What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Official 2017 NFL Combine Thread** (1 Viewer)

Bucky Hodges: 6'6, 257 lbs , 10 1/8 hands
David Njoku 6'4, 246 lbs, 10 hands
OJ Howard 6'5 3/4 251 lbs, 10 hands
Jake Butt: 6-5 1/2, 246 pounds, 10 inch hands
Adam Shaheen: 6-6 1/2, 278 pounds, 9 5/8 hands, 80 1/4 wingspan.

John Ross 5'10 3/4 188 8 3/4 hand
Dede Westbrook 5'11 7/8 178 9" hand 72 3/8 wing
Travis Rudolph 5'11 3/4 189 9 1/4 hand 73 1/4 wing
Mike Williams 6'3 5/8 218 9 3/8 hand 79 7/8 wing
Curtis Samuel 5'10 5/8 196 74 7/8 wing
JuJu Smith-Schuster: 6-1 3/8, 215

Njoku had a wingspan of 82 1/2 inches!!!!!!!

WOW!!

Howard was just over 81 inches!

Tex

Bucky Hodges: 6'6, 257 lbs , 10 1/8 hands
David Njoku 6'4, 246 lbs, 10 hands
OJ Howard 6'5 3/4 251 lbs, 10 hands
Jake Butt: 6-5 1/2, 246 pounds, 10 inch hands
Adam Shaheen: 6-6 1/2, 278 pounds, 9 5/8 hands, 80 1/4 wingspan.
No wonder people are high on those two. 10 hands has to be an advantage for catching the ball, while fighting the defenders, while waving to the fans, while shooting the bird. Just think of the hall security when they cover up and run too. 

No wonder people are high on those two. 10 hands has to be an advantage for catching the ball, while fighting the defenders, while waving to the fans, while shooting the bird. Just think of the hall security when they cover up and run too. 
Damn, I must have HUGE hands.  You stretch your fingers out as far as possible on a flat surface, correct?  Then measure from tip of thumb to tip of pinkie?  10.75"

McCaffrey doing limited work
Christian McCaffrey - RB, Stanford
He weighed in at 202 lbs and will not run routes at the combine, instead choosing to work out fully at his pro day.  It's a bit of a contradiction for a player who says he feels disrespected and has a chip on his shoulder "at all times".  

DLF Analyst: Jeff Haverlack 

Could rise with a good combine
Kareem Hunt - RB, Toledo
Kareem Hunt could increase his stock greatly with fast times on Friday.  He's already known for his ball security, fumbling only once in over 800 carries, and if he can show speed dynamic, his stock will rise.

Last edited by a moderator:
Malachi Dupre - WR, LSU
Measuring in at 6'2" and 196 lbs, he does have lean size that checks the box.  But his 9" hands and his relatively short arms (for his size) of 31 1/2" may say something about his production woes.

Corey Davis - WR, Western Michigan
Davis's hands measured in at a disappointing 9 1/8" but his arm length was an impressive 33". 

Anyone got any good writers covering the combine on twitter? Can't watch much of it at work today, but at least would like to be able to follow a good twitter feed, if I can.

Alvin Kamara - RB, Tennessee
Kamara's measured in at 5'10" and 214 lbs., a very good size for his game and style.  

OJ Howard - TE, Alabama
No real surprises in Howard's measurements.  He stood 6'5 3/4" and 251 lbs. with a wingspan of 80 5/8", nearly 2" shy of Njoku.

David Njoku - TE, Miami
Njoku continues to generate interest before his combine drills.  He measured in at a lean 6'4" and 246 lbs. but his massive 82 1/2" wingspan says a lot about his receiving dynamic.  Arguably the most dynamic TE in the class, if he runs as expected, he'll be a first round selection and could challenge O.J. Howard for first TE off the board.

Malachi Dupre - WR, LSU
Measuring in at 6'2" and 196 lbs, he does have lean size that checks the box.  But his 9" hands and his relatively short arms (for his size) of 31 1/2" may say something about his production woes.
He and Duval's production woes can be tied directly to garbage LSU QBs.

McCaffrey doing limited work
Christian McCaffrey - RB, Stanford
He weighed in at 202 lbs and will not run routes at the combine, instead choosing to work out fully at his pro day.  It's a bit of a contradiction for a player who says he feels disrespected and has a chip on his shoulder "at all times".  

DLF Analyst: Jeff Haverlack 
Something doesn't smell right. He recused himself from Stanford's bowl game to focus on the combine. Then he only puts up 10 reps on the bench, and now this. 

