What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Patrick Mahomes II, KC (2 Viewers)

Congrats to Mahomes owners on clinching a playoff berth in your leagues  :thumbup:
They probably did that when they drafted him at his price and then had the balls enough to go ahead and start him...you are right, he probably will be on many winning teams this year....Most thought the Chiefs would be 0-2 so far....if you started Mahomes both weeks so far you probbaly are 2-0 not just because of him, but because you should be loaded elsewhere as well...

They probably did that when they drafted him at his price and then had the balls enough to go ahead and start him...you are right, he probably will be on many winning teams this year....Most thought the Chiefs would be 0-2 so far....if you started Mahomes both weeks so far you probbaly are 2-0 not just because of him, but because you should be loaded elsewhere as well...
The rub is that I’m in a few leagues where guys drafted him as their backup. One league, the guy has Brees and started him both weeks over Mahomes. Ouch. But it’s a great problem to have. I’m sure he’s ferociously trying to flip Brees as we speak. 

The rub is that I’m in a few leagues where guys drafted him as their backup. One league, the guy has Brees and started him both weeks over Mahomes. Ouch. But it’s a great problem to have. I’m sure he’s ferociously trying to flip Brees as we speak. 
And the thing is the Chiefs defense is sooooooo bad....he is going to have to do this every week......I’m obviously a Chiefs homer, no doubt...but I think the Mahomes pick (and moving up for him) may go down as one of the best draft picks of all time for them....the ROI is going to be pretty big....sometimes we over think things in fantasy because we have TOO much information ahead of time....if you step back and look at this it should have been pretty clear....the situation was perfect, let lone the skills....but everybody thought he ws going to led the league in interceptions or some ####...

Brees will get you something in return....but if the other guy knows he is a bench player for you, the price goes down....

I will say I love him and am trying to acquire him where I dont have him.  I will also point out Watson's hot start last year and where he is now.  I see a certain degree of regression once the Ds see more film.  I do expect him to be great, just not this great.

I will say I love him and am trying to acquire him where I dont have him.  I will also point out Watson's hot start last year and where he is now.  I see a certain degree of regression once the Ds see more film.  I do expect him to be great, just not this great.
So you're saying you don't expect him to throw a TD on 18% of his passes, which is more than three times the league average?  That's a bold call on your part.

Just wanna say I was wrong on him so far ... 0/14 ownership.

I didn't think he was going to faceplant, but drafting a guy with QB8 in his first year of starting full-time generally doesn't work out as you'd expect. So I passed on him for Roeth/Rivers type tier (which also wasn't terrible).

Rules can be broken though and he's done a phenomenal job so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
At least you're humble stinkin ref. Not taking anything away from Mahomes, he's played awesome. One must acknowledge he's aided by possibly the greatest set off weapons ever. This team will be extremely hard to defend.

Meh.  Once Mahomes leads the chefs to afc hfa in week 13 and he and his 60 tds are sitting the bench in week 14 on, come tell me how great of a fantasy pick he was. 

Meh.  Once Mahomes leads the chefs to afc hfa in week 13 and he and his 60 tds are sitting the bench in week 14 on, come tell me how great of a fantasy pick he was. 
That's a risk I am willing to take...

Maybe I will hold Brady as my back up for those weeks and Mahomes' bye.

Not bad for a mid-round pick this year - LOL.

I drafted him in a Keep 2 league this year and may end up keeping him next season (the other two on my roster worth keeping are MGordon and DHopkins). However, if I can get another owner to offer me Gurley or something like that I'd have to consider.

Not bad for a mid-round pick this year - LOL.

I drafted him in a Keep 2 league this year and may end up keeping him next season (the other two on my roster worth keeping are MGordon and DHopkins). However, if I can get another owner to offer me Gurley or something like that I'd have to consider.
I couldn't hit trade fast enough if I was offered Gurley. 

Reconsider?  :loco:

Mahomes or a likely mid 1st? Thats about where id put his value in standard scoring one QB leagues. Not sure you could get that though. People just seem to hate to trade for QBs.

