Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Faust

Dynasty & Redraft: QB Patrick ‘Showtime’ Mahomes II, Chiefs

Funny night. Nearly picked twice, and two TD "passes" of about a metre each. 

1 minute ago, Truebluey said:

a metre each. 

:rolleyes:

• Laughing 1

Half a billion to hand it off and keep the other team in the game.....Reid let BB get in his head and played conservative....no swag...too many handoffs early in downs.....and then “needing” to get a conversion on third.....need to let Mahomes eat on early downs...

Patrick Mahomes completed just 22-of-43 passes for 340 yards, two touchdowns, and one interception in the Chiefs' 40-32, Week 5 loss to the Raiders.

He added six carries for 21 yards and another touchdown as a runner, opening up the scoring with a short touchdown scamper in the first quarter. Mahomes' two touchdown throws went to Sammy Watkins and Travis Kelce. Another 60-plus yards score to Tyreek Hill was called back on a Chiefs penalty. Mahomes was cruising in the first half, but Kansas City had fewer than 25 yards of second-half offense deep into the fourth quarter with the Raiders harassing Mahomes and making him leave the pocket on most of his throws. He had to contort his body to make a number of throws. The fantasy numbers look great, but Mahomes didn't play all that well, completing just over 51% of his passes. He could have been picked off a couple times as well. The 4-1 Chiefs will head to Buffalo in Week 6, a game that is scheduled to kick off early Monday night.

- Rotoworld

Edited by The Frankman

Patrick Mahomes completed 21-of-26 passes for 225 yards and two touchdowns in the Chiefs' Week 6 win against the Bills.

Mahomes started off looking a bit shaky in the rain. There was a steady rainfall to start the game and it appeared to be affecting both Mahomes and Josh Allen. Mahomes missed on two of his first three throws and the Chiefs' initial drive ultimately stalled out at midfield. However, he came back with a vengeance after the first drive. Mahomes missed the mark on just two attempts in the second half and connected with Travis Kelce for two touchdowns. After a lackluster performance in his Week 5 loss to the Raiders, Mahomes was in peak form on Monday night. He remains one of the best fantasy quarterbacks in the league heading into his Week 7 matchup with the Broncos. 

Oct 19, 2020, 9:04 PM ET

Mahomes owners, what are you all doing this weekend?  I’m half tempted to sit him this week and start Tannehill (still haven’t decided).  With the addition of Bell and the fact they are playing the Jets, I could easily see KC running the ball all game and getting so far ahead that they sit Mahomes at some point in the second half.  

anyone else considering sitting Mahomes this week?

1 minute ago, Boone22 said:

Mahomes owners, what are you all doing this weekend?  I’m half tempted to sit him this week and start Tannehill (still haven’t decided).  With the addition of Bell and the fact they are playing the Jets, I could easily see KC running the ball all game and getting so far ahead that they sit Mahomes at some point in the second half.  

anyone else considering sitting Mahomes this week?

I thought about it, but given that he'll probably already have put in a full game of stats by the time we no longer see him, I decided against it. He may very well be just handing the ball off all the time to Bell, but the Jets have squared up against the run decently this year. (Though they are getting rid of defensive players and may not be as stout in the personnel department.) Plus, in the two leagues I have Mahomes I have only Newton and Lock backing him up (in dynasty) and Carr (in one redraft), so there's that to consider. Tannehill is a little different kind of a choice.

if Jets commit to slow down the run game.....Mahomes could easily have one of those 3-4 pass TD type games no matter how long he plays...Chiefs are still going to work on things, keep improving....good time to try and get the big play game going a little early as they should win......they haven't been as explosive as in the past, so they may try to crank it up a little....Andy Reid isn't the kind of guy to really rub people's nose in it even though they score a ton of points, so there is some concern, but the Jets gave BUF all they could handle.....these are the kind of matchups you normally look at and start salivating as a fantasy owner....thinking about sitting your guy in one of the best matchups might be over thinking it....

• Like 2

Thanks guys.  I agree with your comments and normally I wouldn’t even consider benching Mahomes at any time but looking at the Tannehill match-up had me second guessing myself. 

I drafted Mahomes so I wouldn't have to worry about these types of decisions. 

He's one of the top 4 or 5 like Russ and Kyler that give you that luxury. 

He only needs to hit 2 bombs to Hill and scramble for 45 yards and already you have a floor of 20 points. 

As an owner of Mahomes, CEH and Bell, I'm just not buying into the revenge game theory. Reid's going to makes the calls he needs to make with the end game in mind- another ring. Bell will get some, but I'm not buying the idea that CEH and the passing game will be pushed aside to satisfy a guy who's been on the team for 2 weeks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Apeman said:

As an owner of Mahomes, CEH and Bell, I'm just not buying into the revenge game theory. Reid's going to makes the calls he needs to make with the end game in mind- another ring. Bell will get some, but I'm not buying the idea that CEH and the passing game will be pushed aside to satisfy a guy who's been on the team for 2 weeks.

I wasn’t saying it was a revenge game and Andy would change his play calling but what I was saying is that with Bell AND CEH they now have two credible rushers.   I’m could easily see KC jumping out to a lead and Andy abandoning the passing game and feeding his two rushers and pounding the ball down their throats.  If they get enough of a lead and the run game is successful, Mahomes could be done in the early 3rd quarter. 

lol. Some people were worried he’d be benched by halftime, should they start him or bench him for a lesser guy with a better matchup? 

Start your studs folks. 5 TDs and 40+ fantasy points so far with a bunch of time left. 

• Like 1

Patrick Mahomes completed 31-of-42 passes for 416 yards and five touchdowns in the Chiefs' Week 8 game against the Jets. 

With the Chiefs predictably humiliating the Jets 35-9, Mahomes rested for the final 9:22. It's the second straight week Mahomes has received an early breather, though unlike Week 7 in Denver, he heads to the bench with monster fantasy numbers. Mahomes decked Gregg Williams' pathetic defense for scores of 30, 36, three, 26 and 41 yards. The first was a Mecole Hardman jet sweep that Mahomes got credit for, while the fifth was a bomb down the left sideline where Tyreek Hill got a step on a falling Bless Austin. No. 3 was an underhanded softball-type pitch to Travis Kelce near the goal line. Mahomes will enter his Week 9 start against the Panthers with 21 touchdowns compared to one pick. He is on pace for 4,630 yards at the seasons's midway point. Those numbers are like Aaron Rodgers in his prime, though still off Mahomes' MVP 2018. 

- Rotoworld

Edited by The Frankman