What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Patrick Mahomes II, KC (1 Viewer)

Anyone starting him this week? Tough matchup but LA is banged up. I'm thinking I'll start Mariota over him but it's close.

Anyone starting him this week? Tough matchup but LA is banged up. I'm thinking I'll start Mariota over him but it's close.
With Bosa out I'm starting him over Wilson vs Den this week.  I feel like he has a higher ceiling albeit a much lower floor as well.  

But I'm gonna roll the dice and see if he's ready to live up to the hype in week 1.  

I am starting him in my Dynasty League. Only other option is Carr. 

Hoping for a deep ball and some rushing yards to give him a solid start. Boss out obviously helps his cause a bit. 

Have a listen to Matt Waldman talking about Mahomes on The Couch with Sig this week. It's funny to hear him so enthusiastic. Normally he can be a wet blanket (see Kareem Hunt, 2017).

Good stuff. 

I'm not good enough at FF to start him over Brady in the one league I have him.  Waldman sure is excited for him this week and even said he was starting Mahomes over Brady in a dynasty league. 

At this point I hope Mahomes looks great so I can trade Brady for something usefull.

With Bosa out I'm starting him over Wilson vs Den this week.  I feel like he has a higher ceiling albeit a much lower floor as well.  

But I'm gonna roll the dice and see if he's ready to live up to the hype in week 1.  
I'm starting him over Wilson too. I had made that decision even before the Bosa news.

I'm just so impressed by this young man's patience, his command of the team, his reads, and most importantly, his throws. Torch or touch, he appears to have both. 

Just like Watson last year. Such a cheap ticket to pick up at the end of your draft and see what happens with all those weapons around him.

Unfortunately I’m always drafting with Texas Tech alumns so he went higher than I’d want for a second QB. 

14-team Standard League w/ Double Flex (W/T and W/R/T), drafted him in the 11th Round, pick #10 (#150 overall). Played Dalton over him last week and was stunned to see him put up a 28.09 on a good defensive unit like the Chargers (Dalton had like 16). I'm riding him the rest of the way.

Tried to draft him in our music leeg and got sniped by the Dr. Octopus draft slot right in front of me. That guy knows his stuff. This guy is legit. And has Hill and Watkins and Kelce as weapons. Sick, but with bumps.  

Couldn’t get anywhere near him in any of my leagues, as each one seems to contain a Chiefs homer. Well jealous. He just seems to have ‘it’. 

Re-Drafted him to hold the fort down until Wentz returns; never expected this.

ETA: up to 5 TDs in today's game.

Last edited by a moderator:
We knew both Mahomes and the Chiefs had a chance to be a high octane offense this year.

No one expected it at this level. Part of it is teams simply not being able to cover Kelce still, but that doesn't take anything away from what Mahomes is doing out there as a poised gunslinger.

Impressive.

The skies are secure for Air Mahomes II. Ride this dude to your league MVP, because he is the DeShaun Watson of this season but only healthy.

Patrick Mahomes completed 23-of-28 passes for 326 yards and six touchdowns in the Chiefs' 42-37, Week 2 win over the Steelers.

With 10 touchdowns, Mahomes now owns the record for the most scores through the first two weeks of the season. Mahomes was just reaving souls, ripping chunk plays whenever and wherever he wanted. Unlike last week's Tyreek Hill-dominated affair, Mahomes got every involved, finding each of Hill, Travis Kelce and Sammy Watkins for at least 100 yards. Mahomes was throwing lasers into tight coverage in the red zone, finding Kelce and Chris Conley for impressive scores. Mahomes is the real deal and could not have a better setup on a videogame. He will look to stay scorching as an elite QB1 in Week 3 against the 49ers.
Legacy of Mahomes: Soul Reaver

I see the phrase “came into the league as a project” used a lot and sometimes it confuses me....Mahomes was a top 10 pick, like may other QB’s over the years....I realize a guy like Peyton or even Luck were maybe considered “day one starter” type dudes but why is Mahomes considered a “project” any more than say Goff or Wentz recently.....or any other QB that came in...especially with an established starter in front of them....Mahomes was the back up from day one and had Smith gotten hurt in say week 4 of preseason he probably starts against NE....I can agree that some players may have been perceived that way....hell Brady probably was....but the Chiefs moved up to get Mahomes at 10 with every intention of him being “the guy” probably this year and probably even last year if Smith got hurt (or played like crap, but he had a career year)...and they probably never really considered him a “project”...I think the current QB situation/depth chart has more to do sometimes with this “project thing”.... . :shrug:  Mahomes could probably have easily been the day one starter last year for a few teams...would that have eliminated the “project” label..?

