What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 Minnesota Vikings (9 Viewers)

Looking at mocks that last few days and it seems that Ross Blaylock of TCU is now falling into the 50s. That never used to happen.

@VikingFrog or anyone know why that might be?

I did a quick google on him and I didn't see any bad news.

Almost every Mock draft I've seen has the Vikings taking a CB and a WR in the first.. Guess the OL talent must really fall off after the ones I've seen picked in the top half of the mock drafts. :kicksrock:  

Hopefully they can find decent talent in the later rounds. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see them trade way down or even out of the 1st completely. They have $12m in cap space and picks in the early 20's week each carry a bit of about $2.2m.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them trade way down or even out of the 1st completely. They have $12m in cap space and picks in the early 20's week each carry a bit of about $2.2m.
And the positions they are looking at have players equally rated from about from where they are drafting down to about the middle of the 2nd round anyway, so would make a ton of sense.

Unless someone they were in love with fell...

Ryan Clark on ESPN talking about Antoine Winfield Jr as the best safety in the draft and possible 1st round pick.

I think if the choice is Gladney or some other good corner or Winfield I am leaning towards Winfield. He can play corner too.

The ideal trade scenario would be Carolina giving up their 2nd, 3rd and 6th to come up to 22 to get Jordon Love.  The 22nd pick puts them in front of New England and New Orleans. 

Ryan Clark on ESPN talking about Antoine Winfield Jr as the best safety in the draft and possible 1st round pick.

I think if the choice is Gladney or some other good corner or Winfield I am leaning towards Winfield. He can play corner too.
I would expect there to be better CB's and S's still there in round 1 than Gladney and Winfield.

Do you think Trevon Diggs is a no-go because of his brother, or is that not something that matters?

I think the ideal scenario for the Vikings would be Ezra Cleveland and AJ Terrell.

I would expect there to be better CB's and S's still there in round 1 than Gladney and Winfield.

Do you think Trevon Diggs is a no-go because of his brother, or is that not something that matters?

I think the ideal scenario for the Vikings would be Ezra Cleveland and AJ Terrell.
Such as who?

Diggs is likely off the board due to relationship with his older brother.

I like Terrell and also Fulton and Jaylon Johnon and Gladney.and Bryce Hall.

I cannot say with conviction that any of those corners are better than Winfield is. Winfield is like the Honey Badger. He can play so many different spots of the defense. Which of these corners can also do that??

Such as who?

Diggs is likely off the board due to relationship with his older brother.

I like Terrell and also Fulton and Jaylon Johnon and Gladney.and Bryce Hall.

I cannot say with conviction that any of those corners are better than Winfield is. Winfield is like the Honey Badger. He can play so many different spots of the defense. Which of these corners can also do that??
Fulton and Johnson I think are quite a bit ahead of Winfield and Gladney.

I see Winfield's versatility, but he's also been very injury prone, and frankly how valuable is that versatility? They aren't gonna use him at Safety with Smith and Harris there. They aren't gonna use him at LB with Kendricks and Barr there. He's nowhere near as good in coverage as Fulton, Johnson or Terrell, and isn't versatile enough to play outside CB.

I like Winfield, but I think he's a pretty questionable fit with the Vikings. 

Fulton and Johnson I think are quite a bit ahead of Winfield and Gladney.

I see Winfield's versatility, but he's also been very injury prone, and frankly how valuable is that versatility? They aren't gonna use him at Safety with Smith and Harris there. They aren't gonna use him at LB with Kendricks and Barr there. He's nowhere near as good in coverage as Fulton, Johnson or Terrell, and isn't versatile enough to play outside CB.

I like Winfield, but I think he's a pretty questionable fit with the Vikings. 
I disagree with you about Winfield ability to play outside. The injury issues are a fair point.

If the Vikings keep both Smith and Harris (I hope they do) they are still getting into their 30s and Winfield could mix in these on 3 safety packages allowing Smith to play closer to the line and vice versa. Winfield would also be the Vikings nickle corner or perhaps a starting corner outside if Hill or Hughes are not available or up to the task.

