What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What are you "Elite" at in Life? (1 Viewer)

Johnny Rock

Footballguy
Go ahead...toot your own horn. Elite as in top 1%-5% in something. 

One for me is whistling. I've been doing it for as long as I can remember. I can whistle songs, repeat back what I hear, add in improv harmony, excellent pitch, tone and variability. 

Fixing the bugs in software nobody else can track down. 

Fixing home appliances & cars cheaply.

Wondering why I can't fix women like I can fix things that work logically ;)  

top 1%-5%? Impossible to quantify, but I'm pretty good at being grateful for the things I have....to the point that I think about it nearly everyday. 

Back in the day I was convinced that I was a top 10 player of Nintendo's RBI Baseball worldwide. I remain convinced.

My Labradors think I am an elite owner.....but they might feel that way about anyone who feeds them quality food twice a day and walks them every night.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cards Against Humanity

I run the table once I can read the rest of the players and guess what makes them laugh.

:bag:

Being a reasonable kids sports dad

cooking/executing a dinner party for a large group

staying in shape relative to other guys pushing 50

the ability to pound beer quickly, which I don't do often anymore but can still do in a pinch

woefully inept in lots of critical areas though...

table top rod hockey

I can figure out a house payment including property taxes, insurance and hoa dues in about ten seconds in my head. 

frisbee

cribbage

skiing

hacky sack

fantasy football

pool

risk

pitch / smear

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Public Speaking, especially on the topics of urban/suburban and mixed use development aka walkable urbanism) FWIW the person who is arguably THE thought leader on walkable urbanism - heads GWUs real estate program and is a Brookings Fellow - said as a direct quote from him that I was "in the top 1%" in terms of speaking on this topic. An accolade that meant a ton.

2. Public engagement and outreach strategies for said development of walkable urban places.

3. FFA/FBG What If sports baseball drafts. :nerd:  

frisbee

cribbage

skiing

hacky sack

fantasy football

pool

risk

pitch / smear
What exactly does "Frisbee" mean?  Ultimate Frisbee?  Frisbee Golf?  Or throwing a Frisbee into any body of water and diving for the catch (because I rule at that)?  And don't say "all" because it's impossible for one person to be elite at all these frisbee things.

What about skiing?  You talking freestyle, aerials, bumps, extreme?  Can you downhill and tele?  Again, impossible to be elite at all these things.

Geez, what the hell is "pool?"  Oh, never mind...

I run a Communications & Media department for a local government entity. We send out dozens of press releases each week and my job is to proofread them.  I have very good grammar skills but my true area of expertise is the proper use of hyphens.  I am a whiz-bang hyphenator (see what I did there).  My staff people are always trying to trip me up, by putting in stray hyphens to try to catch me off guard, but I nearly always catch them.   

I run a Communications & Media department for a local government entity. We send out dozens of press releases each week and my job is to proofread them.  I have very good grammar skills but my true area of expertise is the proper use of hyphens.  I am a whiz-bang hyphenator (see what I did there).  My staff people are always trying to trip me up, by putting in stray hyphens to try to catch me off guard, but I nearly always catch them.   
I am not-so-good at that skill.

I think its very well grammar skills....

Executing non-repeatable events. For example:

1. You need a guy who can hit a stump sticking out of the lake with a rock on the first throw? I'm your guy.

2. You need a guy who can play darts and win against the team that's been running the dart board at the bar the last 2 hours? I'm your guy.

3. You need a guy who can get the basketball out of a tree on the first try by throwing a football at it? I'm your guy.

I'm pretty much money in all scenarios such as these. But I can usually only do it on the first try. The basketball gets stuck in the tree again - might take a dozen tries.

What exactly does "Frisbee" mean?  Ultimate Frisbee?  Frisbee Golf?  Or throwing a Frisbee into any body of water and diving for the catch (because I rule at that)?  And don't say "all" because it's impossible for one person to be elite at all these frisbee things.

What about skiing?  You talking freestyle, aerials, bumps, extreme?  Can you downhill and tele?  Again, impossible to be elite at all these things.

Geez, what the hell is "pool?"  Oh, never mind...
multiple state champs in disc golf, ultimate, accuracy, distance, mta.

alpine and tele racer, backcountry, extreme, mountaineering, cross country. no arials, hate moguls.

pool = billards, 8 & 9 ball

im awesome.

Go ahead...toot your own horn. Elite as in top 1%-5% in something. 

One for me is whistling. I've been doing it for as long as I can remember. I can whistle songs, repeat back what I hear, add in improv harmony, excellent pitch, tone and variability. 
Btw, I'm an elite whistler too. Whistle-off?

I was just thinking the other day that there's really nothing I'm "elite" at.  Pretty good or solid in a lot of areas.  But it would be nice to have an elite skill.  

Users who are viewing this thread