I drafted him over roethlisberger, cousins, Stafford, luck in a dynasty start up and people laughed at me. Who is laughing now?? :yes:

Calling it is one thing, bumping 4 old posts to say I told you so is obnoxious. But congrats. 
Lol....on a FF message board...?....where you debate things...often ahead of time,,,,making predictions....often with very diffferent opinions and people disagreeing,,,yet its “obnoxious” to come back and revisit it....got it....not allowed to revisit accurate posts...sorry your feelings got hurt....didn’t mean to be obnoxious and offend you... :lmao: ...the whole reason we come here is for this exact type of thing,,,,,where do we hit...where do we miss....what opinions/posts were  or could have been helpful...which ones weren’t....sorry you didn draft him....good luck

msudaisy26 said:
Holy ####!!! How many points do qbs score in that league?
1 point every 20 yards passing, 10 yards rushing and 6 points for TD’s

I like having a banger at QB though and paid a premium considering his start to the season. I still have Gurley so I’m not missing much. IMO anyway. 

Someone offered me either Julio Jones or Saquon Barkley for Mahomes in my league.  QB's score a lot in our PPR league as all TD's are worth 10 points and there's bonuses for longer TD's.  I'm tempted as I have Rothlisberger, but it's just hard to pull the trigger with how good Mahomes has looked, and with KC's bad defense they will continue to have to put up points.

Someone offered me either Julio Jones or Saquon Barkley for Mahomes in my league.  QB's score a lot in our PPR league as all TD's are worth 10 points and there's bonuses for longer TD's.  I'm tempted as I have Rothlisberger, but it's just hard to pull the trigger with how good Mahomes has looked, and with KC's bad defense they will continue to have to put up points.
I have Mahomes and Brady in my 6pt TD league and have been trying to shop Brady, but maybe I should be shopping Mahomes.  The Julio range is what I would want/need to justify selling him.

I'm benching him. He's not going to throw 80 touchdowns this year, lol.

First two games were very competitive. Think they whoop the 49ers ### and they run the clock out.

Terrible time to trade for him. Great sell high, but I would hold if you own him.

Stuart Ullman said:

First two games were very competitive. Think they whoop the 49ers ### and they run the clock out.

Terrible time to trade for him. Great sell high, but I would hold if you own him.
Nah, the Chiefs D is so bad that he will have to keep throwing in every game. 

Stuart Ullman said:

Stud with stud numbers, could be top QB this year but statistics average out. If you can get a ransom for him because of his start, he’s a sell high IMO.

If there is one thing KC learned from the PIT game is that they cannot afford to take their foot off the gas.....they were up 21-0 and in many ways had to hang on to win this game as PIT tied it up before halftime.....

any time this team has an empty possession (no points) they are playing with fire....no lead is safe....they will keep doing whatever is working, and right now that is having Mahomes shred defenses...

He's not going to throw for 80 TDs. But the 10 TDs he's already thrown has no bearing on the next 14 games. You don't fold pocket aces just because you won with them the hand before.
I don’t disagree with any of what you said. It also doesn’t really address my point. Everyone says his numbers will “average out” or “regress to the mean” etc. Who’s average? What mean? 

It’s quite possible he sets a new bar. 

Best part about this guy is his D stinks. No lead is safe. Foot stays on the gas. Have we every seen such a dynamic offense coupled with such a terrible defense like the 2018 Chiefs? D is worse than those greatest show on turf teams, no?

So let me get this straight...don't trade for him, sell him, but hold. Nailing your colors to the mast there.

I drafted him over roethlisberger, cousins, Stafford, luck in a dynasty start up and people laughed at me. Who is laughing now?? :yes:
2 weeks regular season wouldn't be the measuring stick I hope?  Anyone laughing now on either side would be quite a bit premature.

Best part about this guy is his D stinks. No lead is safe. Foot stays on the gas. Have we every seen such a dynamic offense coupled with such a terrible defense like the 2018 Chiefs? D is worse than those greatest show on turf teams, no?
Let's slow down here. he's no Warner yet, Hunt is no Faulk & the WRs are no Bruce & Holt yet...

I don’t disagree with any of what you said. It also doesn’t really address my point. Everyone says his numbers will “average out” or “regress to the mean” etc. Who’s average? What mean? 

It’s quite possible he sets a new bar. 
You know, the numbers other NFL players put up... :unsure:

Users who are viewing this thread