What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Joe Mixon, HOU (2 Viewers)

Sure would be nice to have some idea on the injury.   If it serious and a 4-6 week time table for return, he is a drop in redraft.  
Z. Taylor made it a point to indicate that Mixon was ruled out ONLY for this week. 

Not sure why he would do that other than to keep next week's opponent (and us) in the dark.

Z. Taylor made it a point to indicate that Mixon was ruled out ONLY for this week. 

Not sure why he would do that other than to keep next week's opponent (and us) in the dark.
Only thing that concerns me is they haven’t been more specific on what the foot injury is.

Is it a bruise? A sprain? Turf toe?  Why not say?

Im no medical professional but I seem to remember a couple cases where a foot injury was later diagnosed as the dreaded lisfranc. Hope this isn’t the case!

Also, there are 10 weeks left in the fantasy season, I'd hold even if it was a  6wk injury.
In my league with super small benches, I’m not holding Mixon for 6 weeks.  Playoffs start week 13.  I will need to make desperate moves just to make them this season.  

DocHolliday said:
voiceofunreason said:
I'd hold obviously but out 6 weeks and 2 weeks to get back up to speed at best. Seems unlikely to help. Pretty sure that isn't the case here though.
In my league with super small benches, I’m not holding Mixon for 6 weeks.  Playoffs start week 13.  I will need to make desperate moves just to make them this season.  
Feels like deja vu for Mixon owners last year (he was droppable at this point last year and then went BEAST-MODE the last 6 weeks of the season).

Weebs210 said:
What? This is a horrible take. Why would you give someone a rb1 for free for the playoffs?
Mixon isn’t going to help me make the playoffs if he’s out six weeks and then returning to form a week or two later.   Hopefully, it doesn’t come to that.  

That’s a good point and total speculation.   All indications have Mixon returning week 8.  
And with a week 9 bye perhaps that gets figured into the mix, as well as, Gio's performance today? Basically, Mixon most likely returns next week or after their bye unless we hear anything more discerning about his injury. I've tried researching his injury but not much pops up.

That’s a good point and total speculation.   All indications have Mixon returning week 8.  
There’s certainly nothing to indicate he’s out 6 weeks but I haven’t seen anything to indicate he’ll be back next week. Are you referring to Taylor saying something along the lines of him only being ruled out for this week?

There’s certainly nothing to indicate he’s out 6 weeks but I haven’t seen anything to indicate he’ll be back next week. Are you referring to Taylor saying something along the lines of him only being ruled out for this week?
Yes.   That’s all we know.  

Yes.   That’s all we know.  
Seems pretty standard not to rule him out 9 days in advance of the next game. I’d take him missing practice all week and being ruled out Friday as an indication his status is very much in doubt for next week.

Last edited by a moderator:
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Joe Mixon (foot) is considered week-to-week and could miss Week 8 against the Titans.

Mixon has already been ruled out for Week 7 against the Browns. Giovani Bernard figures to get the bulk of the backfield work for Cincinnati in his absence. Samaje Perine and Trayveon Williams will back up Bernard as long as Mixon is out. Bernard is an upside RB3 this week and should be rostered in every fantasy league.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Oct 25, 2020, 10:20 AM ET

Bengals coach Zac Taylor said Joe Mixon (foot) is considered "day-to-day."

Taylor has always been coy with Cincinnati's injuries, so this type of non-answer was expected. With the team's bye right around the corner in Week 9, it would not be shocking if Taylor chose to hold out LT Jonah Williams (neck), C Trey Hopkins (neck) and Mixon to ensure all an extended rest. Giovani Bernard would again rank as a high-end RB2 with a bell-cow role if Mixon isn't able to return to practice.

SOURCE: Ben Baby on Twitter

Oct 26, 2020, 3:19 PM ET

Joe Mixon (foot) is not practicing Wednesday.

Mixon is allegedly considered day to day, but coach Zac Taylor has long been coy about his players' true statuses with injuries. We need to see Mixon practice before even thinking he'll be able to play. Giovani Bernard will be a borderline RB1/2 for however long Mixon is sidelined. Cincinnati hosts the Titans in Week 8.

RELATED: 

Giovani Bernard

SOURCE: Jay Morrison on Twitter

Oct 28, 2020, 1:52 PM ET

Bengals RB Joe Mixon was not seen at Thursday's practice. 