anyway....dude may struggle with KC’s brutal early 6 game stretch...(although they will need him to produce to win many/any of those games)....which may lead to some frustration but also to some decent fantasy numbers....so maybe a guy to target in trades....especially in dynasty....but honestly I think he comes in and wows people...just my   :2cents: ....tons of weapons, ability to run...I think he is top 5-10 QB in fantasy for years to come....
Bump...I might have underestimated 

This...he played with a second string set of lineman and skill players...Albert ####### Wilson destroyed the Broncos that day(mostly because of Mahomes) and the fullback...if you watch the game because Mahomes didnt have a rushing or passing TD means very little.... he actually had a rushing TD called back because he stepped out at the one on a dive and then they gave it to the FB on the next play...so no attention from fantasy owners in that game (unless the “sharks” were really paying attention).... which they should have been....KC had the game in hand because of Mahomes and they actually took him out because they had such a big lead....KC brought in Bray and lost the lead....Reid put Mahomes back in on the last drive and he led them to his first game winning drive....Denver played all their guys on defense and Von Miller, Talib, and Harris all said they couldn’t lie....Mahomes was the real deal.....if you want to get a jump on your home leagues....go back and watch the highlights from that “meaningless fantasy stat game”...
 Bump

Got a real feeling that he has “it” and is going to be THE next big thing at QB....IMO get him while you can....talent and leadership/hate to lose/working almost daily off season with his teammates, etc....let alone a great QB coach, a great system and some serious talent around him...their first 6 game stretch is brutal, but even through those games and on, this guy is going to be pulling the trigger on a bunch of my fantasy teams...especially at his current price....which won’t last long...
 Last bump ...I think...go Chiefs

I thought this guy would be good, and I got him as my starting QB in our auction league where we get bonus pts for long TDs.  I figured, even if he doesn't throw a lot of TDs, he should throw a lot of long ones.  To say I am pleased would be an understatement. 

The “wait and see” guys...which there were a lot of...swung and missed....and there’s no going back because you probbaly couldn’t pry this guy away from his owners with all the hookers and blow in Vegas....

those that took a stand and planted their flag in this guys camp are going to be rewarded....

LEGIT

The “wait and see” guys...which there were a lot of...swung and missed....and there’s no going back because you probbaly couldn’t pry this guy away from his owners with all the hookers and blow in Vegas....

those that took a stand and planted their flag in this guys camp are going to be rewarded....

dynasty....OH MY!!!!
What about him  made you  feel so confident he would succeed?

What about him  made you  feel so confident he would succeed?
Hard to explain....especially if its to someone who hasn’t ever played sports....(not saying you) which is the case for a lot of fantasy players....but sometimes you can just tell when somebody has “it” or not...its hard to describe...even when we were kids you could often see it before the game even started...the way a guy carries themselves, etc....you could tell who the best player on the field was in warm ups...this kid has the talent AND that extra thing that guys like RG3 or somebody don’t....leadership, smarts, desire...whatever....plus just serious god given gifts....pedigree with professional sports parents, family, etc,....his dad who played pro ball...wanted him to play baseball, and he would probably would have been a stud there too...Andy Reid traded up to get this guy....Andy Reid...good QB guy....weapons galore....weapons that made Alex Smith a top 5 guy....and Mahomes talent was above that....but one of the biggest things for me was something that went unnoticed by most, even though I posted here in FBG about it....in the “meaningless” game in week 17 last year.....3 of the best defensive players in the league (Von, Talib, Harris) said the kid was the real deal, even though his “fantasy” stats didn’t draw that much attention....they could see his ball speed and confidence, etc and you could tell they really didn’t want anything to do with this kid moving forward....his play in college should have opened eyes, but many were quick to say he was a project and it wouldn’translate to the NFL...but kid has the goods, and probably went to the best situation in all off football...it really shouldn’t have been that hard to see after KC traded Smith...

Users who are viewing this thread