I can understand wanting to have a taller corner on the outside as more ideal, I am not convinced that these other corners are better than Winfield at that task however.

I would like the Winfield pick IF they have another plan for a starting CB via FA...there are a few out there that might allow them to go that route and then slide Winfield into starting safety next year, which wouldn't be bad...

I honestly don't have a clue of what they are going to do, which makes this kind of fun!! The last few drafts I've been able to "call" their pick or at least one of two guys but it is completely up in the air this year...I LOVE IT!!

I want:

• Johnson or Gladney
  • Austin Jackson or Ezra Cleveland or Josh Jones
  • Kinlaw (don't think he'll be there)
  • Justin Jefferson (don't think he'll be there) or Reagor
This is under the assumption that all the players "rated" higher than those I listed are gone (Wirfs, Becton, Thomas, Wills, Lamb, Jeudy, Ruggs, Okudah, Brown)

According to the trade value chart the Vikings gave pick 25 (720 points) for pick 31 (600 points) pick 117 (60 points)  pick 176 (21 points) means the deal was in the 49ers favor by 39 points, which is worth pick 135 or in other words was pick 135 short of fair value.

Now the players who have been selected since then haven't made me have sellers remorse yet, aside from losing value on the deal.

I would have liked to see some beef added in the 1st. It makes me a little queasy that 49ers manhandled us on LOS and added a monster like Kinlaw to that DL. 

I would have liked to see some beef added in the 1st. It makes me a little queasy that 49ers manhandled us on LOS and added a monster like Kinlaw to that DL. 
This. That game was amongst the most depressing things I have ever watched. Just dominated on both sides. 

Gladney's knee gives me pause. But hard to feel too bad about those two selections.
Agreed. Pretty indifferent about the 2 picks. i probably would have rather passed on Jefferson and just addressed WR later. Gladney went about where he should. I like Fulton more, but I won't complain too much. Really would have loved to seen Josh Jones or AJ Epenesa with one of those 2 picks. But neither actual pick was bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the players the Vikings got. It fills 2 important needs.

I would have liked to see the Vikings go some other directions as mentioned previously, such as taking Winfield over Gladney.

We can only hope that Jefferson is a wash in replacing Diggs. Too many other good WR left but I may have been under estimating Jefferson all along. Not sure. If the pick had been Regor I would be more excited about it even though I think Reagor has more risk.

I still don't like it because of the opportunity cost of not addressing the offensive or defensive lines yet. But the way I value players has never been aligned with what the Vikings do and they have more resources and people working on it. I am likely wrong about the overall value of offensive linemen, or at least they could rationalize it enough to maybe convince me.

I see a lot of good players left but I am doubtful of them falling to pick 58 and I think its too costly for them to move up higher than that with the picks they have but how they value things likely does vary from draft to draft. They obviously didn't have a better offer to trade down than what they got from SF. If Gladney was their target at 25 then its something for nothing to them.

Playes still on the board that likely wont fall to pick 58

Yetur Gross-Matos

Josh Jones

Antoine WInfield Jr

Ezra Cleveland

Justin Blaylock

AJ Espenesa

Jaylon Johnson

Kristian Fulton

Grant Delpit

Bryce Hall

Denzel Mimz

Tee Higgins

Lloyd Cushenberry

Justin Madubuke

mozzy84 said:
Total homer pick in me wanted Winfield.  Plus he’s pretty good.  Oh well like the Jefferson pick.  
I am in the same boat.  I totally wanted them to take Winfield just for the story lines and legacy.  I have no idea if it would have been the right pick....

mozzy84 said:
Total homer pick in me wanted Winfield.  Plus he’s pretty good.  Oh well like the Jefferson pick.  
I am in the same boat.  I totally wanted them to take Winfield just for the story lines and legacy.  I have no idea if it would have been the right pick....
Winfield Jr is still on the board so I think there’s a decent chance the Vikings make a move for him.

Users who are viewing this thread