What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Patrick Mahomes II, KC (2 Viewers)

Let's slow down here. he's no Warner yet, Hunt is no Faulk & the WRs are no Bruce & Holt yet...
actually collectively so far they are....and then some....

Thru 2 games:

Warner: 584-6  Faulk: 159-0

Mahomes: 582-10 Hunt-124-0

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t disagree with any of what you said. It also doesn’t really address my point. Everyone says his numbers will “average out” or “regress to the mean” etc. Who’s average? What mean? 

It’s quite possible he sets a new bar. 
Jesus Christ. He's not the best Quarterback of all time.

Like every other player, defenses will get more film on him and figure him out. If you think he's going to revolutionize the game, put $100 on the Chiefs to win the SB at 14:1 odds.

Actually, that's not a terrible idea...

So let me get this straight...don't trade for him, sell him, but hold. Nailing your colors to the mast there.
Don't trade for him because you will overpay. Sell high if you have options at QB and can upgrade your starting roster

In a vacuum hold, because he's clearly a QB1. Hope that helps.

actually collectively so far they are....and then some....

Thru 2 games:

Warner: 584-6  Faulk: 159-0

Mahomes: 582-10 Hunt-124-0
I'm gonna be the guy who says the Greatest Show on Turf would have had more impressive stats if they played in this era.

Just kidding, but the rules were much different when Kurt was playing. 

I just got D.Adams for Maholmes... I have Rodgers and Id rather roll the dice with and make a upgrade to my squad... Maholmes Trade value is pretty high as its going to get and the guy I traded with had M.Ryan 
I would just as soon roll with Mahomes as Rodgers.  Yes, Rodgers has a long track record but he is banged up (again) and the big numbers really haven't been their lately.  Mahomes is surrounded by big play makers and the defense is conducive to shoot-outs.  The opportunity seems perfect. Sometimes, youth does prevail.  

An injury to Rodgers would impact Adams so that would be a concern for me as well.  It might have been interesting to see what Rodgers would have fetched in trade.  Overall, trading a QB in a "start one" league is difficult because everyone usually has a capable starter.  I can see why someone panicked on Ryan

Mahomes has to regress some as defenses adjust and there is always the Andy factor.  However, I'm still comfortable with "regressed numbers" and I love the upside.  We've seen young QBs take the league by storm lately and maybe all the rule changes make that possible.

Didn't see the game so wondering what happened to the Hill connection? He had entire drives where he threw to just about everyone but him. I take it he was the focus of most of the defensive attention? I know he missed him deep a couple of time but still.

King of the Jungle said:
Watson isn't that bad is he?
No he's not and he's doing the best he can with awful playcalling, a predictable offense, and a terrible o line. Almost 400 yards and 2 TDs yesterday for him. PFF grade of 84.4, 7th amongst QBs yesterdays

Any success? Curious as to offers and/or compensation.
I offered Aaron Rodger + 1st + 2nd for Mahomes + Quincy

He messaged me and said it's hard to turn down but he hasn't taken it either. It might be just to hard to trade a young guy doing historic things like this. If Mahomes comes out and throws up a 250-1-3 line he'll be asking for that deal again next week but i think he's going to turn it down.

I offered Aaron Rodger + 1st + 2nd for Mahomes + Quincy

He messaged me and said it's hard to turn down but he hasn't taken it either. It might be just to hard to trade a young guy doing historic things like this. If Mahomes comes out and throws up a 250-1-3 line he'll be asking for that deal again next week but i think he's going to turn it down.
You said it perfectly, it is just too hard to trade certain players when they are performing how they are. I can’t think of a trade I would do to unload Mahomes but part of it is just having players you like no matter the value you get in return.

Can we just call it what it is and be done....?.....legit....would you really take another QB over him right now for the next 5....7...10 years...?

Imagine the free agents on defense that will take less money to join this team moving forward....you want to go somewhere and think you can win for the next 10 years....?....

Mahomes leads Chiefs' comeback win over Broncos

Excerpt:

1. Patrick Mahomes had his moment on Monday night. After struggling through an unproductive first half during which he averaged just 4.3 yards per pass attempt, Mahomes (304 yards, TD) rebounded with confident abandon. With the Chiefs down by 10 points in the fourth quarter, the second-year gunslinger led two touchdown drives, showing off the remarkable out-of-pocket accuracy and ball speed that earned him the starting gig in Kansas City and early-season MVP chatter. After the Broncos went three-and-out with 4:35 to go, Mahomes marched K.C. down the field in eight plays, converting two third downs and bouncing back from second-and-30 at one point, to take a four-point lead over Denver with just under two minutes to go.

Case Keenum took Denver into Chiefs territory quickly, thanks to a 36-yard heave to tight end Jeff Heuerman. But the Broncos quarterback followed that up with four straight incompletions from the Chiefs' 28-yard line, including one misfire toward the end zone in the direction of a wide-open Demaryius Thomas. Game over. Point, young gun.

1b. Mahomes' night can't be summed up in numbers or metrics, but this stat from the ESPN broadcast comes pretty damn close. The Chiefs quarterback threw for 192 yards outside of the pocket on Monday night, the most by any quarterback in the past decade. The Brett Favre comparisons are easy to make, especially when Mahomes is completing passes ambidextrously and launching rifles off balance at obtuse angles like the former Packers legend. But it's hard not to make them. The only difference? Mahomes doesn't turn the ball over. Through four games, he has a 14:0 TD-to-INT ratio. Mahomes is pacing the MVP race ahead of Jared Goff and Khalil Mack -- and the gap's not small.

Can we just call it what it is and be done....?.....legit....would you really take another QB over him right now for the next 5....7...10 years...?
If the NFL had a redraft of all the current NFL players right now Mahomes would be the #1 pick imo. 

Users who are viewing this thread