What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Patrick Mahomes II, KC (2 Viewers)

Pretty sure the mahomes owners are going to win like 85 percent of leagues this year
Never know.  Having a guy like him gives you a big advantage, especially given where he was drafted this year, but it takes more than one guy to win it all. 

In one online league I'm in, the Mahomes owner's first four picks were literally LeVeon Bell, Gronk, Jordan Howard and Larry Fitzgerald.  He is 2-5. And no, it is not me. :lol:  

Last edited by a moderator:
Matt McMullen‏ @KCChiefs_Matt

In the Broncos’ last 30 games, they've allowed an opposing quarterback to throw for 300 yards just twice...both times to Patrick Mahomes.

2:00 PM - 28 Oct 2018

Patrick Mahomes completed 24-of-34 passes for 303 yards with four touchdowns and one interception while losing one yard on two carries Sunday in the Chiefs’ Week 8 win over the Broncos.

He was sacked twice for a loss of 12 yards. After Sunday's win, Mahomes is now 3-0 in his career against Denver. Sunday also extended the 23-year-old's streak of 300-yard games to seven. Mahomes had his most success throwing to Sammy Watkins, who exploded for 107 yards and two touchdowns on a season-high eight catches. The second-year stud threw an ugly interception in the second half on a pass he forced to Travis Kelce, but that was his lone blemish in an otherwise stellar outing. The current MVP front-runner will look to stay hot next week when the 7-1 Chiefs travel to Cleveland.

Jesus this dude might end up being the best ever when his career is over. 
Gonna quote to be on board.....fantasy yes....mt Rushmore of QB’s obviously not yet.....Super Bowls and keeping talent around him big factors....but seriously name one other QB you would want for the next 10 years....?...he kind of takes Arod to the next level....

because of him.....the FA talent draw to KC will be pretty large.....dudes may take less money to have a shot at super bowl every year...

why would Hill...Kelce...Hunt....etc...ever want to leave....?

they will stll get paid....at some point winning multiple championships wins out....

really think this kid is the next TB12 as far as where you want to go and possible SB’s...

Gonna quote to be on board.....fantasy yes....mt Rushmore of QB’s obviously not yet.....Super Bowls and keeping talent around him big factors....but seriously name one other QB you would want for the next 10 years....?...he kind of takes Arod to the next level....

because of him.....the FA talent draw to KC will be pretty large.....dudes may take less money to have a shot at super bowl every year...

why would Hill...Kelce...Hunt....etc...ever want to leave....?

they will stll get paid....at some point winning multiple championships wins out....

really think this kid is the next TB12 as far as where you want to go and possible SB’s...
As great as mahomes has been, is he great enough to carry big red to a super bowl victory?  I have my doubts 

Andy Reid is a big part of his success. How is he going to be the "best ever" once Andy Reid retires and he has a new coach? Think long term. 

Andy Reid is a big part of his success. How is he going to be the "best ever" once Andy Reid retires and he has a new coach? Think long term. 
Is there a Doug Pederson-type head coach in waiting on the current Chief's staff? Mahomes would benefit a lot from offensive-system continuity (a la Drew Brees & Sean Payton).

Anyone trade him or trade for him lately? Trade deadline coming, trying to see what he could go for if I were to sell.

I know there's discussion about what he's worth and it all depends on the owner. If you're looking for a RB would you take David Johnson? Shoot higher lower?

Anyone trade him or trade for him lately? Trade deadline coming, trying to see what he could go for if I were to sell.

I know there's discussion about what he's worth and it all depends on the owner. If you're looking for a RB would you take David Johnson? Shoot higher lower?
In our keep-six league, I own Mahomes and Aaron Rodgers. I have no serious needs anywhere. For me to think about moving Mahomes would require something like Saquon Barkley plus Adam Thielen. A David Johnson alone wouldn’t be close.

In our keep-six league, I own Mahomes and Aaron Rodgers. I have no serious needs anywhere. For me to think about moving Mahomes would require something like Saquon Barkley plus Adam Thielen. A David Johnson alone wouldn’t be close.
Thanks for the input. Mines a redraft. I’d definitely keep him in a keeper league.

I just picked him up in a dynasty/devy league for 2 first round picks (currently 1.8 & 1.12). I might have gone a little higher buy when I asked what it would take to get him that is what he requested. I think Barkley and Thielen is a little crazy, that would have shut down trade talks real quick.

Patrick Mahomes completed 33-of-46 passes for 478 yards, six touchdowns, and three interceptions in the Chiefs' 54-51, Week 11 loss to the Rams on Monday night.

A game for the ages. Simple as that. This may end up being the true "Super Bowl" of the season, and we can only hope to see this matchup again in February for pure entertainment purposes. Mahomes turned the ball over five times, losing a pair of fumbles, setting up two Rams touchdowns, but two of his picks were last-ditch heaves in the fourth quarter with the Chiefs chasing three points. The guy is just incredible, and he and Jared Goff combined for 925 total yards and 11 touchdowns in a battle of MVP hopefuls. Mahomes' scores went to Tyreek Hill (two), Chris Conley (two), Travis Kelce, and Kareem Hunt. Both teams earned their Week 12 byes. Mahomes will get the Raiders in Week 13.
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly of Mahomes all in one game.