He and Duval's production woes can be tied directly to garbage LSU QBs.
Would tend to agree, was different degrees of bad during their time at LSU but that's major reason that ODB and Landry looked more good than great.  I only commented on this because the LSU QB situation is college footballs greatest mystery to me, how a team that recruits so much talent either can't recruit or develop an upper echelon QB all these years is so odd.

Something doesn't smell right. He recused himself from Stanford's bowl game to focus on the combine. Then he only puts up 10 reps on the bench, and now this. 
To counter that(no pun intended) I would say at least, as far as I know, he's going to do the tests. Maybe when it comes down to the passing drills he would rather work with a QB he knows?

I'm no scout and have never coached but some things are easily observable.

Garrett Bolles is a little undersized but is really smooth.  

Do you think a guy would tank on purpose to get drafted by the NFL that wants him to fall????

I believed it was far fetched at one time but now I'm not so sure.

When he was interviewed on NFL radio yesterday he had a lot to gloat about when speaking about Denver. I know his father player there but he talked a lot about Shanny Jr babysitting him when he was little and then he said that he could be drafted by him. What?!?!? Ok, I get it but there was a lot said during that interview that nearly made me crash my car.

Tex

Maybe McCaffrey has the Combine pegged for the joke it is. If he's not respected by now, for what he's put on film, then nothing at the Combine is going to change that.

Maybe McCaffrey has the Combine pegged for the joke it is. If he's not respected by now, for what he's put on film, then nothing at the Combine is going to change that.
So blow it off as a joke?  Unless he's got a first round guarantee from some team, that seems a completely unrealistic and absurd decision.  

So blow it off as a joke?  Unless he's got a first round guarantee from some team, that seems a completely unrealistic and absurd decision.  
On the list of important things to show at the Combine, bench press is pretty far down the list for RBs. Kind of like 40 times for linemen.

That's not to say it's all unimportant. Agility drills are important for pretty much everyone and are really revealing, I think. Bench press for linemen and 40 times for RBs and WRs - also important.

On the list of important things to show at the Combine, bench press is pretty far down the list for RBs. Kind of like 40 times for linemen.

That's not to say it's all unimportant. Agility drills are important for pretty much everyone and are really revealing, I think. Bench press for linemen and 40 times for RBs and WRs - also important.
Well "maybe McCaffrey has the combine pegged for the joke it is" is vastly different than "maybe he focused on drills other than the bench press because they're more critical to his perceived draft value."

Sorry I didn't interpret the former as meaning the latter.

They did not start running an hour ago. ;)
My bad, looks like they updated the schedule

9am ET 1 40-Yard Dash

10am ET 1 Positional Skill Drills

11am ET 2 40-Yard Dash

12pm ET 2 Positional Skill Drills

1pm ET 3 40-Yard Dash

2pm ET 3 Positional Skill Drills

3pm ET 3 Three-Cone & Shuttle Drills

So maybe 1 PM ET?

Well "maybe McCaffrey has the combine pegged for the joke it is" is vastly different than "maybe he focused on drills other than the bench press because they're more critical to his perceived draft value."

Sorry I didn't interpret the former as meaning the latter.
On the charge of "Hyperbole" I stand guilty as charged.

9am ET 1 40-Yard Dash

11am ET 2 40-Yard Dash

1pm ET 3 40-Yard Dash

So maybe 1 PM ET?
Yeah RBs are group 3 so looks like 1pm ET.  Thanks.

9am ET 1 40-Yard Dash

11am ET 2 40-Yard Dash

1pm ET 3 40-Yard Dash

So maybe 1 PM ET?
RBs are group 3 so it looks like 1pm for the 40

9am ET 1 40-Yard Dash

11am ET 2 40-Yard Dash

1pm ET 3 40-Yard Dash

So maybe 1 PM ET?
The schedule is being pushed back because of how slow these linemen are running.

Do you think a guy would tank on purpose to get drafted by the NFL that wants him to fall????

I believed it was far fetched at one time but now I'm not so sure.

When he was interviewed on NFL radio yesterday he had a lot to gloat about when speaking about Denver. I know his father player there but he talked a lot about Shanny Jr babysitting him when he was little and then he said that he could be drafted by him. What?!?!? Ok, I get it but there was a lot said during that interview that nearly made me crash my car.

Tex
I don't know but I guarantee he wants to play for the Broncos.

Users who are viewing this thread