What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Need Trade Advice for Dynasty League (1 Viewer)

FredG

Footballguy
Need some trade advice - I'm new to Dynasty and need some help. 12 team PPR league. I have two trade options in front of me - don't know which is better and if either one is  good one. Player offering the trade seems to really want Malcolm Mitchell.

Trade Option 1

Being offered Jamaal Charles, Kirk Cousins, Tim Hightower, Martellus Bennett, 2017 2.08 pick

I give Smallwood, Malcolm Mitchell, Jordan Reed

Trade Option 2;

Being offered Cousins, Hightower

I give Smallwood, Mitchell

I am leaning toward a counter to Trade 2 swapping out Bennett for Hightower thinking Cousins gives me depth at QB and I can probably afford to Mitchell and Smallwood??? Need some advice Please! 

My basic team is

Tom Brady 

Kaepernick 

Cardale Jones 

McCoy 

Miller 

Ingram 

Chris Thompson 

W Smallwood 

Brandin Cooks 

Larry Fitzgerald 

Tyler Lockett 

DeSean Jackson 

Kenny Britt 

Malcolm Mitchell 

Quincy Enunwa 

Green-Beckham 

Leonte Carroo 

Robert Woods 

Paul Richardson 

Jordan Reed 

Stephen Anderson 

Lance Kendricks 

Sefarian-Jenkins 

Welcome to the forums. I think Smallwood and Mitchell is a reasonable price for cousins, with or without Bennett. Hightower isn't worth much. 

You may get more help if you post in the assistant coach forum, that's the best place to get advice on a trade or get help on roster building. If you have a completed trade and want to know if you made a good deal post in "completed dynasty trades" in the shark pool. Also a good place to see what kind of trades are going on in other leagues. 

Just offer Cousins for Mitchell. But yeah as snorkelson so eloquently (and how it should be done) put it, you're in the wrong forum. 

I don't think the value difference between Cousins and Mitchell is that much in a 12 team start 1 QB format.  I would take Cousins over Mitchell.  My issue is specifically with your team your WR group is a little weak.  Fitzgerald probably gives you just one more year. DeSean is 30 years old as well.  Lockett disappointed in year two and had a major injury. Kenny Britt turns 29 this year.  Outside of Brandin Cooks, Mitchell might be your 2nd best young WR asset.  Certainly Brady is also getting old but he is still performing at an elite level so he can get you by for a while.

Option 1 is just a terrible deal for you.  You get older, you lose one of the better younger TE and you really don't get any help in your starting lineup.

Option 2 is better.  I don't know that it seems unreasonable.  My question is how do you see that helping you?  I would still play Brady over Cousins almost always.  Reed is your starter over even Bennett as long as he is healthy. You lose 2 younger guys in Mitchell and Smallwood.  I would pass because I think you take on age with no real benefit to your starting unit.

In dynasty it's OK to think short term and improving your starting lineup but you want to use a fair portion of your bench for young potential future starters.  Mitchell flashed some great potential and don't forget that Smallwood could catapult to the top of the depth chart with Matthews potentially being gone and Sproles playing one more year. Your team has plenty of age. It needs some young bench help.

Users who are viewing this thread