He didn't look great this past game. It'll take more than one of these games though to get Mahomes some more votes.
The first 6 weeks I bet kamara would have been the mvp over brees. If I had a vote it would be Mahomes. Brees is having a great year (again) but what Mahomes is doing is unreal. Put smith back there and KC is maybe in the hunt for a wildcard...maybe. I don’t think he could make up for the defensive struggles early in the year to keep them afloat. 

The first 6 weeks I bet kamara would have been the mvp over brees. If I had a vote it would be Mahomes. Brees is having a great year (again) but what Mahomes is doing is unreal. Put smith back there and KC is maybe in the hunt for a wildcard...maybe. I don’t think he could make up for the defensive struggles early in the year to keep them afloat. 
I agree. I think it close, I think I'd vote Mahomes. I just think the media is hoping Brees so much.

Why is no one talking about what the loss of Hunt will do to Mahomes numbers and the KC offense as a whole?

reggio1 said:
Why is no one talking about what the loss of Hunt will do to Mahomes numbers and the KC offense as a whole?
Because it's not going to hurt Mahomes at all. 

Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:
I agree. I think it close, I think I'd vote Mahomes. I just think the media is hoping Brees so much.
If was voted on today Brees would def win it but if Mahomes keeps up this pace and Brees has another one or two of these games then Mahomes probably wins it. Goff isn't completely out of the picture either......

MVP....

IMO....probably the AFC player of the week  every week even when they just felt like they HAD to give it to somebody else....

really feel like if there is one player a team couldn’t afford to lose....it is him....

feel like Brees is getting some veteran love and thats fine....

but who would you take right now if somebody said you get one of these guys pulling the trigger for you the rest of the way....?

ill take the kid...

powers that be will probably say Bress cause he is on his way out....and blah blah blah....sentimental vote....and Mahomes has plenty of MVP opportunities in his future so we will just give it to Brees...

MVP....

IMO....probably the AFC player of the week  every week even when they just felt like they HAD to give it to somebody else....

really feel like if there is one player a team couldn’t afford to lose....it is him....

feel like Brees is getting some veteran love and thats fine....

but who would you take right now if somebody said you get one of these guys pulling the trigger for you the rest of the way....?

ill take the kid...

powers that be will probably say Bress cause he is on his way out....and blah blah blah....sentimental vote....and Mahomes has plenty of MVP opportunities in his future so we will just give it to Brees...
I’d take Brees or Brady.

That said he’s unreal.

With all of the veteran qb’s heading into their “twilight” years and staring at retirement....where do you really want to go if you are a FA on offense or defense in this QB league....?

Goff...Ryan...Luck....Newton...Wilson...Ryan....Cousins....Trub....Mayfield...etc....

I’ll take Mahomes twice on Sunday....

I’d take Brees or Brady.

That said he’s unreal.
I wouldn’t take either Brees or Brady with the Chiefs o-line.  Both are useless when under pressure. 

Comfy pocket?   Would take both ahead of mahomes.  And Rodgers.  

Patrick Mahomes completed 23-of-38 passes for 295 yards and four touchdowns in the Chiefs' 40-33, Week 13 win over the Raiders, adding nine carries for 52 additional yards.

Mahomes was not particularly crisp today — he struggled to get on the same page with Tyreek Hill and nearly broke some of Travis Kelce's ribs with a hospital ball — but he still managed to cruise by 40 touchdowns on the season. His 41 scores are already tied for ninth all time. Mahomes has arguably been a little too frisky with the ball of late, risking unnecessary turnovers, but his play-making ability is simply out of this world. He should be considered the frontrunner for MVP honors. The Ravens' elite defense is on deck for Week 14.
With no Hunt there was a lot more instances of Mahomes running the ball, which buoyed his already lofty weekly production. As usual he put up the Al Bundy line passing.

Patrick Mahomes completed 35-of-53 passes for 377 yards, two touchdowns, and one interception in the Chiefs' 27-24, Week 14 win over the Ravens.

Mahomes faced as much pressure in this one as any other game this season and delivered with some stunning plays, one no bigger than a 4th-and-9 long hookup to Tyreek Hill to set up the eventual game-tying touchdown pass to Damien Williams from five yards away with 53 seconds left. Mahomes' other score was a 15-yard dime to Travis Kelce in the first half. The Chiefs struggled to move the ball most of the second half but were able to escape with the win in part to some shoddy play from Lamar Jackson. The Chiefs have a quick turnaround and host the Chargers on Thursday night in Week 15.
He may be without some weapons on Thursday.

schedule is going to be a lot tougher next season let's see how he does. If Reid loses in the playoffs, AGAIN, is he even coaching KC in 2019? they fired Marty S for running pretty much the same team as Reid, doing the same things, 13-3 seasons, 1-n-done in playoffs.

Mahomes has put up extraordinary #'s surely they will regress  in 2019, probably putting him at your typical 4200-4500/30 Td QB. there's about 70 of those kind of guys  in the NFL these days. teams will spend the offseason finding ways to beat him. He's not a prodigy like Peyton Manning was, he's not the maestro that Rodgers is. he's having a great year no doubt. Lets see if it continues. 

I'd put him behind guys like Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Rivers, Matty Ice, etc..this based on the regression rolling down the tracks and the defenses adjusting in 2019. I'll take the guys who do it year in and year out and have done so for decades now..

Users who are viewing this thread