about the 2016 season that may not be repeatable again this year?
This is a strawman that I don't care to pick apart.  I'll be projecting Zeke, DJ, and Bell to outscore the top WR. 

Zeke and Bell won leagues this year.  They were literally twice as valuable as any WR.  I don't think their owners would trade those championships in for an extra couple years.  

Don't get me wrong, there's more than one way to skin a cat.  On the other hand, there's more than one way to skin a can.  
I agree 100% just talking about the other side of the story. 

From a start up perspective, I think investing in two RB at the start of your draft is more of a risk than drafting one, but I would still do it if I thought that RB (in this case Freeman) was good enough and then just draft more (lower rated) WR later on in the draft and hope enough of them outperform their draft spots to make up the difference enough that the RB advantage can help you win.

All of this is about draft strategy more than rankings to me though. There are only a handful of difference making RB and obviously many more WR who could be top players at their position than I think there are RB who I thnk can.

Freeman is a better bet to be a top 12 RB than most of the WR remaining at this point. He has been that the last 2 seasons and Coleman having a role didn't really stop Freeman from performing at that level. He had fewer rushing attempts (by 30) and targets (also by 30) than 2015, but put up almost the same rushing yardage, the same TDs and only 100 less receiving yards. The offense getting better in Atlanta caused Freemans yards per carry and yards per reception to improve, even though he saw less overall volume.

I voted for Keenan Allen but I may not have considered the health risks strongly enough in regards to him, he certainly isn't less risky than Freeman is.

Users who are viewing this thread