It's looking unlikely Mixon will get the green light to play against the Titans. Mixon would need to get in at least a limited practice on Friday to have a shot to play this week. Giovani Bernard would be a solid RB2 option in PPR leagues with Mixon out. Last week against the Browns, Bernard rushed 13 times for 37 yards and had five catches for 71 yards and a touchdown. He should once again push for 20 touches this week against Tennessee. 

RELATED: 

Giovani Bernard

SOURCE: Ben Baby on Twitter 

Oct 29, 2020, 2:10 PM ET

Despite this clown Taylor’s futile attempts at gamesmanship, since last week it looked most likely that Mixon would be held out through the bye and looking at a week 10 return (no IR, no boot etc.).

But as mentioned earlier, the incompetence of the Bengals beat writers is off the charts. They STILL haven’t followed up on the MRI results from almost two weeks ago now. Just shameful that these guys are pulling a salary to “cover” this team.

Despite this clown Taylor’s futile attempts at gamesmanship, since last week it looked most likely that Mixon would be held out through the bye and looking at a week 10 return (no IR, no boot etc.).

But as mentioned earlier, the incompetence of the Bengals beat writers is off the charts. They STILL haven’t followed up on the MRI results from almost two weeks ago now. Just shameful that these guys are pulling a salary to “cover” this team.
Yeah, it's ridiculous. 

I've got to think that with a bye week coming up Cinci reporters will be pressing on this. Or they should.

Oh...and Mixon not practicing today.

Yeah, it's ridiculous. 

I've got to think that with a bye week coming up Cinci reporters will be pressing on this. Or they should.

Oh...and Mixon not practicing today.
You would hope so, it just blows my mind that this hasn’t story been pursued already. Like wtf are these guys doing with their day.

Although considering their names are Ben Baby and Tyler Dragon (?) maybe I shouldn’t be surprised. They sound like characters from a children’s cartoon and given that it’s the Bengals clown show I guess it’s appropriate.

You would hope so, it just blows my mind that this hasn’t story been pursued already. Like wtf are these guys doing with their day.

Although considering their names are Ben Baby and Tyler Dragon (?) maybe I shouldn’t be surprised. They sound like characters from a children’s cartoon and given that it’s the Bengals clown show I guess it’s appropriate.
Ben Baby...worthless.

When this injury first emerged his big insight was that Mixon wasn't practicing but was spotted "dancing" so the injury couldn't be too serious.

https://twitter.com/Ben_Baby/status/1322201730537431045

Come for the lack of Mixon MRI result information, stay for his important takes on skyline chili. If he wasn’t such a dullard I’d just assume he’s trolling at this point.
Ben or Big Baby whatever he calls himself at it again:

Ben Baby

@Ben_Baby

Zac Taylor said declined to get into the specifics of Joe Mixon's ankle injury, saying there are just some issues with the foot. Regarding his playing status, the coach said. the team "held out hope, but it's not going to be this week."

12:08 PM · Oct 30, 2020

We're not going to get clarity.

Wish we would. I'm carrying Gio and if there's a 90%+ chance Mixon is playing next week I'd dump him.
I think Gio’s success while Mixon was out will hurt Mixon’s value when he returns. Mixon was a volume play in most games and Gio definitely earned some more drives and touches with his results the last two weeks.

I think Gio’s success while Mixon was out will hurt Mixon’s value when he returns. Mixon was a volume play in most games and Gio definitely earned some more drives and touches with his results the last two weeks.
We’ll see, but I doubt it. The usage trend is well established. Over all the years Gio has been there when Mixon is out, he’s always given heavy volume, done well, and then gone right back to his same relief role. Don’t see why this time it would be any different. 

And to the poster asking about clarity this week, it ain’t happening. These clowns Baby and Dragon don’t even do their jobs on a normal week, let alone a bye week.

I found this funny too. There was literally nothing useful in that article. 
Right. That article was some inspired clickbait. Is Mixon playing has now become a rhetorical question.  

Meanwhile I’m sure Ben Baby and the Dragon are disappointed that they have to go back to doing their job and not tweeting about skyline chili.

Lol. This guy is terrible.

Why the hell didn't they IR Mixon?
My thoughts exactly. I thought the fact that they didn't IR him meant he'd be 3 weeks or less. But then again, this is the Bungles after all. This unknown Mixon MRI report is becoming mythical at this point. 

At this point, as someone rostering both Mixon and Gio, I'd honestly they rather just hold Mixon out this week. Matchup is terrible anyway. Schedule opens up in week 12. I'd rather have him fresh down the stretch at that point. 

Users who are viewing this thread