What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Just traded 2.10 rookie for Chris Hogan?? (1 Viewer)

dansav

Footballguy
ppr league TE not required can flex 2 spots.

won the league last year...here is my WR\TE core.

Gronk, Cobb, Crabtree, B Marshall, Ertz, T Sharpe, and the lovely Josh Gordon.

Was that good value?  He is 28 and did above average in his first year in Pats offense and Brady.

Was that good value?  He is 28 and did above average in his first year in Pats offense and Brady.
Meh, if you like playing Belichick roulette.  Most recent from Rotoworld: http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6902/chris-hogan

Chris Hogan caught 4-of-7 targets for 57 yards in the Patriots' Super Bowl 51 win over the Falcons.

The Patriots continued to feed Hogan downfield targets, but he dropped one and failed to separate or win in contested situations on others. Hogan's role grew in the playoffs, but he was more of a role player with Rob Gronkowski healthy early in the season. 28-year-old Hogan should return as an every-down receiver for the 2017 Pats, but his typically low-volume role will likely remain a concern for Hogan's fantasy outlook. Feb 5 - 11:10

Personally, for a WR6 ranked at the level https://dynastyleaguefootball.com/adpdata/2016-adp/ I would have preferred Allen Hurns, Eli Rogers or Kenny Stills.

Thanks,  what do you think of the trade since you had enough time to chime in?
Oh i think it's a fair deal, just couldn't resist the reverse trade page thread police. 

I could see amendola getting cut for cap reasons and Hogan being boom or bust wr depth. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I got 3.01 for Hogan in my league as he was my #8 WR.

I tried a lot of deals and that was the only one I could do.

Price seems about right.  May come down to do you want a prospect over more immediate production.  I have wasted plenty of late 2nd round picks on bad draft picks.

Not by a ton but prefer the youth of the 2.08.

I like Hogan but, if your boy Gronk is healthy, he slips down the pecking order some and as someone said - Pats are unpredictable.

I would much rather have the pick.  You paid for a nice playoff run that may happen again but you will never know when and he will likely be on your bench when it does happen.       

So I have seen 2.08 and 3.01 here for Hogan and mentions on his age, crowded field of folks competing for air time, and the Belichick wheel of fortune (with Brady playing as Vanna White?)....

What does everyone think is a fair pick for Mitchell - younger and had a hot 2nd half of last year? Is he a mid round first or multiple picks or not go at all...

If you were determined to let him go - yes I fear the wheel of fortune and all the options Brady has - but if you had to let him go what would you be asking and expecting to get. 

I see him as early 2nd round value.  You might find someone willing to pay a late first but more likely I see his value in the 2.01-2.04 range.

Everyone keeps saying the 2.08 it was the 2.10.  Not a huge difference just want to clear the air.

Users who are viewing this thread